PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• Dragon, big hugs. I've been MIA and haven't caught up on the 50+ pages i've missed but whatever it is, sending you be-strong-wishes.

Not looking good here either - i have been suffering with extra hungry pangs for the last 2 weeks and i can feels the pounds piling back on! Back to a neutral position.

So goal for this week is to get to the gym at least twice.

Anyone free to give me a boot?
  • I think I need to join you all.

I can't do diets, won't do diets and enjoy home cooking too much. I'm a stickler for pudding and custard so this really will be interesting to see if I can shift my weight but still home cook and not deprive myself of anything.

It's a 2 prong plan:

move!
    side plate portions.

Also I'll be eating a potato at bedtime as per Potatoes Not Prozac. I'm finding it helps my serotonin levels.
    NOvember Challenge #33: shopping £35/£180 ~ NSD's 0/25 ~ blips £0
    :rudolf:OS Weightloss Christmas Challenge: 0lbs/5lbs
    Mortgage Deposit Fund: £22.35
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,468 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 October 2012 at 5:49PM
    Hi All

Trying hard to be really good today, I have signed myself up for the grocery challenge again after quite a long absence so not only am I trying to get my body in shape but also my bank balance. Unfortunately exercise has been given a miss as I have been sitting most of the afternoon at the computer updating spreadsheets and getting some ideas from the £7.00 a week thread.

Anyway todays menu =
    B – Dry-fried Egg in a roll
    L – Butternut Squash Soup, Toast
    D – Fish Fingers (don’t you just crave these sometimes :o) Brussels Sprouts, Carrots & Sweetcorn
    S – Fresh Pineapple

I am trying out having a bigger breakfast to hopefully stop me feeling so hungry during the day thus (hopefully) avoiding snacks

I never quite understand how my body works regarding breakfast. When I worked full time I found the days I didn't have time for breakfast other than a couple of cups of coffee I could last until lunchtime before getting really hungry, but now some mornings I waken up ravenous, have breakfast and then am starting to get hungry again by 11.30, what the......:eek: :eek:
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    Dragon, big hugs. I've been MIA and haven't caught up on the 50+ pages i've missed but whatever it is, sending you be-strong-wishes.

Not looking good here either - i have been suffering with extra hungry pangs for the last 2 weeks and i can feels the pounds piling back on! Back to a neutral position.

So goal for this week is to get to the gym at least twice.

Anyone free to give me a boot?

Dragon carefully puts a boot on a front leg, swings back and ....... :eek:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • The_Dragon
    The_Dragon Posts: 9,749 Forumite
    I think I need to join you all.

I can't do diets, won't do diets and enjoy home cooking too much. I'm a stickler for pudding and custard so this really will be interesting to see if I can shift my weight but still home cook and not deprive myself of anything.

It's a 2 prong plan:

move!
    side plate portions.

Also I'll be eating a potato at bedtime as per Potatoes Not Prozac. I'm finding it helps my serotonin levels.

Ah I am guessing you don't want to join in the Christmas Weight Loss Challenge then :p
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and good with catsup :D
    NSD 15/20, OS WL 21-6 (4) :(C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z #44 Twisted Firestarter, VSP #57 - £39.43
    :p Every Penny's a Prisoner :p
  • bettycrumble
    bettycrumble Posts: 45 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2012 at 6:42PM
    Oh yes please dragon, I'd love to join. I'd best read back. :D

edited. I can't find the rules. I shall guess ;)

I would like to loose 5lbs for Christmas.

What day do you weigh in?
    NOvember Challenge #33: shopping £35/£180 ~ NSD's 0/25 ~ blips £0
    :rudolf:OS Weightloss Christmas Challenge: 0lbs/5lbs
    Mortgage Deposit Fund: £22.35
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Oh yes please dragon, I'd love to join. I'd best read back. :D

edited. I can't find the rules. I shall guess ;)

I would like to loose 5lbs for Christmas.

What day do you weigh in?

Hi!! What a great username you have :) Weigh in is Friday

Need2B- i know what you mean re breakfast at a weekend i eat nothing until about half 10 and im fine, on a week day when I have breakfast around half 7 some days im hungry again at half 9 :eek:
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,874 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Molly41 wrote: »
    The more the merrier Coxy :T:T:T

We are currently doing a Christmas challenge:santa2::santa2::santa2:

The Dragon is our esteemed leader. She collates all the losses, STS (very important) and gains each week. We generally weigh-in on a Friday but it could be Saturday or any day really. If you have a think about a realistic weight loss between now and Christmas - I think it is about 8 weeks :eek::eek::eek:

We mark our goals in red and weigh-ins too.

We are a very friendly bunch:j:j:j
    Thanks for the welcome, I'd like to go for 5lbs off by Christmas (baby steps :o)
    sparrer wrote: »
    Morning all, welcome Coxy :)
    (I have a Coxes espalier on my garden wall, it grows the biggest eating apples I've ever seen, more like Bramleys. Bet you're nowhere near as fat and round as my Coxes!)

Don't bank on it :rotfl:

Had a good(ish) day today:

B - micro porridge (cinamon flavour - smelt more cinamon-ny than it tasted :(), SS milk
    S - 1 x pink and white, 1 apple
    L - He!nz mulligatawny soup
    S - bag of crisps (gave blood and had to have a snack at the clinic ;))
    D - beef casserole, lots of carrot, swede, celery, leek, sml portion mashed potato (and no dumplings for me :A)

Have a good evening everyone.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    edited 30 October 2012 at 7:44PM
    Hello everyone, :hello:

Apologies for being MIA for the last week; it didn't seem worth trying to keep track while I had little control over my diet.
    Having now arrived at the other end of my journey, it's time to start being a bit stricter again.

Yesterday:
    B - 2 x wm toast, butter, marmite, tea.
    L - Smoked salmon & pringle sandwich.
    D - 3 x tea.
    S - 2 x chocolate euros. :o

Today:
    B - 2 x wm toast, butter, marmite, tea.
    L - 4 x tea (over two hours).
    D - Small baked spud with parmesan, baked onion, baked sausage.
    S - nothing.

Hopefully I'll be able to get out and do some shopping on Friday, though with any luck the rain will let up enough to do a bit of fruit scrumping before then!
  • Sezzagirl
    Sezzagirl Posts: 360 Forumite
    I feel like today has been much better - at least, I've been more in control!

b- cereal, skim milk, oj
    l- salad with tuna and beans from a tin + a bit of feta, rocky bar
    d- pork chop, 1 small potato, ratatuoille
    e- walking the dog - nice longer walk after lunch!

Ms Dragon, good to hear your atos trouble is sorted for now
    Robin, hope the move went well.
    Welcome Coxy and Betty. It's nice here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills