Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Options

Comments

• Veggyplotter
    Options
    Transferred as part of Energy Club initiative. Had to phone with opening reads as on-line "wasn't working". Subsequently having difficulty getting final bill from old supplier - EDF who say that Green Star haven't sent the reads. Contacted Green Star who said -
    "Please be advised that there is currently an issue within the Industry which is affecting all energy providers. This issue is causing a delay in opening readings being sent to previous suppliers."
    Surprised this hasn't been in the press.... but then again it's probably bobbins.
    I'm sure it'll all get sorted out sooner or later but it can't be that difficult.
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Green_Star_Energy Posts: 59 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Transferred as part of Energy Club initiative. Had to phone with opening reads as on-line "wasn't working". Subsequently having difficulty getting final bill from old supplier - EDF who say that Green Star haven't sent the reads. Contacted Green Star who said -
    "Please be advised that there is currently an issue within the Industry which is affecting all energy providers. This issue is causing a delay in opening readings being sent to previous suppliers."
    Surprised this hasn't been in the press.... but then again it's probably bobbins.
    I'm sure it'll all get sorted out sooner or later but it can't be that difficult.

Hi Veggieplotter
    Apologies for the issues experienced. There has indeed been a gas network update, known as 'Project Nexus', which has meant that there has been a delay in reads being exchanged. If your reads issue remains unresolved, please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com and we can investigate further.

thanks
    Steve
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • loobers
    Options
    Hi Steve thank you for your reply. I have emailed Green Star Energy using the address given but I have not yet received a reply. I'd be grateful if you could look into this for me.
  • deejay1001
    deejay1001 Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2017 at 7:28AM
    Options
    Had e-mail re inability to enter readings, about six weeks after originaly raising the issue, partial contents below:

Unfortunately your electricity opening reading was estimated and we do not currently have an opening gas reading on the account.

The above despite supplying both my gas and electricity readings over the phone.

And:

To amend this we will need to do an agreed reads process, in which we take 2 sets of up to date readings a week apart, in order to generate an accurate opening reading.

We would recommend contacting our customer service line on 0800 012 45 10 to submit these readings so we can get this resolved as quickly as possible for you.

They were supplied accurate starting meter reads over the phone about six weeks ago plus my previous supplier informs me that they have recieved transfer meter reads from Green Star. So they are able to send readings to my previous supplier but tell me that they don't have accurate readings!
    I do not understand how sending them two sets of readings readings a week apart now will enable them to generate accurate start readings dating back to mid June.

I am posting this here in the hope the above points can be explained to me, I've found it a waste of time trying to e-mail Green Star as it has taken over six weeks to get a reply. Don't trust them to get it right if I phone my readings in as this has been tried before with my start readings which bear no similarity to what has been entered on their website.

• SparksAlive
    Options
    I've recently joined Green Star as part of the MSE switching deal. Not great so far - they didn't send my meter reads to my old supplier, despite me sending them in plenty of time. This appears to be a problem several people have had with them. Luckily I was doing weekly meter readings beforehand anyway so my estimated final bill from my old supplier was close to accurate, but it's still frustrating.

For the first month I couldn't submit readings online with Green Star at all. When I called, they said my meter wasn't set up, which didn't make a lot of sense. This is now working, but I'm now having an issue trying to submit a gas reading. My energy reading went through fine using the online dashboard, but the gas one says 'No rolling AQ for MPRN 4017702208 on 23-05-17' when I try to submit the new reading. Not sure why this is happening and I can't call anyone because it's the weekend!

Bit disappointed so far - if I'd realised their customer service was office hours only I would have reconsidered. It's pretty limiting. I've posted on their facebook page but no reply yet.
  • spud17
    spud17 Posts: 4,394 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Popped back to see if things have improved. :(
    Sorry to see so many still disgruntled switchers.
    Over the last few years I've become used to giving monthly readings.
    I thought that now my account seems to be working I'd submit some readings on 1st July.
    Readings submitted ok, (I have also found that I have to disable uBlock origin adblocker to use Waterfox.)

4 or 5 days after giving the reading and having email confirmation, I had a message left on my landline asking for me to submit up to date readings.
    Needless to say I didn't bother.
    Move along, nothing to see.
  • loobers
    Options
    Hi Loobers
    I am sorry for this situation, and the difficulties supplying meter reads. This was an unfortunate side effect of the Industry wide Project Nexus. Your old supplier should be able to stop claiming your Direct Debit in the knowledge that you have left their supply.
    If this continues to be unresolved, please email mse@mygreenstarenergy,com, and we can follow up for you.
    Thanks
    Steve

Hi Steve I have e mailed (12th July) as per your reply as the situation is still unresolved but I have not received a reply. I'd be grateful if you could check if my e mail has been received. Thank you
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    loobers wrote: »
    Hi Steve I have e mailed (12th July) as per your reply as the situation is still unresolved but I have not received a reply. I'd be grateful if you could check if my e mail has been received. Thank you

Hi Loobers
    All emails received on 12th have been responded to. if you are yet to receive a response, please resend your email marked for my attention, and i will ensure that it is picked up.

Thanks
    Steve
    I am the official company representative of Green Star Energy. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    spud17 wrote: »
    Popped back to see if things have improved. :(
    Sorry to see so many still disgruntled switchers.
    Over the last few years I've become used to giving monthly readings.
    I thought that now my account seems to be working I'd submit some readings on 1st July.
    Readings submitted ok, (I have also found that I have to disable uBlock origin adblocker to use Waterfox.)

4 or 5 days after giving the reading and having email confirmation, I had a message left on my landline asking for me to submit up to date readings.
    Needless to say I didn't bother.

Hi Spud
    Thank you for the reads that you have provided directly to Green Star.
    We do have meter readers that work on our behalf, and they will try to obtain readings at least twice a year. Occasionally, they will try to call for these readings, so this may be what has happened in this instance. They will not coincide with our billing, and are in addition to the reads you provide. If you choose not to return the call as you have provided readings, this is absolutely fine.
    thanks
    Steve
  • Green_Star_Energy
    Options
    I've recently joined Green Star as part of the MSE switching deal. Not great so far - they didn't send my meter reads to my old supplier, despite me sending them in plenty of time. This appears to be a problem several people have had with them. Luckily I was doing weekly meter readings beforehand anyway so my estimated final bill from my old supplier was close to accurate, but it's still frustrating.

For the first month I couldn't submit readings online with Green Star at all. When I called, they said my meter wasn't set up, which didn't make a lot of sense. This is now working, but I'm now having an issue trying to submit a gas reading. My energy reading went through fine using the online dashboard, but the gas one says 'No rolling AQ for MPRN 4017702208 on 23-05-17' when I try to submit the new reading. Not sure why this is happening and I can't call anyone because it's the weekend!

Bit disappointed so far - if I'd realised their customer service was office hours only I would have reconsidered. It's pretty limiting. I've posted on their facebook page but no reply yet.

Hi Sparksalive
    sorry for the issues experienced, i trust that you have had a response from your facebook post.
    The error seems to be linked to the wider industry issues previously mentioned.
    If you continue to experience issues, please email mse@mygreenstarenergy.com.
    thanks
    Steve
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback