We've changed the name of this board from 'Greenfingered MoneySaving' to simply 'Gardening'. This is to help make it easier to find for the horticulturally inclined. The URL remains unchanged for the time being, so all links to the board are unaffected.

Daydream thread continues.....

Comments

• alfie_1 wrote: »
    please tell me i wasnt the only one to "look up" the HOGWEED BONKING BEATLE.....:o:o

Looks like it:rotfl::p:p

anyway... I just seen 'Miss Diane' on Coronation Street:j

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Work to live= not live to work
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    dave..........love YOUR wheelbarrow, knew youde find your inner female side ;) :rotfl::rotfl:

please dont tell us unconvincingly that it "is the wives"....yeh yeh yeh :D

But it's been around since 2010 and it appears regularly in my piccies. It was DW's birthday present......:o You can still get them in Mole Valley Farmers. It's actually very good for most things that don't involve throwing bricks into it. :)

MY wheelbarrow is in England colours from the last World Cup. As soon as we were eliminated, I whizzed down to B&Q, where they had dozens, all reduced to £16.50. :D:D:D Wish I'd had four of them!

No you are not the only person to look up 'Hogweed Bonking Beetle,' but I did it by accident....:cool:
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Looks like it:rotfl::p:p

anyway... I just seen 'Miss Diane' on Coronation Street:j

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

name rings a bell, whilst i was sitting in my pram....;) :rotfl::rotfl:

what about ...was it amy turtle ??
  • alfie_1
    alfie_1 Posts: 5,837 Forumite
    First Post
    Davesnave wrote: »
    But it's been around since 2010 and it appears regularly in my piccies. It was DW's birthday present......:o You can still get them in Mole Valley Farmers. It's actually very good for most things that don't involve throwing bricks into it. :)

MY wheelbarrow is in England colours from the last World Cup. As soon as we were eliminated, I whizzed down to B&Q, where they had dozens, all reduced to £16.50. :D:D:D Wish I'd had four of them!

No you are not the only person to look up 'Hogweed Bonking Beetle,' but I did it by accident....:cool:

yeh yeh ...thats like the sign in the back of a pink porsche saying "my other cars a BMW " ............:D :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • 'Miss Diane was Beny's friend in crossroads:cool::rotfl::rotfl:

We have booked the first pig in:cool::o so he will be going on his on returnable holidays on the 30th October ( hubby's birthday)

putting a sign up on the pig paddock once the sign writer makes them for us, advertising half a pig. jointed for £4.50 a kg

only booked the one in,

need to get my head round ordering metal ear tags with our herd no on, and a slap marking kit..

Been good yesturday, listed items on the bay for work and private, def going to ( well because I have to to get money in) list things every day...

Not so cold last night...

Davesnave those shark fin things look great.... Can I be cheeky and scrounge some seeds off you please:cool::p
    I must admit, I am looking at things I can grow to feed next years pigs... to keep the costs down. Going to grow things that give high yields so.

They love the runner beans that have gone to stringy and coarse... They love brocoli, havent tried them with courgettes, ( as the bl00dy horses that used to get out from the field ate ours, and all my brussel sprout plants:mad:)but I should imagine they will eat them...

Put a few jap knot weed in for them last week, it was sooooooooo funny watching them run around with it in their mouth..lol... they ate a bit of it, but I think it might have been to coarse for them, so when the new shoots come through in the spring will just keep cutting it and throw it in for them..

right better get off my butt and go to work..
  • rhiwfield
    rhiwfield Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    Just thinking about your pig food. Recall watching Jean de Florette where the lead actor grew squashes to feed rabbits. If only the drought didnt happen :(

Just thinking out load to the pig owners out there, what kind of native tree foliage (if any) is edible unprocessed. Just wondering how easy it would be to use all your spring/summer foliage that comes free?

Turned out that my shoulder had capsulitis which I really wouldnt wish on anyone. Waiting to see whether the steroid injections have a beneficial impact, fingers crossed it seems a little less painful.

CTC, re the antique dress buttons all the loops are there, its just that there are 5 separate clips. I think the clips may be 9 carat gold and the loop shields at the button back maybe 18 carat gold (see the listing, v shiny!). Somehow I dont think the gold content matters too much, I'm hoping that they will fly, already got the starting bid.

Itsme, Heddons Mouth looks incredible, one to visit next time we come!
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    rhiwfield wrote: »
    Just thinking out load to the pig owners out there, what kind of native tree foliage (if any) is edible unprocessed. Just wondering how easy it would be to use all your spring/summer foliage that comes free?

Not sure about pigs but know that cattle and sheep like lime and oak. Oak is sort of pollarded in some Balkan countries and dried then the whole branch fed to livestock in the winter.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • Rhiw... well done on getting a bid on the buttons... Will go and watch then...

As I really do need to find out more about buttons... I bet I will be way off the mark with them:o
  • ukmaggie45
    ukmaggie45 Posts: 2,968 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Verity is on the news now! Revolting thing! I'm glad the seabirds will carp all over it! LOL
  • pink_poppy
    pink_poppy Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I liked the comment from one resident about there being enough pregnant women in the town already & they didn't need any more!! :rotfl:
    'A watched potato will never chit'...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport