Which mattress? (merged threads)

Comments

• honey06 wrote: »
    have vouchers for M&S, and why not from there??
    i would have guessed theirs are made by a reputable company??? am i wrong?:o :o:o

Absolutely and if you want to buy a bed from M&S then please do so. Just because a couple of people on here don't rate other companies beds then do your own research and buy the mattress you want.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    honey06 wrote: »

Out of the three I'd go for the middle one apart from one problem (it is non turn). See if they do a two sided version, as it should last far longer if you can turn it on a regular basis.

The first one has a pillow top which over time can leave you sleeping in a hollow as the fillings move about.

If you go for the third one then ignore the 'no need to turn' and make sure you do turn it on a regular basis, otherwise it simply won't last as long.

Sorry, I forgot to ask........how big are the gaps between the slats?
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Absolutely and if you want to buy a bed from M&S then please do so. Just because a couple of people on here don't rate other companies beds then do your own research and buy the mattress you want.
    Relax EL ;)

I wasn't suggesting she didnt go to M&S, just wondering why she chose them to buy a bed from?! It's like going to a butchers for toys...not their speciality and you'd presume not great quality or warranty.

The idea of this thread is for people to come on and get advise about what mattress to buy, if you 'do your own research and buy the mattress you want' then you'd not be here in the first place...? But it is just that, advise, and we are all allowed our opinions, but in Tim's case it's a far greater educated opinion than all the rest of us put together.
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • TiTheRev
    Thanks Bed Market, and welcome :D

Firstly though, i'd just advise you that posting like this will be interpreted as advertising for personal gain, so reckon you should edit your post so it doesn't mention the links/discounts etc.

Forum rules state:
    Don't post links for personal gain. Except in the referrers section and always declare any interest.

Add a link in referrers section maybe?

Please feel free to stick around and give neutral advice though :D
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • TiTheRev wrote: »
    Relax EL ;)

Quite relaxed thank you.:confused:

I wasn't suggesting she didnt go to M&S, just wondering why she chose them to buy a bed from?! It's like going to a butchers for toys...not their speciality and you'd presume not great quality or warranty.

Actually I've bought food and toys from M&S so I don't see your point here? M&S have sold furniture, including beds, for many a year and I certainly wouldn't presume that the goods they sell are not of great quality.

The idea of this thread is for people to come on and get advise about what mattress to buy, if you 'do your own research and buy the mattress you want' then you'd not be here in the first place...? But it is just that, advise, and we are all allowed our opinions, but in Tim's case it's a far greater educated opinion than all the rest of us put together.

As I am allowed my opinion even if I'm not as "educated" as Tim ;)
  • TiTheRev
    Food and toys from M&S, yes. Beds? Ive never seen furniture or beds in ANY M&S store Ive been into, so presumed it was a new line.

I can't imagine that if you were to ask any of the staff there what the difference between coil sprung and pocket sprung that they'd know the finer details, let alone the different types of visco-latex's or memory foams?

My point was just that you'd get a better range, and quality of advice from an independant retailer than M&S. If the OP can get advice here on the range (or Tim's educated opinion maybe!), and then buy from M&S, great! But try before you buy is limited, and by Tim's above post the mattresses aren't great anyway.
  • TiTheRev wrote: »
    Thanks Bed Market, and welcome :D

Firstly though, i'd just advise you that posting like this will be interpreted as advertising for personal gain, so reckon you should edit your post so it doesn't mention the links/discounts etc.

Forum rules state:

Add a link in referrers section maybe?

Please feel free to stick around and give neutral advice though :D

Edited the post.... can you (or anyone) review the post please as am fairly new to this and don't wanna fall on the first hurdle!

Can someone also clarify if someone enquires about a manufacturer that we deal with or a product we sell, are we able to give advice on them ... or not....
  • bed_market, if you email abuse @ moneysavingexpert.com and ask them about posting they will keep you right.
  • Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    I didn't say to check them out to see if they were rejects. What I said was to check the seller out because they don't have previous feedback for selling beds (or as far as we can tell because their feedback is private). Try contacting their previous customers.

I shouldn't think that they are second hand, as they wouldn't have so many for sale. There is a possibility that they could be seconds, but unlikely as it could cost them a fortune in returns.

My only concern is because of the feedback (but we all have to start somewhere). When I was new to ebay someone hijacked my ebay account and tried to sell jet skis (that obviously didn't exist). So to be on the safe side just send a couple of their previous customers an e-mail.

Just to clarify, the products we sell on eBay are all BRAND NEW , we don't deal with 'seconds' or 'rejects' as someone nicely put it!

... As you can appreciate eBay is highly competitive for prices, and due to our low feedback score... we thought it might be a good idea to be really competitive on the prices, despite this all the products are brand new...

Regards,

Bed Market
  • TiTheRev
    bed_market wrote: »
    Edited the post.... can you (or anyone) review the post please as am fairly new to this and don't wanna fall on the first hurdle!

Can someone also clarify if someone enquires about a manufacturer that we deal with or a product we sell, are we able to give advice on them ... or not....
    As EL stated, email the forum guys and they can assist, but just to clarify you cannot advise on products you sell, or recommend anyone check your website directly. That would be classed as advice for personal gain.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure