An update on me

Ok so as on another thread in past few months had neighbour get new puppy for christmas and lie about it, 2 parties with dozens of people in property at one time for hours screaming, drinking, running about on laminate, and threaten me when I said I was being kept awake.

Sleep apnea diagnosed and mask given but it makes me feel depressed and moody.

And more recently at half term was started on by a group of 20-40 teenagers as I witnessed multiple ones drinking alcohol and stealing food and drink from fast food place and two of them swore at me and called me the r word, a p word for adults who like children in a a certain way, threaten to beat me up so I stood up to them and they kept running off whilst hurling more abuse.

That escalated on Sunday when a group of them were hammering on window at the fast food place and shouting about and making sexual and obscene gestures so I walked out and told them if they were anything but all talk and no trousers I was willing to fight them, they of course kept backing off and trying to surround me, one spat on me, one tried kicking me but I was too quick for him, another elbowed me in back and so I called police on them,

Also found out from the fast food place their hammering had smashed the window!

Anyway good thing though is that the police contacted social work and now im getting social work support, not sure what it will entail but said its to help me with social situations as I told them I feel isolated at home.

Comments

• Detroit
    Detroit Posts: 790 Forumite
    You did the right thing calling the police. Hopefully social services can help you too.

If you see them again it's better to go back to the police rather than engage with them or argue or threaten them. That way you stay in the right and know you're the better person.

Put your hands up.
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It is a terrible idea to walk out and threaten to fight a group of teenagers. You dont know who has got a knife or weapon

You should call the police. and stay indoors
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Wondering what the "r" word is.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I would of ignored it this time but what had happened was as they were passing they kept thumping the windows with both hands, ignored them but they took 5 minutes to leave, then came back and another 5 minutes and followed me from outside to other end of the store (I walked to leave anyway and they walked to door to continue the abuse) I couldn't get past them without shouting.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    z1a wrote: »
    Wondering what the "r" word is.

An offensive word that used to be used to describe people with learning or cognitive disabilities, I expect.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    dekaspace wrote: »
    I would of ignored it this time but what had happened was as they were passing they kept thumping the windows with both hands, ignored them but they took 5 minutes to leave, then came back and another 5 minutes and followed me from outside to other end of the store (I walked to leave anyway and they walked to door to continue the abuse) I couldn't get past them without shouting.

Ska lover is right, people have been killed after confronting aggressive people. Its not worth your life, stay where you and call the police if you are being threatened.

I'm glad you're getting some support from social care. I hope it helps you with some coping skills.
  • miriamac
    miriamac Posts: 2,175
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    An offensive word that used to be used to describe people with learning or cognitive disabilities, I expect.

Ah! I was thinking 'roaster' - but your thought makes more sense.

OP, I agree with the other posters - it's best to avoid those kind of confrontations for your own safety. I'm glad you're getting support.
    What would Buzz do?

I used to be Snow White - but I drifted.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite

Yep, that'll be it, was trying to think of an offensive term beginning with "R". Couldn't think of anything.
  • mattpaint
    mattpaint Posts: 294 Forumite
    What on earth made you go outside of a fast food place and threaten to assault a group of 40 children? Because that's what you did, legally speaking. For heaven's sake, drop the hero act and call the police if it happens again. They are there to deal with situations like these - not you.
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    mattpaint wrote: »
    What on earth made you go outside of a fast food place and threaten to assault a group of 40 children? Because that's what you did, legally speaking. For heaven's sake, drop the hero act and call the police if it happens again. They are there to deal with situations like these - not you.

Both times they threatened me first, the first time at half term they threatened to do me in, picked a chair and threatened to hit me with it one tried slapping back of head, one attempted to throw a drink over me etc.

This time they blocked the doorway and I couldnt get out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure