Talktalk Speedy Payment Discount ending - but claim £45 freebie for compensation!

Hi all

Not sure if many of you with Talktalk use this Speedy Payment Discount - I've always used it and saved typically an extra £30-£40 a year.

On my bill email this morning there was a note to say they are ending the Speedy Payment Discount scheme on December 1.

However there's also a very small note at the bottom of the small print to say "we are offering you a goodwill gesture with this discount ending, click here for details". When you click there it just says to ring Talktalk customer services to get your goodwill gesture.

So I've rung them just now, and they offered me either 3 months free Entertainment Extra boost worth £45 (60 extra channels) or 3 months full Sky Movies (usually £45) for £4.50, so I went for the free one, as compensation for the 10% speedy discount ending.

Is definitely worth a phone call, although the staff weren't aware what the offers were so I had to wait while they read through their emails!

Comments

• that's handy , but what about if you do not get a TV service off them?

surely the deals/offers/goodwill gestures should be related to the the products you subscribe to
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    HI EnfieldFreddy,

You would need to call in to see what offers are available to you in light of the changes. If you follow the instructions on the notification email it will tell you how to do this.

Cheers

Mark
    Social Customer Care Team
    TalkTalk
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Raimonds
    Raimonds Posts: 240 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    HI EnfieldFreddy,

You would need to call in to see what offers are available to you in light of the changes. If you follow the instructions on the notification email it will tell you how to do this.

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk

I also received the bill email from TalkTalk yesterday mentioning an offer as a goodwill gesture with a link http://talktalk.co.uk/exclusivespeedyoffer

When I clicked the link, I was prompted to sign into my TalkTalk account and landed on page with a note "Sorry...
    We seem to be having a technical issue. Please try again later or you can call our customer service team on 0870 444 1820"

Can You tell me, if this will be fixed and there will be some offer via this link from email?

Thanks!
  • From December, TalkTalk customers will lose a 10% discount they currently enjoy for paying bills promptly...
    Read the full story:

TalkTalk to axe 'speedy' payment discount

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.
  • pjread
    pjread Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I get the impression they're only really after triple-play customers now; I know I'm off. Probably to VM, although their CS is I suspect as rubbish as a few years ago when I left them (whatever happened to FTTP...)
  • bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Off to VM we go.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Raimonds wrote: »
    I also received the bill email from TalkTalk yesterday mentioning an offer as a goodwill gesture with a link http://talktalk.co.uk/exclusivespeedyoffer

When I clicked the link, I was prompted to sign into my TalkTalk account and landed on page with a note "Sorry...
    We seem to be having a technical issue. Please try again later or you can call our customer service team on 0870 444 1820"

Can You tell me, if this will be fixed and there will be some offer via this link from email?

Thanks!

Hi Raimonds,

Looks like you clicked that at a time we had maintenance conducted on My Account. However you can still contact the loyalty teams to discuss your offers in light of the change to Speedy Payment.

Cheers

Mark
    TalkTalk
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,095 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Now that the Speedy Payment discount is going I am also looking for a new supplier. My account is an old Aol one phone/broadband - no TV although they insisted on sending me a box which is gathering dust.

Where is my contract finish date hidden on Myaccount?

My hesitation in moving is that I don't want to loose my email address - is there a way of keeping it?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • I have just renewed my contract took me ages to get my new deal was told they only do 18 month contracts but told them they were doing 12 month contracts for m
    New customers eventually renewed on a 12 month contract but was never told about the speedy payment ending. Or I would have moved to another provider.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure