National Window Scrappage Scheme

Comments

• Steve_xx
    Steve_xx Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I wish someone would replace my windows as they're getting that thin that I can nearly see through them!
  • I saw this advertised on TV last night
  • Steve_xx wrote: »
    I wish someone would replace my windows as they're getting that thin that I can nearly see through them!

Don't bother cleaning them - they become opaque eventually.
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • ormus
    ormus Posts: 42,714 Forumite
    patman99 wrote: »
    Agli home improvements are owned by 'Limelight'. The same company who own 'Zenith', 'Moben', 'Dolphin', 'Sharpes' and at least one other double glazing company I can't remember the name of.

Limelight's owner is known throughout the business world as a well dodgy geezer.

Anyway, if we all follow the asa link and complain, then something might get done.

and all those companies use very dodgy sales tactics. why any one uses them is beyond me. either mad or more money than sense.
    Get some gorm.
  • 27col
    27col Posts: 6,554 Forumite
    As someone has already suggested on another thread about this same subject. What you need to do, is to say to any salesman that you let into the house. " You have only one chance to give me a price." I thought that this was a brilliant suggestion and would stop all this pseudo discount nonsense dead in its tracks.
    I can afford anything that I want.
    Just so long as I don't want much.
  • thanks for the heads up guys I have just filled in the form to get a quote but then thought i would look on here to see if anyone had ut anything.
    All I can say is SORRY that MSE was a 2nd thought I should of come here first, now I will have to waste breath saying No a million times when they ring me to arrange a visit. That advert on tv is very misleading. i thought it was anew goverment scheme which is why i searched it.
    Thanks mercy for MSE.
    Now married !!! :love:21/06/11 :T.

Constantly trying to find ways to save money , look after my family the best way I can and most of all make life fun for my family and friends.
    I love entering competitions. :money:
  • hethmar
    hethmar Posts: 10,678 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I think a lot of people - probably the most vulnerable - will also think this is a government backed scheme. Its quite disgusting.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    thanks for the heads up guys I have just filled in the form to get a quote but then thought i would look on here to see if anyone had ut anything.
    All I can say is SORRY that MSE was a 2nd thought I should of come here first, now I will have to waste breath saying No a million times when they ring me to arrange a visit. That advert on tv is very misleading. i thought it was anew goverment scheme which is why i searched it.
    Thanks mercy for MSE.

Just tell them your grandad's out and put the phone down !
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • Remember you can only scrap the windows and qualify for the 2 grand if they are 10 years or older and you have lived in the house for 12 months or more.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Just got an email back from ASA (I complained about the ad) ..

We’re already investigating this advertisement and the information in your complaint will be helpful. We’ll let you know the result as soon as possible.
    Signature on holiday for two weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport