[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] "Shopper Discount & Rewards"

Comments

• dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2013 at 3:49PM
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] I ordered a pair of trainers and when the transaction completed up came a screen asking "do you want £10 of your next order?" No mention of a monthly fee.

Something has got to be done about this blatant fraud by these big well known companies.

I will never ever shop with either Interflora, Millet sports or Easy Jet again and neither will my parter nor my parents, and hopefully [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
  • gregory77
    gregory77 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 9 December 2013 at 3:50PM
    Something has got to be done about this blatant fraud by these big well known companies.

:mad: Can anybody do something about it?
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] but what's about the guys out there that dont know about Moneysavingexpert ?? :confused:

If anybody know what to do please help!!!
  • dealer_wins
    dealer_wins Posts: 7,334 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2013 at 3:50PM
    gregory77 wrote: »
    :mad: Can anybody do something about it?
    [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] but what's about the guys out there that dont know about Moneysavingexpert ?? :confused:

If anybody know what to do please help!!!

I have written formal complaint letters to Millet Sports and Interflora, both have not bothered to reply.

I also wrote to Watchdog but only last week so waiting for a response.

My personal satisfaction is that me and all my family now boycott the above companies, and in Interflora's case this will cost them lost sales of over £500 a year easily, and Millets about £150 a year.

And I bad mouth them at every chance I get to colleagues/friends etc.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]
  • elvis_girl
    elvis_girl Posts: 244 Forumite
    It seems that none of the merchants concerned want to know, and I even think Easyjet are still associating with these people!
    Perhaps we should all write to Watchdog ([EMAIL="watchdog@bbc.co.uk"]watchdog@bbc.co.uk[/EMAIL]) & see if they will investigate further
  • rwm_2
    rwm_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 9 December 2013 at 3:53PM
    I've nothing particularly new to write that hasn't already been said, but felt the need to add myself to this lengthening list of people who have been [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] taking out a subscription with this Shoppers Discounts & Rewards company. Like a fair few others I innocently clicked on a "Save £10 off your next flight" box after booking a summer flight with easyJet and the first I realised I'd been [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] into a monthly subscription was when I got my credit card statement and noticed an £8 fee to a company I knew nothing about. Managed to trace it back to my easyJet booking and consequently also came across this forum and realised I'm not the only easyJet customer [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

I cancelled my subscription to SD&R (Tel: 0808 234 1539) and have also written to easyJet telling them that I felt [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] by this £10 promotion and that I was surprised easyJet would associate themselves with a company that is so obviously going out to [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] make their money. I also stated my anger that my personal details and credit card information that was stored on their database had been passed onto a third party by themselves and without my knowledge or permission and that I was highly unlikely to use them again whilst they associated themselves with [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]

I received a rather dismissive reply from easyJet 2 days ago:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am disappointed to hear that you have had problems using our website and know how frustrating this can be.

The problem you have described is you must have done a purchase on the website above and ticked the box that signed them up for a 30 day trial. As easyJet is part of this scheme you received an offer while booking.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyJet web site.

Yours sincerely

X. XXXXXXX
    Customer Services Representative

As a number of others have mentioned on this forum, perhaps if enough of us contact the BBC Watchdog programme they will investigate into the matter and help bring this [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] into people's awareness. I'm going to do my bit now.
  • I have discovered the £8 credit card charge too! -got mine through National Express offering £10 voucher -I should have guessed although with a company like NE, you would think they would vet their partners?
    Just cancelled but will be on first thing Monday to get my money back -looks like they transfer the credit card and address details from the NE site to their own and create a 'membership profile' ! -Cant see any mention of them on the NE website now though, funny eh?
    Tony
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    custardy wrote: »
    in the short term can you not report your card lost
    i assume they use new card numbers with a lost card replacement?

Just be aware that if you have set up the continuous authority on your credit card, getting a new card number will not help in this situation. The old number is linked to the new one, so a continuous authority debit is transferred.

Even trying to close the credit card account doesn't solve the problem. You can still be charged.
  • crocker
    crocker Posts: 220 Forumite
    Ever clicked on Easy Jet ,Interflora,National Express and any site that says

£10 off ... click at your peril

Safe sites like easy Jet,Interflora,National Express and you will find £8 mth taken from your account fos nothing but a scam
    Think not what MSE.com can do for you but what you can do for MSE
  • elvis_girl
    elvis_girl Posts: 244 Forumite
    Just be aware that if you have set up the continuous authority on your credit card, getting a new card number will not help in this situation. The old number is linked to the new one, so a continuous authority debit is transferred.

Even trying to close the credit card account doesn't solve the problem. You can still be charged.
    I think there should be a thread for this on its own!
  • crocker
    crocker Posts: 220 Forumite
    Check for Emails from Shoppers discounts and also your bank accounts to see if you are being charged £8 per month without your full understanding of what is happening.

The Emails from shoppers discount are long but you will find it includes a notification you are being deducted £8 month direct from your account until you cancel your 'membership'

You can cancel and ask for refund by phoning the 0808 number included in their Email.

Target "save £10..." sites have included EasyJet.Interflora,National Express and others

When you receive an Email from Shoppers Discount you probably think its one of those spammers and its so long you might not bother to read it.
    Think not what MSE.com can do for you but what you can do for MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport