complaints number for the trainline?

Has anyone got a telephone number for the trainline that doesn't connect to a call centre in India? I've been trying to get a refund out of them for over a month - I've written, emailed, phoned and IM'd and always get the same response: 'your refund will be paid in five days'. Well it hasn't been so far and the people at the call centre don't seem to be able to do anything else for me.

There are no functioningnmbers on saynoto870 - my first port of call - and despair is slowly setting in.

Comments

• bigstevex
    bigstevex Posts: 913
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I spent hours and hours and hours on the phone to these idiots about a year ago! I'm sorry to say its a total nightmare to get through to them!
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Write to them again one last time, giving them 14 days to send the money. This is known as a 'letter before action'. Send it Recorded Delivery. In this letter you must also state what you will do if 14 days pass and you still do not have the money... i.e. you will sue them!

This Money Claims Online website should help.

Some sample letters here (you want the last one I think).

Another sample letter here. Google "letter before action" for many more.
  • After 3 years of hassle free booking with the Trainline, when it does go wrong it's big style!
    Fully endorse the frustrations of both the phone and e-mail customer support services which I guess are in India or Asian suc-Continent.
    My ticket did not arrive in time by post and they wouldn't do anything about it over the phone. Bought a replacement at the station. I refuse to phone at 10p per minute to get nowhere with the Call Centre but the e-mail system is no better. They say that as my billing address and accounts address are different they couldn't send the ticket. But they still confirmed the purchased and debited my card account.
    They've also debited me for another ticket I haven't ordered and bizarelly the e-mail address I've used for three years is no longer accepted to log on.
    I'm hanging out for someone in authority and UK based (?) to call me. I've also logged the complaint with Passenger Focus.
    Any further advice?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,432
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    <snip most of it>
    Any further advice?
    Yes.

Re-read post #3.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories