Taking kids out of school

Options
124»

Comments

• whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Long before anyone thought twice about this, we got the chance of being taken away on holiday (our first ever) by my aunt, when I was almost nine. I missed the first week or so of the school term and that was when we tackled decimals. I was a bright child but it took ages for me to grasp the concept because I missed out on the foundations and sharing that particular learning point with my class. The teacher didn't have the time to take me to one side and help me.
  • walby1993
    walby1993 Posts: 355 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    In my opinion, Sats are more for the schools benefit than the childrens. The sooner Sats are abolished, the better.

They are not for the schools benefit at all. Many schools don't want to take part but have to. It is for the Government, no-one else benefits.
    :heart: Became Mrs W in 2011 :heart:
    :smileyhea Blessed with Baby boy 1 in 2013, Baby boy 2 in 2016 and Baby boy 3 in 2018 :smileyhea
    Debt @ 19/8/11 [STRIKE]£20,060 [/STRIKE] current £0
    Paid off 100% :dance:
  • walby1993
    walby1993 Posts: 355 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It is different. If teachers strike it's for 1 day and every pupil in the class is in the same position. If you take your son out for 3 days the teacher has to spend time catching him up as well as keeping the other 29 occupied.

Plus, the teacher gets "fined" for their strike by losing a days wages.

Most parents haven't got a clue how disruptive taking children out of school is. You even get people taking their kids out of school just a few weeks before their GCSE exams when all important revision is being done (and of course, they don't do any revision on their holidays) and then they wonder why their child didn't achieve their target grade...
    :heart: Became Mrs W in 2011 :heart:
    :smileyhea Blessed with Baby boy 1 in 2013, Baby boy 2 in 2016 and Baby boy 3 in 2018 :smileyhea
    Debt @ 19/8/11 [STRIKE]£20,060 [/STRIKE] current £0
    Paid off 100% :dance:
  • Johnnytwostep
    Options
    I will and do take my kids out of school for their holidays and no fascists are going to tell me otherwise.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure