Reduced payments

Options
My ex is saying he has my daughter for over 52 days a year to reduce his payments witch is an total lie. I have told the CSA this but they seem to just be taking his word for it! We live over 200 miles away from him for a start, it just makes me so mad.

How much is he having his payments reduced by and is there anything I can do about it?

Thank you.

Comments

• DUTR
    DUTR Posts: 12,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That's odd they usually take the PWC's word and the NRP has to prove he has them overnight.
  • MataNui
    MataNui Posts: 1,075 Forumite
    Options
    So that would be one day a week then. They probably took his word for it because that would be a pretty standard access arrangement anyway so there would be no reason to suspect it was anything other than reasonable.

It wont be reduced by much. They dont do it in the mathematical way so it wont be reduced by as much as dividing the weekly by 7. Are you even sure it is reduced? From what i remember (scheme 1) they dont make any deductions for one day a week (or at least they didnt for me).
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MataNui wrote: »
    So that would be one day a week then. They probably took his word for it because that would be a pretty standard access arrangement anyway so there would be no reason to suspect it was anything other than reasonable.

It wont be reduced by much. They dont do it in the mathematical way so it wont be reduced by as much as dividing the weekly by 7. Are you even sure it is reduced? From what i remember (scheme 1) they dont make any deductions for one day a week (or at least they didnt for me).

Less than 52 nights and no deduction.

More than 52 nights less than 104 nights and a 1/7th deduction applies.

I would have thought they'd take receiving parents word for it as well. Maybe the NRP had some sort of proof so they accepted that instead.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
  • skye_
    skye_ Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.

They are saying because there is a dispute they are sending us both calanders and we have to fill in which night she stays with him and send it back, which he'll lie about again anyway. Its only been about 10 nights this year, if that.
  • shoe*diva79
    shoe*diva79 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Options
    skye_ wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

They are saying because there is a dispute they are sending us both calanders and we have to fill in which night she stays with him and send it back, which he'll lie about again anyway. Its only been about 10 nights this year, if that.

Make sure you get proof when she stays with you. dated newspaper photos etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure