New Prudential letter payout re Scottish Amicable

I've just received a letter titled "We Need to Pay You Some More Money" from Prudential relating to a Scot Am endowment I had in late nineties which was switched to a normal mortgage when it was revealed the policy wouldn't have proved effective.
"During a recent review, we found that we paid you less than we should have when this plan was claimed"
The 'sum payable' is just over £44. This seems a very small amount. Now I don't particularly trust ANY of these financial organisations to do anything other than pay the absolute minimum they can get away with, so has anyone received similar and is the amount a standard kind of amount relating to these new letters that are being received?

Comments

• beelzebomb wrote: »
    The 'sum payable' is just over £44. This seems a very small amount.
    This is just an additional sum, you've already been paid the rest in the past. Just enjoy the windfall.
  • Did this letter just come out of the blue or were you asked to provide some information first?
  • Out of the blue - it just happened to coincide with me being in the right frame of mind/looking at potential reclaiming following a friends £18,000 PPI reclaim windfall!
  • I was only asking as my husband had a letter from the prudential back in July asking for all his old addresses as they were reviewing an old Scot Am policy he had years ago. As yet, 10 weeks later ! we've heard nothing!
  • Bearsy wrote: »
    I was only asking as my husband had a letter from the prudential back in July asking for all his old addresses as they were reviewing an old Scot Am policy he had years ago. As yet, 10 weeks later ! we've heard nothing!
    You'll only ever hear anything if you are being refunded.
    However, nothing to stop you enquiring of the Bank if the review is still ongoing.
  • They are very tight lipped but have indicated we should get a response within 10 weeks and that the reference fence number on the letter indicates there's been some miscalculationor anomaly with the policy
  • Hi Bearsy,

I wondered if you had heard from Prudential regarding this thread? I too have received a letter asking me to confirm information such as previous adresses regarding an old endowment policy and I'm skeptical
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,357 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Why are you sceptical?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure