Free Santa letter and personalised video message discussion

Comments

• the site is down for maintenance at the moment. Ive been trying to get on all afternoon after creating a video, now i want to show my daughter i cant! Never mind i will try later!

If you go to the PNP Facebook page, you can sign up for an email which they'll send you when its ready. They are having trouble with the site as it should have been live on Monday. You can access it from some parts of the world (Canada definitely so far), but not others...
  • Maybe off topic, but in a similar vein let's not forget the NORAD official Santa tracking site, which tracks Santa as he flies across the world on Christmas Eve.
    http://www.noradsanta.org/
  • http://www.netmums.com/christmas/Letters_to_Father_Christmas.5604/sandwell_dudley/?utm_source=newslettertext&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=text

Even if you wanted to DIY there are some good and cute ideas, like drawing a map to where the presents need to be delivered from your chimney or back door.
  • I posted two letters to the Royal Mail Santa address for my two grandchildren (two different addresses) and they were both posted over a week before the deadline which was before the snow and ice arrived. It is the 6th Jan now any neither of them have received their letters.
    Fortunately they are both too young to understand and therefore were not dissapointed. Thanks Royal Mail for nothing!
  • Minerva69
    Minerva69 Posts: 797
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jbarryl wrote: »
    I posted two letters to the Royal Mail Santa address for my two grandchildren (two different addresses) and they were both posted over a week before the deadline which was before the snow and ice arrived. It is the 6th Jan now any neither of them have received their letters.
    Fortunately they are both too young to understand and therefore were not dissapointed. Thanks Royal Mail for nothing!

We posted ours about the same time as you and we got ours in time for Christmas (we live in West Yorks the same as you). It was the first time we'd tried the Royal Mail one though. Other cards from family we knew had been posted first class took over a week to get to us! We always get the NSPCC letter from Santa, it usually arrives quickly and did again this Christmas, I also think it was a nicer letter than the Royal Mail one!
  • I did the NSPCC letter from Santa for my two nephews and will probably do it again this year - I think it's a great idea as the letter is personalised (the Royal Mail one doesn't look like it is but I could be wrong) and you're also giving to a good cause.
    "A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge." - Tyrion Lannister
    Married my best friend 1st November 2014
    Loose = the opposite of tight (eg "These trousers feel a little loose")
    Lose = the opposite of find/gain (eg "I'm going to lose weight this year")
  • The Portable North Pole website will display warnings that you need to update your Flash Player.
    Don’t be fooled!
    The software it deceives you into downloading is not Flash Player by Adobe, but a load of crap you don’t want on your PC.
    Here’s the software’s official website http://www.ilivid.com
    This is probably how the PNP site makes their money, by “infecting” your machine.
    This site is best avoided if they use sneaky tactics to install potentially unpleasant software on your machine.

:mad:
  • This worked fine first time of use but second time said my flash player needed updating and couldn't do it unless accepted their browser and collected my information. Tried on another computer, which was also up to date and got same message. I think someone has jumped onto the bandwagon with this as a fishing device.
  • Tried earlier. Even tried uploading the flash player. This downloaded an enormous file to my computer which then crashed. :(

Gave it a clean up and tried again without falling for the download. No luck.

What a shame! :mad:
  • is the site down? can't get past first page. can't seem to update flash player. the one they want me to install [ilivid] won't work either. anybody else experiencing this please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure