The Ultimate Incentive part 10. The only thing holding you back is you.

Comments

• Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    My Dad says that if our kids are ginger he's going to make them wear hats when he takes them out! He's only half joking. :o A guy he knows actually does that with his nephews! :rotfl:

We've more or less picked a name and it's a very subtle nod to geekiness. :cool: VERY subtle, but it was enough to convince OH! :)

Meet-up peeps, we need to make plans for actually meeting on Saturday morning! Is there a good spot at Kings Cross and do we need a roll call list so we don't wander off without someone?! :)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Birdie85 wrote: »
    Meet-up peeps, we need to make plans for actually meeting on Saturday morning! Is there a good spot at Kings Cross and do we need a roll call list so we don't wander off without someone?! :)

Um, surely platform 9 and 3/4...?
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • poddle911
    poddle911 Posts: 1,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Oops, hit send before I was ready. All plans sound great, I'm sacking off work and am in!

I vote for a 'sit down and gossip' start before we hit the museums and/or shops, but other than that, I'm easy :)
    LBM Sep 2008 debt: £27,927.04
    start weight: 140.2, week 2: 138
  • Birdie85
    Poddle, you're a freaking genius! 9 3/4 it is! :T And yay- you're coming! :)

Anyone know a nice place for tea and cake and gossip not too far from the station/on the way to the museum? :)
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    9 and 3/4 is perfect as long as someone takes my picture as I do the dramatic Harry Potter fall! I really don't know London well enough to suggest anywhere, but a gossip over second breakfast sounds good to me :) I'm so excited!

Can't wait to hear his name, glad it has a nod to geekery - it wouldn't be right if it didn't :D
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Ohh talking of Ron Weasley he was in our local work pub on friday, i wasn't there but some of my work friends chatted to him!

My OH has the ginger gene but i don't think my side do. He has a tinge of ginger in his facial hair but his half brother and sister are full on ginger.
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    What time are we meeting? Also just in case can at least one of you pm me a phone nr?
  • kavics17
    kavics17 Posts: 2,235 Forumite
    Exam is child development, ed209 at open uni. Friday at 2 pm. I'm dreading it. We are landing on thurs am, that's the day after tmrw. Eeekkk.
  • poddle911 wrote: »
    Um, surely platform 9 and 3/4...?

Obviously! Birdie I blame your baby brain for not thinking of that! I don't seem to think it's there any more though, or the trolley bit isn't? I think I get in about 9.50, will have to find my ticket and check :o But yeah add me to the roll call! I'll be in touch again before the weekend but up to my ears in planning at the mo! :eek: Remind me why I'm doing this....

Hope everyone's well :hello:
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Birdie85
    It's still there Tete, it's been moved around to the 'new' bit, the mezzanine with the cafes and stuff overlooks it. At least, last time I was there that's where it was! :)

My train arrives at 10.15 so I'll come looking for people! :) I'm so worried about how tired I'm going to be on Saturday, will be my longest day out in ages, I'm normally pooped after 2 hours! :eek: Sunday will be a very quiet, sleepy day for me! :o

Good luck for the exam Kavics! Have a good flight tomorrow too- you must be so excited! I'll put my number on the FB group, might be good if other people stick theirs on there too as I don't always hear my phone! :o

Very cool about your friends meeting Ron, Wendz!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport