Update from Lynzpower

Comments

• lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Start a new thread, or if you wanted you could look at blogspot ( do a google!)

Ok, todays update is
    1) about to go out & post the book
    2) do have enough cash on my egg card - so my debt will go up in my sig later today, to cover for the money claim - ah well, gotta be done!
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • Hey Lynz,

Don't worry, you didn't steal my thunder and thanks so much for your post on my thread.

I've been thinking a lot about your over the past 24 hours and am so glad that you have made a decision to sell up - it really sounds like the best idea there is. I hope that you are not feeling too rough - and don't push yourself too hard - how about having a couple of days just to recharge and not do any MSE or O/S stuff but stay in the mindset (can you tell this is how I am feeling too?)

Sorry - I didn't mean to make this post about me - I just wanted to give you my love and support. You really are a big help to this board and an inspiration.

Love

scottishspendaholic x
    MBNA = £4,000 / Next = £925 (approx. tbc on 19/8)
    Tesco = £2,910.11 / Smile overdraft = £500
    Bank of Scotland = £2,782.83
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Cheers SS

Personally, Ive done my crying for now. Besides theres nothing cr==er than looking at yourself in the mirror after youve been crying, going not only do my clothes look like rags, but I look like a dog as well.

Cos Im not at work for a few days, i thought well I'll get what i need to do done, and then i wont feel like things are sliding. However, this weekend we are going to a wedding in a lovely place, rooms being paid for by my very generous parents, and the hotel is superposh and has a spa/sauna/ swim/ gym etc so dont you worry I'll make the most of that. So that will be gorgeous. We cant wait. And best of all were not paying for it :money: :D
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    This Ive come to know...
  • CosmoCat
    CosmoCat Posts: 681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    lynzpower

you are truly and inspiring poster. you've done amazingly wells since you've had your lightbulb moment. we all have our little slips, but seems even then you've gotten up from that rather quickly.

it's great to read your story. shows that becoming debt free is very achieveable once you're ready to put in some work.

sorry you've had bad health news, but you've got an indomitable spirit which is what matters the most. continue to be a shining light.
    MFW Newbie - #17. (#116 in 2019)
    New Mortgage at Nov 19 - £273 499
    Current Balance - £268 225
    Want to cut down 26 year mortgage by 9 years!
    New MF date 2036 :dance:
  • lynzpower
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Heres a tip lol check your accounts regualrly. I havent been checking my rent & bills account as it just "ticks over" but of course this hasnt happened, as screenselect chose to charge me even though I cancelled in the free period, and thus my account went over drawn incurring 30.00 of charges. Of course I'll be asking for these back, but grr, it means Im going to have to find a further 30 quid from somewhere to top the account up in the interim.
    Damn!
    This Ive come to know...
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Really pleased to see that you have a lovely w/e planned (dead jealous of the spa bit...get some bubbles for me in a glass & the jacuzzi!)...look at how much you've achieved in such a short time and no wonder you feel so pooped, regardless of health issues on top! Just keep on plugging away at whats left & it will be done as soon as you know it, esp when you sell the flat! Big hugs & go easy/be gentle on yourself!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• just wanted to second all these posts - and say thanks for the great advice you've given me and others. And wow you've done a hell-of-a-lot of MSE stuff so far - excellent progress!!
  • LookingAhead
    LookingAhead Posts: 4,633 Forumite
    Hey lynz....you sound like you are in an "up and at 'em" frame of mind today. Good one.

I was reading through your "What I have done so far" (since March!) and it just kept going...and going....and going...

Superb.

I so pleased you are going away to a posh hotel with all those facilities. You'd just better make the most of it! Criminal if you don't. ;)

L.A.x
    Bank Balance: In the black for the moment.
    Sainsburys Loan: Cleared July 2010
    Credit cards: AMEX Airmiles Card: direct debit set to clear balance monthly
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Lynz

I just want to say well done on what you have achieved and thanks for the advice and support

J
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hello Lynz, just to say I'm glad you are sorting things out and I hope you enjoy the wedding at the weekend. Look after yourself, in fact, pamper yourself and dont let anything stress you out. Love tes.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure