Sat/Sun 31 jan and 1 Feb 2015. What small DFW stuff will you do today?

Comments

• Today will be a NSD, plus free meal as I am going to go to my Nan's for Sunday dinner... YUM! Then when I get back later this evening I probably won't want anything else to eat. DD and Daddy are at his mums (surprise 60th last night for his Grandma) so no food needed for them. Going to attempt a few bits of houswork. May leave it but it needs doing *massive grump*
    Feb NSD's 2/10 under my belt.

Feb Grocery Challenge
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,106 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 1 February 2015 at 5:24PM
    Morning all,
    A lazy day today, starting with a lie-in (a v rare thing for me!) but cat decided to start clawing the bedroom door & yowling at 4.10am, kept it up for half an hour & I couldn't get back to sleep. Grrrrr. Dawn- I see you had similar with your dog!
    Today I will do the following:
    *Wash hair & let it dry naturally to save electricity.
    *Keep downstairs heating off as long as possible.
    *Read meters & update energy spreadsheet.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Save 30 miles of petrol as we decided to have a lazy day instead of going out.
    *NSD.
    *Will read Observer online instead buying one.
    *Commence big decluttering challenge - Feb 1st, so I need to declutter one item today, which I will list on eBay.
    *Enjoy free leisure: Start watching another series while we still have 30 days free Amazon Prime, knit, read, update my blog & have a little walk around garden to look for signs of Spring.
    Bob & DNMS- Interesting about the house prices. My sister's London house was recently valued at half a million. It's a small semi in a terrace of similar little old houses with a miniscule garden & no driveway. If they relocated up here, they could buy a detached rural period property with a big garden, drive, garage & still have money left over, but their lives are in London, so it's not even a consideration. DNMS - You have worked hard on your house, so hope it all comes right for you re valuation.
    Have a good day, all,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    MinnieMousesMummy Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 1 February 2015 at 8:48PM
    Good morning everyone, Well I had a productive day yesterday and managed to do most of my list. I had a long lie this morning then got up and had a shower, therefore just going to do my list and then make a start.

My list for today:
    • Feed animals and check for eggs Done
    • Meals from store Done
    • Do 2 loads of washing Done
    • Catch up with ironing for dd Done
    • Get rid of 100 emails Done
    • Do homework for Monday Done
    • Check superpoints, swagbucks Done
    • Check freepostcodelottery and birthdaybingo Done
    • Submit s&s information Done
    • Check s&s points to see if I can get a voucher Done, Not quite enough points yet
    • Get dh to check the car over for tomorrow Done
    • Plan what needs to be done for the business, as I have decided to try and move things forward Done
    • Sort avon books for going out next week Done
    • Sort through 2 boxes into bin, keep and sell
    • Keep a check on items that are finishing on ebay and deal with any questions Done, Sadly nothing sold so everything has been relisted.
    • List 5 items on ebay Done
    • Make a list of frozen food that is required for February Done
    • Sort bags and clothes for tomorrow Done
    • Bath the kids and get them to bed at a reasonable time Done
    • Get an early night
    I think that is everything that I need to achieve today. Hope everyone has a good Sunday
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Yesterday's no spend day ended in a spectacular fail for me as I had to pay my tax bill (no getting out of that) and I bought my son a suit for a themed 18th birthday party he's going to next weekend. I have ordered in 2 sizes so the spend looks even worse at present :eek: He really is my downfall as he's only going to be young once and I want him to enjoy it as much as he can and he's going to look so good in the suit. Considering he's quite shy he has his own style and is not afraid to not conform to the norm and I'm quite proud of his swag (as I believe it's called nowadays :o )

We went out last night and I made one drink last all night (there's only so much diet Coke a girl can drink) but then ended up going to the kebab shop on the way home (proving that you don't need to be drunk to eat one, it just needs to be past midnight) :rotfl: I did however share one to save money.

Today I'm cooking a roast, most of it we had already (huge cauliflower cheese from when it was on offer, the last portion of a bag of frozen parsnips, stuffing mix, frozen veg, potatoes.) Skinless sausages were on offer this week (for the stuffing), I've halved the pack and frozen some for next time and I bought Mr T value sliced chicken for DH and DS instead of a joint or whole bird as I'm not fussed about meat with a roast. I do eat meat but was vegetarian for 13 years and I've got used to eating a roast without the meat, as long as there's cauliflower cheese I'm happy. I'll cook some extra sweetcorn and I'll have that and leftover cauliflower cheese for lunch on Monday.

Tonight I will take my mum to bingo, it's only at an old people's type of place so it doesn't cost a lot and so few go that we usually win our money back anyway :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Yesterday was speedy for me as bought dd some bits - leggings top and pjs. She's having a ready bad time so wanted to let her know I love her. Also bought things for dinner for her, then predictably she cancelled so ended up feeling quite let down last night...

I feel for you there, when they're hurting you want to do whatever you can to make them feel better but it just gets harder as they get older :(
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi all

OH and I stayed in bed until lunchtime - I needed it though and am starting to feel a whole lot better!

We want to go to the cinema later as we've missed loads but really fancy a couple that are out at the moment. Apart from that it should be a NSD.
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 February 2015 at 3:41PM
    Afternoon DFW-Jedis,

Just back from a cheeky wee grocery shopping trip
    :

The List

:starmod: Bought a head of broccoli for 14p.

:starmod: Bought three 2 litre bottles of a Polish cherry juice I'm fond of at £1 each.

:starmod: Bought the cheapest drink in the Tesco Cafe and while there downloaded onto my Kindle episodes one and two of Musketeers and a David Attenborough documentary through iPlayer using their free broadband. Also four radio postcasts from iPlayer. We don't have unlimited broadband at home as we can't afford and we live too remotely to get most internet services it so I use public facilities whenever possible for big downloads.

:starmod: Groceries bought from Tesco, Lidl, Iceland and Farmfoods to get the cheapest prices. Parked centrally and walked from one to another.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • Afternoon all

I'm late on the go today! Been quite a productive Sunday - too cold to go out so been doing plenty in the house.

So today I've done/will do:

Make soup for today and tomorrow's lunch
    Dinner from freezer - using chicken breast and stock to make a casserole
    Got mac code so will switch Broadband and save £211.08 a year :T
    Package up ebay parcels
    Check Onepoll and Swagbucks
    £50 each for me and OH from my Mum (she'd saved over £1000 in her £2 coin jar :eek: so gave us something from it)
    10 minute housework - bathroom today
    Clean out rat cage

Then will spend the rest of the day doing as little as possible as back to work tomorrow.

Have a good day x
  • gemnomnom
    gemnomnom Posts: 178 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2015 at 9:11PM
    Hi all,

It has been quite a dull week unfortunately!

This week I have:
    - Went out on Friday night - not moneysaving, but OH got some time discussing a new work project. Spent £30 each on dinner and drinks.
    - Renewed our monthly train passes, paid OH back for buying mine
    - Done 8 hours of overtime, booked this week's overtime in
    - Found out my new shifts/team at work
    - Booked my remaining holidays at work. Five days off in March to go to Amsterdam for my birthday!
    - Found an amazing holiday package deal (5 nights, central location, breakfast, flights, 10kg hand luggage for £183 pp!) - unbelievably, the company messed up my booking and I have to rebook today. Hope it's still there!
    - Made some progress with trying to get the court date voided
    - Tithed my 10% at church (really going to try and make this a habit)
    - OH got paid on Friday. +£100 to the savings (after booking the holiday)

Will do:
    - Go to Lidl - spent £18 for the week
    - Transfer some money to my mum
    - Pay OH back for train ticket, Friday night & holiday (if it goes through)
    - Make a Sunday roast for dinner, as I have been doing for the past couple of weeks
    - Get court date cancelled!
    - Write JW letter
    - Try and pay for the holiday again
    - Read some more Bible
    - Phone OH mum
    - Clean up the house!
    - Chase up doctor's letter
  • xJOJOx_2
    xJOJOx_2 Posts: 572 Forumite
    Afternoon everyone

-Went on a unplanned night out last night. Friends don't go out much anymore so don't mind to much. However, free lifts so no taxi fares and instead off take away on way home, I went home and cooked a pizza (50p) so my moneysaving beginning to kick in even when I have a drink

- brought a brand new TV unit and table last week, saved up for ages as quite expensive. The little one drew all over with pen (nearly cried) :-| however brother in law came up with his is ways and removed it. Need some wax polish just to get the colour back but looks 100 times better

- it's my oldest daughters birthday next week. Birthday party booked, good deal as local companies in competition which each other. Ex paid half as well so even better. Need to sort out bits of presents I've bought now and budget in anything else I need. Cake to buy and birthday outfit. However this is my last big expense from the Christmas period.

So today's list
    - clean living room and kitchen
    -finish weeks washing and drying, school uniform ready for morning
    - check banking and dds
    - start reading a book (at least a chapter)
    - check budgets etc for month as beginning to hit debt from this month
    - find a friend to watch panto with me during week (£7) much cheaper than going pub
    - meals from stock (leftover stew from yesterday so not using much supplies)
    - have everything setup ready for morning so can go straight docs to put repeat in and try playgroup up that way

Xx
    Debt Remaing £315 :j
    Breath out the past, Breath in the future
    Big Dreams Start Small
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business