E34 error with my microGENUS HE 24 Boiler

Hi I was wondering if anybody could help me. Ihave the microGENUS HE 24 Combi Boiler for just over 2 years. It has now developed a fault E34. after reading the manual I see it relates to the Air Pressure Switch which seems to be quite easy to replace should it be required. my question is,

Does this the E34 code mean replace the Air Switch or could it be another fault causing this error code.

Also if it is the switch that needs replacing does anybody know where the best place would be to purchase one from.

Regards

Bill

Comments

• Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Hi

I would suggest getting a Corgi in rather than changing parts on a trial and error basis in an area that is Corgi. ie the combustion chamber.There can be other causes of the error.

Corgi Guy.
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
  • mute_posting
    mute_posting Posts: 810 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    billyk wrote: »
    Does this the E34 code mean replace the Air Switch or could it be another fault causing this error code.

In my mind, it could be the switch not operating (at the point it is expected to by the controls) OR that the "pressure" it is looking to see just isn't present in the space the switch is monitoring. (which could mean the switch is Ok but something else is wrong)

As Canucklehead suggests, if you don't know what you're dealing with, get a CORGI approved person into fix.

MP
    :confused: I have a poll / discussion on Economy 7 / 10 off-peak usage (as a % or total) and ways to improve it but I'm not allowed to link to it so have a look on the gas/elec forum if you would like to vote or discuss.:cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure