Sky, Virgin & BT TV Haggle down prices and get serious discounts Article Discussion

Comments

• I have just managed to get a 60% discount from Sky. My 31 day notice period expired last week. The 50% offer appeared the next morning in "My Sky". I contacted them via the online chat and without any prompting or encouragement was immediately offered 60% off Variety pack, movies, sport and HD. Paying a smidge over £30 per month all in. (The HD was £5.25 though). 12 month contract, full price would have been £71.25.

I have been a customer for 5 years and previously just had the Variety pack, at £24.50 per month.

I would endorse what many on here have already said. Cancel, see out the 31 days notice and then take it from there.
  • Well turned the tv on this morning and its all switched off. My OH is going batty already!!! I've checked my sky and no offers.

I'm gonna have to grovel aren't I???!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Well turned the tv on this morning and its all switched off. My OH is going batty already!!! I've checked my sky and no offers.

I'm gonna have to grovel aren't I???!!

As already advised in response to your earlier post, the best deals are only offered to those cancelling all services. Cancelling TV alone will mean that you'll likely only receive meagre offers to return and Sky won't be in any particular hurry to do even this.

You should also check your "Household Marketing" settings in MySky are set to allow you to receive such messages.
  • As already advised in response to your earlier post, the best deals are only offered to those cancelling all services. Cancelling TV alone will mean that you'll likely only receive meagre offers to return and Sky won't be in any particular hurry to do even this.

You should also check your "Household Marketing" settings in MySky are set to allow you to receive such messages.

And as advised in posts after yours sky do treat them differently.

Unless you are prepared to offer advice in a tone which doesn't involved being patronising I'd ask that you don't refer to me again.

Thank you. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    And as advised in posts after yours sky do treat them differently.
    If you remain a Sky customer of any service then you remain a Sky customer, I'm afraid. Certainly, there are instances reported of some customers quickly having up to 50% deals available on MySky, but in the overwhelming majority of cases only those who cancel everything get the best deals.

On an unrelated matter, all forum users have the option to ignore posts, but no ability to stop them being made unless they break forum rules..
  • Renegotiated my sky Line rental costs today paid upfront last year £119.40, told live chat about tesco upfront line rental and was offered line rental 50% off or £7.70. No offers on broadband but half price line rental cancels that out. With this and my offer on TV last month im saving £13pm happy days :)
  • Yes, I've been looking for that ignore button. Is there one on MSE?!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Renegotiated my sky Line rental costs today paid upfront last year £119.40, told live chat about tesco upfront line rental and was offered line rental 50% off or £7.70. No offers on broadband but half price line rental cancels that out. With this and my offer on TV last month im saving £13pm happy days :)
    I want free line rental to stay, or Tesco is a much better option. (It's still cheaper even if Sky offer free line).

Sky bb (without tv) £10
    Anytime calls £5

Total £15

Tesco
    bb (free if are a bank or mobile customer)
    Line rental (via saver) £11.50 inclusive of w&e calls
    Anytime calls £5
    Less £2.45 ( £35.35 cashback less £6 for router)

Total £14.05 (or only £9.05 if make do with w&e calls)
  • marco806
    marco806 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Yes, I've been looking for that ignore button. Is there one on MSE?!

You will get 50 per cent off your tv package but you will have to do without for a few weeks.

i was off for 3 weeks before i got my 50 per cent off both tv and hd.

just need to show some willpower to get the big savings.
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    On the subject of Broadband - For anyone wanting BT Sports, surely the latest BT deals are best. 12 month contract, £8 per month, BT Sports included....anyone found better?

The reason I ask is my first BT 12 month cantract is coming to an end next month so looking for best deal, obviously still keeping BT Sports. Any advice welcomed :)

P.S. There`s no Sky Broadband in my area. Anyway their current deal is free broadband for 12 months (18 month contract) which wouldn`t even be enough of a saving to cover the cost of paying for BT Sports.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure