Universal Job Match at http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk

Comments

• Kirito
    Kirito Posts: 16 Forumite
    edited 19 November 2012 at 1:17PM
    Did she say they they can't monitor the site?

She said they can only monitor what happens on the universal job match site, which is why you will still be required to fill in your job search booklet.

One of the things I noted on the new site was that there is an option to answer why you did not apply for a job after viewing it. So presumably job centre advisers will be able to see the jobs you have viewed AND applied for. This assumes though that you have registered an account which is tied to your person though otherwise they wouldn't really be able to determine who had sent that answer.

As I haven't registered(and don't plan to unless I'm forced to do so) I can't really say if they can actually track applied for positions. If they use a system(where you have to apply through the actual the site) similar to places like Reed.co.uk, Monster, Totaljobs etc then yes they will be able to track which jobs a certain account has applied for but only if it is done via the universal job match site. Maybe someone who has registered and applied for jobs through universal job match can shed some light on this.

For now though, I've just been applying directly using the employers contact details like they were on the old site.
  • Boxerlover wrote: »
    I might ask the DWP to sign a declaration that in the event that they (or any of their "partners") lose or have hacked any of my personal details they will pay me £10,000 in compensation and signing this declaration is MANDATORY if they insist I agree to their terms and conditions.

I think you might be on to something here, at least as a back up if it turns out it really is mandatory.

I don't see that there is any statutory obligation to do this, unless the re-write jobseekers agreements. I am going to re-read our data protection laws.
  • http://rehabjobfit.com/ ?

Rehab job fit sounds like you are in rehab!! Good choice of name!

Yep thats the one, im work programme so i hand in form and sign on and iam out within 2-3 minutes of entering the building usally.

Then fornightly i see an advisor at the work programme place who check what jobs ive gone for on the system they use.
  • Well this is strange.

Couple of weeks ago got signed (Work Provider) upto Ingeus's portal where you were supposed to have job matches matched up to your profile via using the SOC codes which are also used on the job centre plus website.

Now for fourteen days, I logged into and everytime 'no matches' were shown...but surprise surprise first day of Universal Job Match and I have matches.

Now does anybody know if the Ingeus portal at ingeus works com is linked up to the Universal Job Match even though my advisor told me its entirely different and not linked up? Just seems very strange I get lots of job matches on the very day the new national job search goes online.

What are the data implications also, if Ingeus have access and are filtering their results from the Universal Job Match?

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like a white label version of Universal Job Match. That is very sneaky. I will watch out for anything with SOC codes on.

I am due to attend the work programe for a review soon, I am sooo no looking forward to this today. If they ask me to sign up I will refuse and see what happens.
  • Kirito wrote: »
    She said they can only monitor what happens on the universal job match site, which is why you will still be required to fill in your job search booklet.

One of the things I noted on the new site was that there is an option to answer why you did not apply for a job after viewing it. So presumably job centre advisers will be able to see the jobs you have viewed AND applied for. This assumes though that you have registered an account which is tied to your person though otherwise they wouldn't really be able to determine who had sent that answer.

As I haven't registered(and don't plan to unless I'm forced to do so) I can't really say if they can actually track applied for positions. If they use a system(where you have to apply through the actual the site) similar to places like Reed.co.uk, Monster, Totaljobs etc then yes they will be able to track which jobs a certain account has applied for but only if it is done via the universal job match site. Maybe someone who has registered and applied for jobs through universal job match can shed some light on this.

For now though, I've just been applying directly using the employers contact details like they were on the old site.

Yes but on Reed no one but you can see the jobs you have applied for as its data protection so the same applies here surely

And someone posted a printed hand out that they got from the job centre and it said if they registered here they would not need to bring in a hand written register of jobs applied for but thats assuming this new site has every job in the world advertised on it and as we can see it's just the same as the old job seekeres direct website showing only jobs advertied on the dwp site not linking it to any other sites at all.
    So we are still going to have to write down all the other jobs we apply for and that then in itself is a lie when they say you do not have to do so. Maybe I will ask if I get a similar letter given to me.

The option to say why you never applied may relate to jobs your adviser can highlight for you to apply via your acct when they log into it and you have to say why you didn't apply like 'my skills are not a match' etc and they then may ask you about this later.
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 November 2012 at 2:05PM
    Yes but on Reed no one but you can see the jobs you have applied for as its data protection so the same applies here surely

And someone posted a printed hand out that they got from the job centre and it said if they registered here they would not need to bring in a hand written register of jobs applied for but thats assuming this new site has every job in the world advertised on it and as we can see it's just the same as the old job seekeres direct website showing only jobs advertied on the dwp site not linking it to any other sites at all.
    So we are still going to have to write down all the other jobs we apply for and that then in itself is a lie when they say you do not have to do so. Maybe I will ask if I get a similar letter given to me.
    Some jobs do link to external websites.

I believe on Universal Jobmatch account you can write up & add jobs/steps you did elsewhere.

So you'd have to manually write up jobs on your UJ account, jobs applied for on Reed & other websites.
  • john539
    john539 Posts: 16,966 Forumite
    Jobcentres are giving out green leaflet (doc no: UJCUST) about Universal Jobmatch.

Nothing on it suggests its mandatory.
  • The future will probably be run off the internet then they will be able to sell off all the job centres to raise some revenue.:eek:
  • Miss_tbc wrote: »
    The future will probably be run off the internet then they will be able to sell off all the job centres to raise some revenue.:eek:

I think they have already said as much. Doesn't make this website any more justified though. Websites can be run fairly and in a way that respects people's private data. Don't stand for it!
  • MagWag
    MagWag Posts: 35 Forumite
    I have been trying to get into the new site all morning but every time I click the 'start' button I get a page with this message: HTTP Error 400. A request header field is too long.

Anyone else having this problem?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport