Qmee - making money searching the web

Comments

• I joined this today and earned 38p so far. I like it but I am worried about the fact that to pay out I have to log into my PayPal through them. I don't like that. Why can't I just give them my Paypal email like every other place? Is it safe? Especially when my Paypal is connected to my bank?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You are logging into Paypal via the Paypal website if you check the URL. It is safe. I do it with Qmee, OpinionWorld and a number of other websites and I've never had a problem.

It is no different to signing in on eBay to pay for something.
  • alflavor
    alflavor Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Wilkinsons seem to pay most days, can't find any other hits though.

£2.80 since November....
  • lexie2
    lexie2 Posts: 296 Forumite
    alflavor wrote: »
    Wilkinsons seem to pay most days, can't find any other hits though.

£2.80 since November....

I tried Wilkinsons and got a few pence but I don't seem to be getting any other hits. What are other people getting - are people still getting anything?
  • I signed up about 2 weeks ago and I'm now up to £1.01

Searches I've used include "Family Guy" (I was looking for DVDs on eBay), Le Creuset (I was checking prices on Amazon) and "White Stuff" (again looking for stuff on eBay). Off the top of my head I haven't had any thing while Googling, but I've been using it as part of regular searching rather than looking for keywords that get money.

One thing I did notice is that the search terms aren't repeatable, I loaded up "Family Guy" on Amazon to see what the prices were compared to eBay and didn't get any response from Qmee. Since it's tracking what you search for you could try clearing your cache and browser history and see if that makes a difference.
  • Search for dog food on Amazon.;)
  • lexie2
    MollyDolly wrote: »
    Search for dog food on Amazon.;)

I tried that but got nothing - funny how some search terms work for some people but not others. The only hit I can remember on Google was searching for Boots Protect and Perfect gift sets.
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    lexie2 wrote: »
    I tried that but got nothing - funny how some search terms work for some people but not others.

They have a number or merchants and a number of products to advertise. They will share the adds between all of them, so once an add has been shown it may not get shown again for a while. So it is usually pointless to search for something someone else has just seen an add for, as that add may not be shown again for days or even weeks.
  • I get results for Very every day.
  • lexie2
    I get results for Very every day.

This search term was Very disappointing for me!

Even the hits I have had (all 2 of them) have never been repeatable.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback