Comments

• sleepymans
    sleepymans Posts: 902 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 March 2015 at 3:52PM
    Options
    Merlin139 wrote: »
    Congrats on joining the PV owners club.smiley-cool05.gif

Where in this lovely country are your panels installed?

Which way are they facing?

Not sure if you are aware, when they get dirty you can turn them over and use the otherside! smiley-laughing025.gif

It also helps to even out the wear on them! smiley-laughing021.gif

Ps: I hope its a long time before you qualify for the dreaded Spoon! smiley-whacky017.gif

He he...Thanks Merlin!

I am in Rossendale and my roof is (I think) south facing with a 30deg pitch?? I'm not 100% sure and as I have already demonstrated, I am not the most technically minded person!

I have got a Geo thingy to keep me amused looking at the orangey segments, though:)

I will also try to get some training in solar panel maintenance so I can get up on the roof later to ensure they get the even wear you describe:rotfl:

I find Youtube tutorials are usually very helpful for house/car maintenance!:rotfl:

Regards
    Sleepy
    :A Goddess :A
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    See Leggo's panels managed to push out 32kW for a brief moment in time WOW!!!!:eek::eek::eek::rotfl:

Perhaps Merlin was visiting for a cup of tea, and cast his spell?

Mart.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW)

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    See Leggo's panels managed to push out 32kW for a brief moment in time WOW!!!!:eek::eek::eek::rotfl:

Had 3 or 4 spurious readings over the last few days:eek:

Did you also notice I was generating 1.12kWw at 05.00 this morning?:rotfl:

Spoke to Josh and he's gonna investigate:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Sterlingtimes Posts: 2,403 Forumite
    Options
    Quotations from: Diydykoto web site:

To check the version:
    1- Press and hold the button on Wattson for 5 seconds. It will say "Good Bye" then it will switch off, but keep o pressing till you get "Settings" on the screen.
    2- On Setting the first category you will get is "Lang" (Languages). Tilt the Wattson to the back twice till you get "About"
    3-

Thank you, Oscar, for your advice.

I presume that the Wattson transmitter operates independently of the Wattson meter software. I mean by this that the software in the transmitter does not update.

Anyway, for now the Wattson is stuck to the wall and cannot be tilted.

So about 15 minutes ago readings for cumulative daily generation were:

Enlighten 5.95 kWh
    Holmes 7.43 kWh
    Wattson Anywhere 7.26 kWh

So the two higher readings are near enough consistent. But 20% above the Enlighten. I presume that the Enlighten figure will be correct.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • countryman_2
    Options
    . 3.21 O's today :)

Welcome aboard Sleepymans. This is a good place to compare your new installation against others both locally and nationally to see that everything is functioning as it should.
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
  • Andy_WSM
    Andy_WSM Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Oh dear. A pityful 0.75 O's (2.93 kWh) and a half an inch of rain.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    I am still generating a few watt hours but the close looks like 6,640 / 3,780 = 1.76 Os. The morning was vile, so most of today's generation can in the afternoon.
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • cool_techie
    cool_techie Posts: 100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 March 2015 at 7:28PM
    Options
    Hello folks,

Just had my PV system installed yesterday.

3.84kW capacity - 16 poly panels facing SE with SMA 4000TL inverter and Geo II Monitor. Based in Milton Keynes.

A total of 7.415kW today. O = 1.931. The generation meter shows a figure of 9 (it was at 1 yesterday).

Noticed a few things:
    1. The bulk of generation was between 8AM and 12 noon.
    2. Started tapering from 2:30PM onwards.
    3. From 3:30PM, generation was in double digits only

Hopefully, these observations do not indicate anything wrong with the system installed.????

Looks like I have to wait for longer days to get to any respectable figures.

Thanks & Regards,
    CT
    12.71kW PV system - 33 panels of JA solar JAM60S20-385/MR facing S-E(18) / N-W (15) with Growatt SPH-6000 and Growatt MIN 6000TL-X inverters, 4 ML33RTA 3.3kWh batteries, Shinephone monitor app and Solar iBoost+. All in the historic, grand old city of Milton Keynes.

3.84kW PV system - 16 panels of Sharp ND-R240A2 facing SE with SMA 4000TL inverter, Geo II monitor and Solar iBoost. All in the historic, grand old city of Milton Keynes.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    sleepymans wrote: »
    He he...Thanks Merlin!

I am in Rossendale and my roof is (I think) south facing with a 30deg pitch?? I'm not ...

Hello, Sleepy.

It is helpful to put your approximate location into your signature so that we can compare note.

Regards, Sterling
  • Neil_C_2
    Options
    Hi there

I've just joined the forum to compare my solar readings against others. I'm located in Stockport

My Wattson anywhere
    wattson dot energyhive dot com slash dashboard slash neilc
    (I cant post links a I'm a new user)
    I have 9 Sunpower panels and a Samil inverter. The panels are located on my SW and SE roof.
    I generated 2.33Kwh today, so a measly 0.78Os. It was throwing it down though!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback