The MSE Forum will be undergoing some maintenance this evening. As a result, some users may experience temporary performance issues. Please use the Site Feedback board to report anything major. Thank you for your patience.

The great Lidl/Aldi beauty hunt....

Comments

• Sadiedoll this is a great idea, could you please help me out with which shop the products come from. I think Cien ones are Lidl .Sure it would help others too. I get my dd the pack of 2 kid's toothbrush's they are in the shape of a crocodile and hippo they seem quite good can't remember the price but think its less than a £
    Booo!!!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,491
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Not strictly Aldi/Lidl but Tesco have a Q10 day cream for even cheaper than the famed one from Aldi. Haven't used it yet (still finishing Aldi pot) but it's about 84p and smells very similar.
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    just browsing and found this
    worth a read.
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• I see your logic here and you are being sensible, but can I make a few points. Aldi and Lidl don't make their own products themselves. They get contract manufacturers to make them and develop them. It is very unlikely that one company supplies every line, so you need to try every product and make an independent judgement on them.

The majority of beauty ranges are also owned (and therefore manufactured) by a handful of mega large companies. Estee Lauder own MAC, Clinique and Prescriptives. L'Oreal own the Body Shop, Maybelline, Garnier, Kiehl's and Lancome, to name but a few
  • We seemed to go through Handwash like it was going out of fashion in our house....I used tobuy it BOGOF as it was always on offer somewhere or another and used to get Radox or Palmolive most often. Lidl is actually our closest supermarket and I never used to really venture there unless it was for something advertised in their leaflet that I really needed.....
    One day decided to pop in to see if they had any handwash as we were totally out...and picked up Cien Milk & Honey and the Cien blue handwash at 49p for a huge bottle.
    Didn't expect much of it BUT it's great.....has a mild care formula as well and obvuiously lasts longer.

Since then I send hubby off to restock evey now and then...he's recently bought about 10 bottles - they've gone up to 55p and now have a variety of different fragrances - fruit mix and apple are my favourite!!

That's the only beauty thing I can get from there as I have very sensitive skin and also my eyes burn like hell if I use certain shampoos/facewash etc so all that stuff still gets bought BOGOF
  • Diane60
    Diane60 Posts: 571
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    harryharp wrote: »
    I have some of the wrinkle filler and wasn't sure how to use it (all over or just on wrinkles?) or even whether you could use it on the eye area or not. But I will try that since you say it works well for you!
    I only use it around the eye area. Pull the skin lightly to open the wrinkle and pat in the cream. I can feel it tighten a few seconds after. I used to use Gatineau eye serum but I honestly really rate this product. Been using it nearly a month and it gives good results. Remember though, nothing removes the wrinkle, it just plumps it temporarily. Let me know what you think harryharp.
  • Just to clarify, Cien is Lidl, which is all I've used so far. I've a pot of the legendary Aldi cream sitting on my bedside table ready to go.

They still had the Anti wrinkle cream in the black tube in my local branch on saturday........
  • needmoney
    needmoney Posts: 4,932
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    sadiedoll wrote: »
    Just to clarify, Cien is Lidl, which is all I've used so far. I've a pot of the legendary Aldi cream sitting on my bedside table ready to go.

They still had the Anti wrinkle cream in the black tube in my local branch on saturday........

Thanks Sadie it's still a black tube but the cream is different.
    It used to be a creamy colour and felt expensive, the new one is white and thin.
    Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs should get used to it.;)
    Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

• needmoney wrote: »
    Thanks Sadie it's still a black tube but the cream is different.
    It used to be a creamy colour and felt expensive, the new one is white and thin.

Curses, that's a pain! I shall pop in and have a shufty at the texture of it, just on the off- chance, as i'll be passing on the way home.
  • treliac
    treliac Posts: 4,524 Forumite
    That's a real blow. It was lovely stuff and cheap enough to use on feet, elbows etc. etc. - anywhere in fact ;)

Do you think that if enough of us complained, Lidl might be able to get the original manufacturer back ? frown.gif

I shall have to check the ingredients of the new one. AFAIK the retinol / retinyl palmitate (vitamin A) is one of the most important ingredients.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure