Free Daily Cashback from sites - Q&A Board

EagerLearner
EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
edited 28 November 2009 at 6:16PM in Debt-free wannabe
SEE MARTIN'S GREAT ARTICLE ON CASHBACK SITES:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-sites-comparison/

Hi all,

After creating my 'Making £3 a day from cashback sites guide' I realised that perhaps those that have been e-mailed it and started to use it would like a Q&A page where we can all talk about the free clicks, what's working and what's not, when payments come in, bonuses and more :beer:

[ Don't have a guide? It's now worth £3.12+ per day! See below and I will e-mail you the official clicking guide for this thread]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
UPDATE NOVEMBER 2009 - 3 easy steps!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Step 1) Cashback Info: You're thinking - what - making free money from clicking? How does it work? How do I start?
An explanation of how this all works is on my blog:
http://savingsnow.blogspot.com/2008/08/free-money-in-your-mouse-yes-really.html
I update the blog regularly so please do become a follower and join in the chat there!
You can ask for a copy of the guide on there too.

Step 2) Get my Official Free Clicking Guide via MSE: Just PM me your e-mail address for a copy of the latest guide to be e-mailed to you. This will contain all the current sites, free daily clicks and sign ups that I am recommending for anyone starting out.
Please forgive any delay in e-mailing it to you as I have full and part time work commitments, but I promise I will.

Step 3) Join us here - Follow the guide instructions and then drop a message on this thread to say hello and join our Clicking Club! You just need to pop a message on here saying hello, how much you would aim to earn from free clicks, and what you will use the free cash towards. Paying off debts? Christmas? A holiday? A special weekend away?

See what others are aiming for and what they plan to spend their on below.

It can sometimes be a bit scary to start clicking, therefore this page would be somewhere to ask questions / double check things etc, so others can learn too. I can assure you though, that once you start you won't look back - I still regret not knowing about the clicks in 2006 or earlier but there you go :o

I think this way we can build a resourceful post that can help people earn lots for the coming year.
With everyone on here following the steps correctly and taking advantage of little offers here and there, we can all build up some nice free cash pots :T

Clicking Club 2009

Lots of people have now joined in - here are some clickers' Aims and Objectives for the free cash they earn in 2009.

Name / Goal for free cash made from clicking:

aspella - Goal: £750 in 2009 / Current: £440.62
AussieBrit- Goal: £1000 in 2009 / Current: £250
Bella2121 - Goal: ???????? / Goal: £60.00/ Current:
Becky99 - Goal: Free Christmas 09 / Current: £124.03
Benemum - Goal: £££ towards c/card / Current: £
Bevan840- Goal: £100 towards Honeymoon /Current:
canesmum- Goal: £5 a month = £60 for 2009 / Current:
CrazyGum- Goal: £300 for 2009 for hospitality at Rangers FC / Current:
Daps - Goal:£150.00/Current: £160+
Debrag - Goal: Free christmas 09 or debt payment Current:
Dilfred- Goal: £100 for Xmas 09/ Current: £15.00
EagerLearner - Goal: Free Christmas 09 / Goal: £350.00 / Current: £287.48
Eloeeze - Goal: extra dosh for hols / Current:
EmptyPurse - Goal: Clothes and shoes for summer Current:
first_faithuk - Goal: Free Christmas 08 Current:
Fortune- Goal:????????/ Current:
Geranium72 - Goal: Reducing heavy debt / Current:
Happy Sausage - Goal: £350.00 towards xmas 09 / Current:
Icanandwillsavemoney - Goal: Free Christmas 09 Current:
Imagia - Goal: MP3 Player and free Xmas 09 Current:
JadeLD- Goal: £100 towards Xmas Food & drink / Current: £7.90
JesaRose - Goal: Anything towards a deposit Current:
jo1981 - Goal: £150 towards Xmas / Current:
Jo41- Goal: To save any money for Xmas / Current:
Kindlesgirl - Goal: £££ towards Xmas / Current: £59.48
Leggsy - Goal: £££ towards paying off car loan / Current: £
LindsayO - Goal: £500 by Xmas / Current:
Linz - Goal: Reduce Mortgage/ Current: £123.80
Lillith1980 - Goal: £200 by Xmas / Current:
Lynneee - Goal: Free Xmas 09 / Current:
Malteaser1988 - Goal: Anything towards savings / Current:
MincePie - Goal: £500 / Current: £465
Marru - Goal: Anything towards filling ISA / Current:
Missvivienne- Goal:Anything towards filling ISA / Current:
Moggygems - Goal: Aiming for free Xmas 09 / Current:
Money Fritter: Goal: £150 towards a long weekend / Current:
Moneymakingmum - Goal: Aiming for £100 / Current:
moreliens- Goal: £50 a quarter / Current:
Mowen81 - Goal: ???????? / Current:
Mrspanda - Goal: renew house insurance for free / Current:
MrsTreacle - Goal: Any extra cash / Current:
Nannychook- Goal: Any extra cash / Current: £70.04
Naomim - Goal: £15 a month / Current:
Nickynoo: Goal: £100 for Debt repayment/ Current: £
Nmjams - Goal: External hard-drive / Current:
Notisis - Goal: Free Xmas 09 / Current:
NPowerUser - Goal: Xmas 09 / Current:
NumptyMonkey - Goal: £500/ Current: £502.94
Nykmedia - Goal: £15 a month / Current:
Paddingtondoo - towards wedding & daughter's Xmas pressies / Current:
P_Larkin99: Goal: £1000 by Xmas 09 (inc purchases) / Current: £220
Persephonna20: Goal: £50 By Xmas 09 / Current:
PinkJen: Goal: Pay off debts/ £100 / Current: £61.28
Pippad - Goal: £500 to spend at Xmas / Current:
P05tcard: Goal: Any extra cash / Current:
Pudge1: Goal: £150 towards gas bill/Current:
R.mac: Goal: £15 a month / Current:
Roxy7699- Goal: £153 by Xmas / Current:
RufusDog - Goal: Money for daughter school trips / Current:
SassySamatha16 - Goal: Towards Summer holiday 09 / Current:
Shazand - Goal: Free Christmas 09 Current:
Silaqui - Goal: £To be debt free by Dec 09 Current: £152
Socks42 - Goal: Spending money re trip to EuroDisney in August / Current:
Sparky0107 - Goal: To have enough to buy a Wii Current:
StinkyBell - Goal: Pay off overdraft (£226.14) / Current:
Strumpet - Goal: £10 a week / Current:
Tigger4 - Goal:Xmas spending / Current:
Wannabemoneysavingstar - Goal: £1000 towards paying off debt / Current:
Wayrin - Goal: £200 towards Xmas & birthdays / Current:
yellowmonkey: Goal: aiming for a golf holiday Current:

Please post a message on this board with your goals for the daily click free cash made, if you would like to be added to this list.

At the end of each month, PM me your overall clicking cash total and I will update it next to your name on the list.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get a copy of this Clicking Guide from EagerLearner ?

Please pop me a private message with your e-mail address - I can then e-mail you the very latest copy of the guide,

... but I can't seem to open the files?
In order to view Excel (green icon with an 'X' on it), or Word documents (blue icon with a 'W' on it) you must have Microsoft Office installed. This means you would also have Microsoft Word (blue icon), Microsoft Outlook (yellow icon) and Powerpoint etc installed.

However... it sounds like your pc might not have the original software package installed - my best suggestion is for you to head for the free version. Developers and software afficionados who dislike the Microsoft monopoly have created free versions of all Mr Gates' programmes, that work very similarly, but free. Martin has articles on this here on the site which I recommend you read, but after that, go to this link:
http://openoffice.org-suite.com/index.asp?aff=101&camp=gg_oo_uk&se=google

Download this package to your computer and you will then be able to view all the files that you receive in from people in Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc. However, it may not be *quite* the same, but close enough if you don't fancy buying the original Microsoft Office package.

OR:

Hotmail sometimes 'hide the contents of the message' if they don't recognise the sender of an e-mail. Click 'show message contents' at the top and this should open the attached files. (Thanks to Silaqui for this tip for Hotmail users)

I like the idea, but will I get loads of spam mail if I sign up to these sites?
The cashback siets themselves should not pass your info to anyone. They may send you their own newsletters or details of their own latest offers. However they're not bad, if you really want to you can unsubscribe from these via each cashback site via e-mail or via your control panel. Check each site for their policy.

It's the competition websites I have found the worst - they seem to sell on info or pass it on to their sister sites etc. Catalougue sites are also annoying simply for the junk mail, but I guess if you keep track of who you signed up to, you could later call them to unsubscribe.

I have now signed up to all sites but one won't work due to my e-mail address?
Sadly some sites will not accept Hotmail addresses - if you have problems, simply register with a non-Hotmail address (thanks to Steevp for this tip).

How long will this daily clicking for cash take me?
Well it varies per person - some (with experience) do it in 20 mins, others take longer. An average maybe 30 minutes but you can improve with experience. Follow some of the tips on here for speeding up the process. Don't get waylaid by ads, close all windows at once rather than individually, get used to what search terms work etc. Importantly, remember that you are working for this free cash, and as such, you need to dedicate reasonable time to it rather than getting frustrated if it takes more than 10 minutes of your time. I average 20 minutes but I don't do certain clicks and I have a years worth of clicking behind me.

How do I clear cookies?
Always delete cookies in between visiting cashback sites, or you could end up with £0 for your efforts at clicking. See the guide for more details on how to.

and on Opera? (thanks to Ploddy for this info!)

To clear cookies in Opera (Free Web Browser)
Click on Tools
Click Delete Private Data
Click on Details
Select:
Delete temporary cookies
Delete all cookies.
Unselect everything else
Click on delete

*HINT*
Sites like Searchchief, Cascadecompare, Wow etc all etc search engines such as kelkoo or Shopping.com etc.

If you haven't cleared cookies between those clicks then it is unlikely
to track properly.

You will be able to see which engine is behind each click, as in the new screen it usually says 'search Powered By Kelkoo' etc.

Shopping Comparison Clicks are not tracking - why?
For example - High Street Web, Kelkoo etc - If they are not tracking check that you are you definately going all the way through to the destination site and clicking a few times? It's not enough to just do a search on Erdoh (or Kelkoo, High street web etc) - you do need to do a search, click on the search result and then go to the third party site (and click a couple pages there to be sure). Also of course ensure you always clear cookies, or you could end up with £0 for your efforts at clicking!

Loyalty Shopper hasn't updated my statement?
They do take a while to update your total points - it should be twice per week but if often delayed. Be sure to check your actual statement on the homepage. If any queries, do e-mail them they're very helpful.

Save time by Opening various windows - this is exactly what you should do as per the tips in my guide. Example: When you are on cashback site #1, eagerly awaiting to do all your clicks within that site, don't bother opening and closing each click when you are done with the click. Instead do all, then when you exit that cashback site close all windows at the same time. Then clear cookies and move on to the next cashback site etc etc. Saves a bunch of time.

Save time by pre-completing forms - Thanks fo *madcat* for this suggestion for a time saving tool:
http://www.roboform.com/download.html

Clicking has not showed up as cash yet?
You may have clicked like a mad thing on a cashback site yesterday, or a few days ago, and you haven't seen any cash appear in your account. Fear not - it often takes a while for the clicks to be verified and appear on your account. Continue to click daily and in time you will stop worrying about these, as they will continue to drip in and you will always be one step ahead with your clicking accruing cash for the coming weeks. It takes time... and patience... some may eventually track, others may not, but overall if you just concentrate on the routine rather than individual clicks, you should see your overall totals build up over time. Please allow a minimum of 12-14 weeks to see whether your totals are tallying up overall.
*** Do Not Give Up ***

If I do a certain click on one cashback site, will I be able to do the same click, on another cashback site?
Yes - as long as you clear your cookies between each of the cashback sites on the routine, each cashback site will recognise your click, even if you already did that click on another site. They pay you for what you do on their cashback site, not what you click on other cashback sites, hence lots of chances to earn money.

I can't easily find the Daily Clicks on each Cashback site?
I know at the start it can seem daunting but I promise it isn't - you just need to search for the clicks within the cashback site. Some cashback sites make it easier by providing a specific 'Daily Clicks' section, but overall they don't want you to simply click those links, so you need to search and then save each click to your favourites within that cashback site (if favourites are available). Sometimes the cash-making clicks may be inside sections called 'Easy Clicks', 'Instant Cash', 'Quick Cash' 'Daily Clicks' etc - just search around and experiment.

Oh, I want to make more money!
If you really want to boost your earnings, here are some ideas:
- Look for special offers on each cashback site - LS and MBM are great on these
- Check if there are bonus points or payments to be had on purchases
- Buy all your Xmas, Birthday gifts via cashback sites
- Refer friends or family so they can join and save money too
- Make notes in your diary as to when your home insurance, travel insurance, car insurance, breakdown insurance etc run out. Then use a comparison website to see who is cheapest. THEN check each cashback site to see if they have that chosen cheapest supplier.

How do I make 10,000 points on Moneybackmadness for signing up?
You simply have to go to their main site, not the forum, log-in and on the left side of the web-site there should be a tab named "my account". Once you click on this there will be an option to add your bonus monster points to your account, you can also add the points you gain from forum posts here.

Highstreet Cashback... from online sites!
Some cashback sites now offer High Street cashback which is fantastic - just register your debit card / credit card and you will earn up to 4% for just shopping on the high street! This then gets credited to your online account as part of your balance.

Remember to always clear cookies ;o)
MFW #185
Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
YNAB lover :D

Comments

• Oooooh! I've not seen your other thread, I only joined a couple of weeks ago. How does this work? 2pounds a day sounds good to me!

GirlieSurfer

I like all the sound of this toooooo --- more info please

:kisses3:
  • GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    I had intended doing this, but got sidetracked (and freefivers never replied to my emails). One of the things i had noticed though were the posts on clicks "not tracking".

I use Internet explorer for my usual internet activity, but thought it may be easier to use firefox for doing the clicks. That way i could use CCleaner to remove the firefox cookies automatically for me. This way i could also set firefox to allow popups (as i believe this is required for some of the tracking sites) but this can be a pain during "normal" browsing.

Is this sensible or am i just faffing about?
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • Hi George, this works well so long as you are fairly techie as it can really help with tracking issues, lots of people do the same. Sadly my time is limited and to be honest I don't have Firefox and it all sounds confusing... so I just use Internet Explorer as usual and find it tracks ok on the clicks I follow (in the guide). So far my totals for the year are very good, who knows maybe I'll get to grips with Firefox next year ;o)
    MFW #185
  • I'd love more info too...

but this may sound a daft question - I understand the term pm but how do I do it?

• GeorgeUK
    GeorgeUK Posts: 7,737 Forumite
    Click on EagerLearner's name on the left (in blue)

There should be an option for sending a private message
    After falling off the gambling wagon (twice): £33,600 (24,000+ 9,600) - Original CC Debt: £7,885.91

Dad Gift 6k ¦ Savings & Inv Tst: £2,500
    Loan 10k: £0 ¦ Dad 5.5k: £2,270 ¦ LTSB: £0 ¦ RBS: £0 ¦ Virgin £0 ¦ Egg £0

Total Owed: £2,270 (+6k) 11/08/2011
  • Hi everyone, the next thing I would suggest is:

Decide which days you will dedicate 10 minutes to clicking.

If you have a routine it will be much easier to set the time aside and make the £2 per day. For me, it's Mon, Wed, Fri and Sat. I could do every day but work is too busy right now and I end up only managing 4 days.

This way I know that Tues, Thurs and Sunday I am 'off'.

I have pinned the click guide to my wall and follow each click methodically, clicking all the clicks per cashback site, then clearing my cookies, then moving onto the next cashback site to do the same again.

The guide keeps me focused!

Having self-discipline is a major requirement - you don't get to make the total you see in my signature on free clicks without it!
    MFW #185
  • Sea78
    Sea78 Posts: 6,185 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Thank you so much for this EagerLearner! It is so clear and straightforward - I'm currently joining all the sites I'm not a member of already through your referral clicks so I hope it earns you some cashback too :D

Will be popping over and nominating this as post of the month as it's really so helpful. Thanks again!

Everyone who's not got the instructions - do PM EagerLearner!!

Sea xxxx
    CCCS DMP:Feb 07
    Total:£37,016.47 now £0 DEBT FREE FEB 14

2022 Decluttering Campaign 49/1011
  • Just PM'd you EagerLearner. I tend to use cookiecleaner to clear my cookies instead of just using the browser function, thought that might help some people :)
    This is getting addictive! :D:eek:
  • csarina
    csarina Posts: 2,557 Forumite
    Hi,

I had a breakdown in communications when my hard disc decided to have a hissy fit, I lost all the info I had on my computer, so although I have been using Quidco, I have not got the guide for £2 a day, could you send it to me again please......I have plenty of time to click being retired, and we really could do with the cash.
    Was 13st 8 lbs,Now 12st 11 Lost 10 1/4lbs since I started on my diet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure