loans for carers

I'm a carer for my disabled partner,and my weekly income as i don't go out to work is £48.00 per week,unfortunately where i live is semi-rural and the employment is next to zero,i am unskilled,i don't drive,and struggle to find work.
I have applied to a number of places to try and secure A small loan that i can afford to pay back ,there is no-one out there who is prepared to assist someone in my position,the money i recieve is supposed to be a top up on a wage,but i cannot find a position which will pay me a wage that i can live on while caring for my partner,and bearing in mind that a carer is a job,it's just not recognised in my opinion,because i don't go to an office every day,am not to be seen at the train station or bus station,one of the hidden many. Are there any companies i could contact that may help,does anyone know. Scott.:confused:

Comments

• CLAPTON
    CLAPTON Posts: 41,865
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Frankly any loan you are are likely to receive will probably be at very high interest rates.
    As you say you have some spare cash I would suggest you save this up and spend only once you have saved enough.
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,565
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I would knock the loan idea on the head....permanently.
    A loan is to pay back and if your income is very low you will just start on that slippery slope like lots of the peeps on here.
    Look at it from another angle....
    Its not my area at all but I am sure if you trawl about on here and post in the right place you will get loads and loads of help.
    Are you sure that you are claiming all your entitlements ?????
    From your short post I am sure that you must be entitled to more State help but as I say its not my area.
    Best of luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport