NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 January 2018 at 12:22PM
    Options
    Thank you. I might try that. I'm not after any overdraft so that's not a problem.

Good idea but you need to be sure the mortgage is not in joint names. If it is then you would be unintentionally fabricated the truth that you have zero mortgage payments because you are equally liable for the debt. Whether the partner pays it himself is beside the point if in joint names.

Hopefully its only in his name so no issues.
  • copperclock
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Good idea but you need to be sure the mortgage is not in joint names. If it is then you would be unintentionally fabricated the truth that you have zero mortgage payments because you are equally liable for the debt. Whether the partner pays it himself is beside the point if in joint names.

Hopefully its only in his name so no issues.

Yeah, good point. The mortgage is a joint one.

Just to clarify: we're married, so my partner doesn't pay for things 'himself', we pay for things from our family income.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are you saying you received a confirmation email > 2 hours after successful application?
    Yes, I'm pretty sure that's the case.
    Closed the NatWest window then logged on here straightaway.
    Then went back to log onto e-mails, and there was one from NatWest
    Then came back on the forum .

(However I used to bank with NW- still at same address etc so maybe that's a pertinent issue)
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah, good point. The mortgage is a joint one.

Just to clarify: we're married, so my partner doesn't pay for things 'himself', we pay for things from our family income.

I don't want to start a fight here but
    My income is £0 and my mortgage is £1100pm. My husband is the sole earner in our household.

Bottom line he pays for things whether you call it family income or some other fancy name.

Back to topic.

IMHO the bank will not even bother to check if you'r joint or not.:eek:

They just want more customers that they can then sell direct to.
    It's all a marketing ploy :rotfl:

However if you're that timid then don't apply.
  • noh
    noh Posts: 5,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OK great, e-mails for new customers but not for us existing ones then, oh well :p Just pleased to have an offer I can take up easily.

As an existing customer I applied for the switch yesterday. I haven't used the Nat West account for years and don't have an active debit card.
    I received a text today asking me to call the switching team.
    The call was answered immediately after going through the options gave him the info he needed and the switch process was actioned.

The number for the switching team is 0345 3004189 if you want to get in touch with them.
  • copperclock
    Options
    blindman wrote: »
    I don't want to start a fight here but

Bottom line he pays for things whether you call it family income or some other fancy name.

Back to topic.

IMHO the bank will not even bother to check if you'r joint or not.:eek:

They just want more customers that they can then sell direct to.
    It's all a marketing ploy :rotfl:

However if you're that timid then don't apply.

I understand that when applying for credit, banks accounts, etc it's down to individual income. That's a separate thing. But in a legal and moral sense, the money of the household belongs to both of us, regardless of who earned it.
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So, after speaking to the bank last night and being told I had to sign the forms, I recieve a text and an email asking me to upload documents
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I understand that when applying for credit, banks accounts, etc it's down to individual income. That's a separate thing. But in a legal and moral sense, the money of the household belongs to both of us, regardless of who earned it.

Does your husbands pay go into a joint account from which all bills are paid?

If so maybe you could argue that he gives you his entire pay, therefore that is your income. Not sure how legal that would be mind...
  • copperclock
    Options
    harz99 wrote: »
    Does your husbands pay go into a joint account from which all bills are paid?

If so maybe you could argue that he gives you his entire pay, therefore that is your income. Not sure how legal that would be mind...

Don't be so silly! It's just joint money. We both own it. If we were to divorce all the household assets would have a starting point of 50/50, regardless of who earned it. That's because we are one unit. That's also how my husband sees it.

Anyway, I have gone ahead and applied for the account on the basis that my income is £140pm (child benefit) and my mortgage is £1125.

The application has been successful, but obviously no overdraft (I wouldn't have wanted one anyway).
  • CavendishWobble
    Options
    Applied yesterday after B account payed in and the process has started!

I wouldnt expect NatWest to have purposely timed this offer to coincide with the B accounts being paid as this would attract those wishing to switch straight away and hence alot of switches they would not keep for that long.
    Save £12k in 2020 = £4,074.62/£15,000 (27.2%) #89
    Save £12k in 2019 = £13,580.52/£15,000 (90.5%) #92
    Save £12k in 2018 = £17,189.12/£15,000 (115%) #36
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills