What a mess:-(

Comments

• Fluffymuffy- my sons are really good and both have a sat job that they save up for all their clobber.
    I'm a Primark queen, :p
    :money: I will never be rich but I'm happy :rotfl:
  • I know this isn't an instant problem, but what is the long term plan for the mortage? If you are interest only, then when the mortgage is due, if you can't pay the £120,000 due, you will be made homeless surely? You need to be aware of this.

It affectively become the same as paying rent for x years and then your contract ending and the landlord issuing Notice to Quit.

If I had a better income I'd sell house, buy smaller/ cheaper and have repayment - it all goes back to a better paid, full time job.
    I'm thinking of re-training, but in these hard times for all I'm worried about spending time and money and getting anything in the end:(
  • Hiya
    What a mess... don't worry, we will all hold hands...
    I am about to loose my small job...Redundant.

My advice - instead of trying to earn more money, try to cut back.
    Go through your bills and see if you can cut back.
    Things like tv, computer and phone package,
    Any memberships you have, Phone contracts, Boiler insurance.
    I did this a wile back and managed to shave some money off. I felt like Martin on some of his tv money saving shows.

Next start on the gas and electric bill, one of my top hobbies.
    Yes, I chat on here often about helping people with their bill.
    Always looking for new idea's on how to lower my low fuel bill.

Couples, one often blames the other for something. The closest people are the most affected.Try hard not to answer back - giving fuel for more harsh comments, yep, been there too!

Hobbies, some do cost...if you can afford it then ok, if you cannot, time to look for a free one like chatting on MSE, reading free kindle books and walking the dog.
    My pet hate - Oh gives the pools man £10 every week. That's £520 a year!!!!!! will not listen to reason, all on the "if I win you will change your tune!".

Surveys, I do some every week but have so far not done enough to get any reward. You have to do hundreds before you might see £5.

Try the freebie site, I have a cupboard full of stuff, all samples. It does help with the shopping bill. Same with vouchers.

Hope my chat has helped. I am going to get ready and walk the dog , after all it is free!

Take care....

What freebies can you get? I'm not sure where to start!
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    loveasale wrote: »
    What freebies can you get? I'm not sure where to start!

Start on the freebie web site on here...
    Then move on to googling freebies and get your name on the lists. Every day I know all the latest freebies as I get emails.

What can you get? all sorts of free samples... coffee, tea, shampoo, conditioner, sun cream, pocket hankies, perfume, had temper travel pillow a wile ago, birthday cards, face creams and masks. Sweets and chocolate bars. Next years calender.
    And a pile more....

No, not all at once, more like 1 or 2 things most days. Just fill in name and address, not forgetting to untick the box to say you want to join an email club.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • What an awful situation for you to be in. It's clearly time for you to reassess your life - if your OH is determined to move out then let him. I'm sure you'll do just fine if not better without him. Just remember that he has an obligation to financially provide for you and the children.

You say you're looking/needing to get full time work. How is the job market in your particular field? And are you happy with that field? Could you maybe go to Uni or college and retrain?
  • What an awful situation for you to be in. It's clearly time for you to reassess your life - if your OH is determined to move out then let him. I'm sure you'll do just fine if not better without him. Just remember that he has an obligation to financially provide for you and the children.

You say you're looking/needing to get full time work. How is the job market in your particular field? And are you happy with that field? Could you maybe go to Uni or college and retrain?

I would love to retrain, I'm a hairdresser, good job , but I've always wanted to be a teacher of hairdressing , I know I could do, but its hard getting your foot in the door at the collages , and I'd need that to get experience and as I feel so alone I don't how to go about things.
    Sorry this really isn't ME, I've turned into a complete idiot! My self a seem is on empty :(
  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    When my husband left me with my two kids, i sold loads on ebay, sold all my silver jewellery, sold my wedding and engagement rings so that i had a bit of money before my child tax credits etc kicked in. Maybe have a clear out?
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 November 2012 at 10:09PM
    Please get help from your doctor for how you are feeling, getting diagnosed and treated will help you see a way through and come up with creative solutions. ((HUGS))

Also complete a Statement of Affairs and post on the Debt Free Wannabe board, they are amazing at identifying areas you can cut back - if you don't know where every last tenner goes start a spending diary. Check out what benefits and child support you are entitled to - including Support for Mortgage Interest. Any debts in your husband's name only are not your problem. Consider a lodger or a second job or private hairdressing clients or matched betting (NOT gambling).

Maybe when your husband will become willing to get treated and even engage in relationship counselling with time, when he realises running away has not solved his problems. Maybe you will be surprised how much better you feel when he has gone. :)
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • indsty
    indsty Posts: 372 Forumite
    So sorry you have been struggling for so long - and although if you do end up apart from your hubby it is very sad, it can also be a real turning point. You will then be "in charge" of your own finances. You will probably have very little (even less:eek:) but you will have control of it and it sounds like you are a good manager already. Being in control is a major part of the battle, and you will begin to find the "real" you once again.
  • You all on here have been so very kind, believe me I'm normally outgoing confident and happy , but this really has shook me up,
    I know when he goes ( I think in next week) I can start to rebuild my life, believe me if I could change the situation I would do anything, but, I've finally come to my senses ( after my car accident) and realised I can't do it on my own, I'm sort of in a no-win place :(
    I know home will be happier and me and my sons will not have to walk on the egg shells anymore! :o
    I will do the SOA, I'm not very good on a PC and just a few line stakes ages !
    I'm really good with money, OH is rubbish- he spends lots on his hobbies-
    My main concern is getting mortgage in my name ( but I don't earn enough ) ?
    Getting it on Re-payment, then working my backside off to pay off as much as I can whilst my sons are still in school,
    I know that sounds a tall order but I have to focus on something :)
    The really good news is other than mortgage I do not have any debt, ( learnt that hard lesson years ago) I also have a very good credit score:)
    Again many thanks- my sons don't know the situation yet so I can't talk to friends for fear of them finding out, I I didn't have you lot I really would have gone crazy:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport