Debt free in ten years-my new, more realistic challenge.

Options

Comments

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I LOVE liver..dead jealous. And steak and kidney pie (or pudding!) too...where do you live again ;)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Today has been a busy day for me. DD had an appointment in N'wcastle so I took DGD for a wander around the shops.

I bought us a children's packed lunch at a department store and DGD and I shared it. She had jelly first because she could, and because she was with me :D I ate the fruit and half the tiny piece of cheese which she really begrudged me having :D She loves both.

I managed to find some aloe vera gel in B00ts which I bought with points. It is for my horrible allergic reaction causing an itchy rash ALL over my body :( I am a very allergic individual but this one has us stumped. Then I treated myself to three hair fasteners, as a saving on hair cutting. It cost me £10 but makes me feel much nicer. So £14 spent on me today but all nice things.

On the way home we went to 4ldi and spent £63 but some of it is DD's. We will work it out tomorrow.

I have cheated for tonigh's dinner, as I was shattered, and bought a frozen risotto from 4ldi, added some smoked haddock from 4ldi and a few more veggies. It was dead easy and scrummy and took no time at all.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Risotto sounds good.
    Dident realise that they did a frozen one.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • poohbear59
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Risotto sounds good.
    Dident realise that they did a frozen one.

It was tasty too. They used to do one years ago if my memory is right. It is a great quick meal which is also good for slimmers. I added some cheese on the top of the 'boys' dinners for extra calories.

Today we have started our sprucing up of the cottage. Curtains are in the washing machine. The label did say' Dry clean only'. They are on a 'curtain' wash so hopefully they will be okay.

I have painted the two window seats with egg shell paint which is about 8 years old but it seemed okay after a good stirring and shake. DS2 is 'hopefully' going to do some roller painting while I do the bits around the lower edges, cutting in.

On my menu plan all it says for today's dinner is lamb. I need to go delving in the meat freezer in the store room to see what we have left. I am trying to use things up instead of buying more and just eating what is at the top. An inventory is called for to make sure we are not wasting money or food.

Hoping today will be a NSD :)
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    HI - hows it going? Hope alls good - just noticed you hadnt posted for a few days
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    How are things Pooh ?

Hope you managed to get the painting done and that DS was feeling able to help you.

Hope you are ok and that the rash has disappeared xx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • poohbear59
    Options
    Thank you brizzled and PG. We managed to get a lot of the decorating done. DS2 was very helpful so I have been trying to get him motivated this week but have had no luck at all.
    He has emptied his house and will be officially living here from tomorrow. That in itself must be pretty depressing. Living back with parents. And very good news, he has had two months HB at last. He received it yesterday.

My rash went away but came back and has gone again. I really want to find out what I am reacting to but still have no idea.

I have been trying to get the accounts paperwork ready for the accountant and this week asked someone else to help me. She took the stuff away and managed to get what would take me weeks done in 5 hours! I am very impressed, it has taken a lot of pressure off me.

Trying to sort the paperwork is the real reason I haven't been on here or anywhere else. I just had to try to get my head around what the accountant needs and see that everything is up to date. I haven't finished yet. And I have been inn the garden a lot with Mr P who I think is living out there :D He comes in for meals, comfort breaks and bedtime :D When the weather changes it will hit him.

DS1 has set up his own company so hopefully he now will be able to stand on his own two feet along with his wife. :)

We also have more exciting news. I am going to have a new grandchild next year :) DD has needed help whilst at appointments etc. tomorrow DGD and I get to mooch around the shops and have tea and cake together while DD and DSIL go to see the obstetrician. Babe is fine just need to discuss what happened last time, I think, and plan for next one.

Financially we hit a low patch again two weeks ago and have had a very frugal couple of weeks. But today DS2 gave us some money back for all the rent we have paid for him. I have to promise not to do anything silly when I am out at shops tomorrow with DGD.

Tonight I am cooking 20 jacket potatoes. I was goinjg to cook one for me as Mr P is having potato wedges then realised what a waste of gas it is to cook one potato. I am cooking the whole bag full. I will then cool them and freeze them and they will be ready to take out of the freezer the day before we want to eat them. A quick reheat and crisp up inn the oven is all they will need. I have planned jacket potato and chilli for Saturday dinner so will leave 3 in the fridge until then. Tonight we are using up leftovers, sometimes my favourite meal.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Congratulations on being a Grandma again Pooh!! Lovely news Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • PinotGrigio41
    Options
    Fantastic news Pooh ! congratulations !! :j:jxx
    LBM July 2011 - Finally took control Nov 2011 DFD Sometime in the distant future ! :eek:
    Total debts Nov 2011 [STRIKE]£96796.75[/STRIKE]:eek:
    Total Debts JUL 2020 £00.00
    Cleared Jul 2020 £96796.75
    :T
    Emergency Fund / Rainy Day - £5500 . DMP Mutual Support Thread 428
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,270 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great news for you :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback