Over payments

Liability for CM ended at the beginning of September 2014 but CSA didn't inform me until mid December so by this time they had taken a further four DD payments and presumably passed to the PWC. Another DD was taken January 2015. I wrote asking for the return of the over payments and the payment taken in January was returned in February.

To date I have heard no more about the other four over payments.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it should take? Do they need to get the money back from the PWC first or are they legally obliged to refund me and then try to recover it?

Comments

• shoe*diva79
    shoe*diva79 Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Have you contacted them since the January one was returned?
  • Pups
    Pups Posts: 12 Forumite
    WYSPECIAL wrote: »
    Liability for CM ended at the beginning of September 2014 but CSA didn't inform me until mid December so by this time they had taken a further four DD payments and presumably passed to the PWC. Another DD was taken January 2015. I wrote asking for the return of the over payments and the payment taken in January was returned in February.

To date I have heard no more about the other four over payments.

Does anyone have any experience of how long it should take? Do they need to get the money back from the PWC first or are they legally obliged to refund me and then try to recover it?

I had an issue of overpayments due to CSA incorrect calculations >£5K.

Slightly different scenario to yours, as I paid thru DOE.

CSA tried to get away with reducing MA to minimal amount for remaining period of support liability, but I got my refund + compensation (loss of interest, cost of calls & time taken to correct their mistakes, distress & anguish caused by CSA approach to mishandling the case, blah, blah). I won my case on the grounds I paid the support via DOE directly to the CSA.

Your case is similar, you are making support payments directly to the CSA via DD.

I recommend you take similar approach that I took.

Regarding if the CSA can reclaim any overpayments from PWC. Yes they can & they will. I had this confirmed yesterday.

However, that's their business with the PWC. You should just focus on getting your refund

Best of luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport