My Supermarket App for Android and Apple

Hi

I came across the my supermarket app and absolutely love it. Just curious to see if any other make use of it and does it help?

Available for both Apple and Android. You can scan bar codes or search for items, and it will compare all major UK Supermarkets and tell you the price comparison as well as keep you alerted on your favourite items.

When you slowly build up your favourite and regular shopping orders. it can then do an instant compare across the supermarkets, can suggest equivalent products as well.

I have used many of these apps before but have always uninstalled them as I found often they provide poor results, are not up to date whereas this is the first one which is updated regularly and actual works rather well.

Link to download for iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/mysuperlist-grocery-shopping/id640504087?mt=8
Link to download on Play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysupermarket.mysuperlist&referrer=mat_click_id%3D5804eec532acc5ce2f-20140729-6202%26utm_medium%3DMAT%26utm_source%3DMAT%2BmySupermarket.co.uk%26utm_campaign%3DMAT%2BmySuperList%2B-%2BAndroid

if anyone knows of a better app I am keen to know, if you could share it would be really helpful. IMO this is so far the best comparison app....

Thanks

Comments

• DPJames
    DPJames Posts: 999 Forumite
    I hate this app, and find it a lot easier just logging in and using the actual Mysupermarket site.
  • AnnieO1234
    AnnieO1234 Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    I prefer the app than the website to be honest, especially for actual shopping! I just find it more user friendly xxx
  • DPJames wrote: »
    I hate this app, and find it a lot easier just logging in and using the actual Mysupermarket site.

totally agree with you.
  • terra_ferma
    terra_ferma Posts: 5,484 Forumite
    I don't like it, I prefer the website (which unfortunately doesn't work well on my tablet or mobile).
    It's fiddly if you want to compare prices across different supermarkets (e.g. I'm at S's and want to compare their jam with Waitrose's and their olive oil with Asda's).
  • dutchcloggie
    dutchcloggie Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 August 2014 at 4:47PM
    I find mySupermarket very confusing full-stop. I just want to put in the item and then a list of the prices in various supermarkets. But on this site, I need to select a home supermarket and I need to put it in my basket before it will show me what the item will cost elsewhere. I will still need to keep a separate note of which items in my basket cost what in which supermarket.

I just want to type in my shopping list, click Compare and then a list appears with each item cost shown per supermarket. That does not need a "home supermarket" to be selected first. Doing it that way means I have to pick a supermarket first and compare against my choice. What I want is to put the item in and then be shown which supermarket is the cheapest for that item. I don't want have to create a shopping list and compare all the items on the list.

Or am I using it wrong?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I find the website easier than the phone app, accessing the website via my tablet was just annoying, I gave up sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure