MSE News: MSE Big Energy Switch Event 5: British Gas £300/yr saving for new &...

Comments

• barneydog
    barneydog Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    footyguy wrote: »
    If you provide your user id & password to your parents, they can modify the information (address, current supplier(s) and tariff(s), usage, etc) and then they can switch themself.

You will have to create another user id for yourself if you want to continue to use the CEC (which will not be eligible for this collective tariff)

Thanks for the reply and I will do just that :T
    Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive
  • Ha! I thought I was the only one disappointed by the Club.
    I'm in good and numerous company.
    I too would like to understand how MSE recommend these deals which are obviously wrong.
    I have had an answer from CEC and Npower which would make a politician seem direct and plain speaking.
    In other words avoided both the question and an answer.
    Ah well Martin's not a saint after all.
    We live and learn but it seems ironic to be ripped off by who I thought were the good guys.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 September 2016 at 8:34PM
    ... it seems ironic to be ripped off by who I thought were the good guys.

In the past we've criticised MSE for doing the very things they've criticised other suppliers for doing - which can be summarised as not telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

When MSE has responded, the responses have always been of the "well, you know what we meant", "well, we had to simplify some of our statements" type - all the same lame excuses cowboy organisations give when hauled up before the ASA.

To put it mildly, it indelibly tarnishes the image MSE tries to project of itself - but there you are. Just another proof of the old saying that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
  • I have one meter on prepaid and 1 meter on direct debit with British Gas - can I go for this
    :j if my house aint clean enough for you tough
  • There is a discrepancy between my current provider's annual projected cost and MSE's Cheap Energy Club search results:- For 15138 kWh gas and 1894 kWh Electricty, GB Energy project my standard variable tariff to be £715.13/year, whereas same figures put into MSE Cheap Energy Club search engine return £767 - about £50 more (7% discrepancy). If I 'fix' for 12 months with GB Energy my bill falls to £706.84 which is lower than the promoted BGas 'deal' at £708.
    Why are MSE CEC's search results for my supplier 7% higher than my supplier's own projection?
  • I'm already a BG customer so was going to take advantage of the fix but will they make me have a smart meter? Also if I fix for a year it says I will have to change supplier in a years time? I don't want to change from BG.
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Isbjorn wrote: »
    There is a discrepancy between my current provider's annual projected cost and MSE's Cheap Energy Club search results:- For 15138 kWh gas and 1894 kWh Electricty, GB Energy project my standard variable tariff to be £715.13/year, whereas same figures put into MSE Cheap Energy Club search engine return £767 - about £50 more (7% discrepancy). If I 'fix' for 12 months with GB Energy my bill falls to £706.84 which is lower than the promoted BGas 'deal' at £708.
    Why are MSE CEC's search results for my supplier 7% higher than my supplier's own projection?

One include tax and the other doesn't?
  • Futuristic
    Futuristic Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    So made the switch to British Gas from Eon today, even the Eon rep told me it was pretty dumb to only offer the collective to new customers only. I can only assume he's seen a ton of people switch already.
  • Hi MSE,
    I am a BG customer, and switched to YOUR new deal called; MSE BG Collective Fix Oct 2017; which apparently is for 'duel fuel', and on the MSE Cheap Energy Club site, of which I am signed up to, it tells me I am in the process of switching to this new deal. Well I received an email from BG B]Saturday 24 Sept 2016[/B informing me of 'Important information about your new gas tariff''. So I signed into my BG account; and THAT does show I am NOW on this new deal for BG Collective Fix Oct 2017; BUT FOR GAS ONLY, AND MY ELECTRICITY IS STILL ON STANDARD TARIFF!!! WHY IS THIS???
    Why haven't BG put me on the 'DUEL FUEL' tariffs for YOUR MSE BG Collective Fix Oct 2017?

Can someone there in the MSE Cheap Energy Club please look into this and get back to me, before the deal finishes altogether, as I need both my Gas and Electricity to be as cheap as possible? Thank you.
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    dinger3 wrote: »
    Why haven't BG put me on the 'DUEL FUEL' tariffs for YOUR MSE BG Collective Fix Oct 2017?

If you read some posts on this thread you will see that there is often a delay of a few days between gas and then electricity appearing on your account. In my case it was only 2 days(with electricity first).

It is a dual fuel tariff so I would have thought it unlikely that you would remain on two different tariffs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure