Dental treatments on the NHS for job seekers?

Comments

• desi_uk wrote: »
    Hi i was just wondering if someone who is not claiming job seekers allowance but just doing the job seekers bit everyweek still entitled to a reduced price on dental treatments on the NHS?

Thankyou

Hi, I also sign on to Jobseekers but am not entitled to any money due to savings, but DO get my NI contributions paid. As I am Jobseeking, I AM entitled to free NHS dental care for common treatments ( not cosmetic stuff) as are you. Just tell the receptionist at your NHS dentist you are a Jobseeker, provide proof and they will do the rest.

Hope this helps.
  • alison999
    alison999 Posts: 1,769 Forumite
    Hi, I also sign on to Jobseekers but am not entitled to any money due to savings, but DO get my NI contributions paid. As I am Jobseeking, I AM entitled to free NHS dental care for common treatments ( not cosmetic stuff) as are you. Just tell the receptionist at your NHS dentist you are a Jobseeker, provide proof and they will do the rest.

Hope this helps.

it depends if its income based OR contribution based. you should have a book to take with you as proof. if you are entitled to free nhs treatment then you are entitled to all treatments available on the nhs.
  • desi_uk
    desi_uk Posts: 11 Forumite

Hope this helps.
    oh wow thats music to my ears

so fillings doesnt come under cosmetics?

what proof would i need to provide?

thanks
  • desi_uk
    alison999 wrote: »
    it depends if its income based OR contribution based. you should have a book to take with you as proof. if you are entitled to free nhs treatment then you are entitled to all treatments available on the nhs.
    whats the difference between income based and contribution based, so if you are entitled to free dental care you will have some kind of book?
  • LittleVoice
    LittleVoice Posts: 8,975
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I believe you will find you are entitled to free NHS dental treatment if you are on Income-Based JSA, not simply signing on without JSA or getting Contribution-Based JSA. So the proof you need is that you receive IB JSA.
  • alison999
    I believe you will find you are entitled to free NHS dental treatment if you are on Income-Based JSA, not simply signing on without JSA or getting Contribution-Based JSA. So the proof you need is that you receive IB JSA.

Most people have a book, or a letter.
  • desi_uk
    what is income based jsa?
  • alison999
    desi_uk wrote: »
    oh wow thats music to my ears

so fillings doesnt come under cosmetics?

what proof would i need to provide?

thanks

you wouldnt be able to have white fillings on back teeth or anything else thats classed as cosmetic. in other words, you can have the treatment that you need, not the treatment that you neccessarily (sp?) want
  • desi_uk
    so does the job centre decide wether you are income based etc sorry im new to all this
  • desi_uk
    alison999 wrote: »
    you wouldnt be able to have white fillings on back teeth or anything else thats classed as cosmetic. in other words, you can have the treatment that you need, not the treatment that you neccessarily (sp?) want
    fillings are treatments that you need if you have a few small holes in your teeth?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure