A path out of the Jumble

Options

Comments

• Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Morning Diary,

Had a throughly lazy Saturday :) didn't go out in the end so it was a NSD, today will likely be the same.

We stayed in, watched movies, had an afternoon nap and ate homemade pizza - still got some in the fridge for today :D It's nice to have a lazy day, another busy week ahead at work so nice to chill out at the weekend!

Got to prep for a meeting I was asked to do tomorrow, was only asked and confirmed on Friday afternoon :eek: so will spend a bit of time prepping my notes this afternoon. Will save the last minute rush tomorrow morning. I'll leave a little early to make up for it, can go grab a coffee or something. I don't go into the city often, so like to have a coffee and people watch :)

Later I've got all the usual Sunday cleaning jobs to do, I do love a clean and tidy house - haven't had a good de-clutter in a while, so I'll see what I can do while I clean :)

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday.

Jumblerina xxx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Hi Jumblerina. Your day sounds much like mine. Homework and washing. Had a nice surprise when I got up though as DD had tidied all the flat.

I have one drawer in a sideboard desperate for a declutter. I must do it this week sometime.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hi Jumblerina,

Sounds like a nice day.
    I like what you say about being in the city. I go in 3xs a week and I usually like to also have a coffee and a little chocolate treat, but 3xs a week is probably too much, so might need to rethink this.

I wish I had a clean and tidy house. Must try harder...

Have a lovely Sunday
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Sounds like a very productive day you had there Tink :) how's your homework going? Lovely of your DD to tidy up too!

Hope your de-cluttering is going well :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Hey DIA,

I know exactly what you mean about a little treat in a coffee shop :) maybe go for once a week, kinder on the purse and extra special for you as it's a one-off :D

My house cleaning and general life need a big shake up - we do what we can, when we can :) life always gets in the way of best laid plans!

Hope you're having a good week :)

Jumblerina xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Morning Diary and fellow debtfreers,

I'm sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days, I'm having one of those weeks that's doing it's best to beat me and I'm trying to outsmart it :rotfl:

So much going on at work at the moment, too much work, not enough direction and changes coming thick and fast! Not exactly conducive to a happy, healthy and productive work environment! I'm such a sponge for peoples emotions too, so with everyone either stressed, overwhelmed, frustrated or angry - there's a lot to take in :eek:

I'm glad of a day working from home to re-organise, re-focus and re-plan :) we've got a new boss, they're very new to our work and the environment we work in. I'm the most senior member of the team, so I've picked up extra work helping them out and supporting my team mates. All of which, I'm very happy to do - I just need to make sure I don't take on too much and let my own work suffer.

We've had workmen in since Monday, fitting a new radiator complete with a leak that drenched my kitchen :eek: and tiling/decorating. The house looks like a bomb hit it and we've eaten takeaway for the last 2 nights as the kitchen isn't usable. The tiling/decorating was unplanned as our handyman is doing odd jobs when he finds space. He does a fab job at a very reasonable price, so it's worth the short notice.

I really could do with a couple of days WFH, might see if I can do a half day tomorrow :) I'm getting really tired and I don't want to get run down and end up ill. Going to take it easy today, clean my house later and try to cook dinner tonight :)

Hope you're all having a great week so far - it feels like a Thursday to me :rotfl:

Jumblerina xxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Take it easy Jumblerina :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Thanks DIA :) xxx
  • Jumblerina
    Options
    Good Evening Diary,

We're almost at the end of a busy week, the challenges I've faced this week have been overcome with good friends and teamwork :) I'm usually a bit of a lone wolf when it comes to tough times, this year has really taught me to reach out when I need to and it's never failed me yet.

I'm less afraid of leaning on others when I need to and taking time out for myself when I'm tired or feeling off colour. I got back on track with my work during my working from home day on Wednesday and have had a productive day today too :)

Last night I had an early night and despite waking up randomly about 1am, woke up refreshed this morning. This evening I've had a relaxing shower and I'm curled up with my puppy and a cup of peppermint tea. I've been feeling tired and run down this week, need to look after myself and pamper myself when I can.

Got a training course in the city all day tomorrow, so will be able to relax and enjoy it :) either way I've come to realise I can, to some extent choose my mood - simply by how I think about things and approach them. I'm choosing to relax and take it easy tomorrow :)

Hope you all have a lovely evening

Jumblerina xxx
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Jumblerina wrote: »
    Sounds like a very productive day you had there Tink :) how's your homework going? Lovely of your DD to tidy up too!

Hope your de-cluttering is going well :)

Jumblerina xxx

Decluttering not to bad thanks. I've done the dreaded drawer so only shed and loft to do now thankfully.

DD was a star while I've not felt well and luckily I got my homework finished. All about revising for my first exam a week on Monday now.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts