EE-At Stalemate.What Next.Help Please

2»

Comments

• simax
    simax Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    d123 wrote: »
    CISAS is the 'ombudsman' for EE complaints...

Actually this is incorrect. EE no longer use CISAS. They now use "Ombudsman Services". This changed about 2 weeks ago.
    I spent 25 years in the mobile industry, from 1994 to 2019. Worked for indies as well as the big networks, in their stores also in contact centres. I also hold a degree in telecoms engineering so I like to think I know what I’m talking about 😂
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    diamonds wrote: »
    Ofcom must record a complaint when asked, not investigate, but record.

"Ofcom does not investigate individual consumer complaints. *The information you give us is used to identify trends and can lead to us investigating a particular company's behaviour*"

It is always preferable to note any complaint under a reference number for the above reason, it also helps get higher attention, and 'ombudsman' services like all bases covered as much as a court.

It amazes me is MSE and others do not ask for complaints against anywhere to be recorded with relevant regulators, they may not investigate but all complaints should be recorded with any regulator.

So it just goes to statistics? Exactly how would that help the OP? And how would complaining to OFCOM and then emailing Olaf Swantee help?

If you want to give advice, give the correct advice, which is to follow the complaints process until deadlock or 8 weeks have passed and then go to the ombudsman with a complaint. It's simples...
    simax wrote: »
    Actually this is incorrect. EE no longer use CISAS. They now use "Ombudsman Services". This changed about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of the change, will remember for the future..
    ====
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    It also works. I've recently done it for the third time with EE. Too many red herrings as usual.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 7 October 2015 at 12:52PM
    So it just goes to statistics? Exactly how would that help the OP? And how would complaining to OFCOM and then emailing Olaf Swantee help?

If you want to give advice, give the correct advice, which is to follow the complaints process until deadlock or 8 weeks have passed and then go to the ombudsman with a complaint. It's simples...

Thanks, I hadn't heard of the change, will remember for the future..

That statistic is how Ofcom register problems and thus investigations and fines, the code of conduct for complaints does not override a right to complain to a companies final and legally bound officer - the Chief Executive, who holds more power than any of his underdog departments.

A ombudsman cannot throw out a Chief Executive decision as non compliance about a complaint procedure because legally it is the CE who is accountable to you the other party of a contract, not a code of conduct which has very little legal standing in comparison.

It also cuts down the waiting period for deadlock before 8 weeks, should said company not play ball.

In America a CODE is legislative, dont be confused with American english and British.
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • d123
    Too many red herrings as usual.

Enough red herrings and mumbo jumbo in the post below yours (and above this one) to fill a North Sea trawler...
    ====
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Enough red herrings and mumbo jumbo in the post below yours (and above this one) to fill a North Sea trawler...

liabilities of a Chief Executive...

The Companies Act 2006
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • d123
    diamonds wrote: »
    liabilities of a Chief Executive...

The Companies Act 2006

Which has got absolutely nothing to do with the OPs problem or a simple and coherent explanation of the what they need to fix their problem.

This isn't the diamonds show for you to just post anything that seems remotely connected to try and look clever.
    ====
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 7 October 2015 at 4:41PM
    Which has got absolutely nothing to do with the OPs problem or a simple and coherent explanation of the what they need to fix their problem.

This isn't the diamonds show for you to just post anything that seems remotely connected to try and look clever.

A CEO is responsible to resolve any contract issue with a supplier, consumer or otherwise.

This is neither a place for you to dispute someones legal rights show, bare that in mind.

Ofcom Complaints of Code Conduct is statute for telecom licence holders ONLY, not consumers who have alternative means within law, the same reason the company that does Ombudsman Services/CICAS cannot dispute a matter of current legislation but only rule within it, its a dispute resolution service not a legal one, and not a service any consumer has to use and not one that can set aside evidence as not suitable legally challenged to a CE by a contracted party.

TCA 2006 implemented alot of civil/common law actions against corporate bodies over to it.
  • diamonds
    Debt-free and Proud!
    No please, you might think it's the Diamonds Show, but please keep your clothes on...

Perhaps you should be in spirit of the board instead of distracting away from my point/s because you have nothing better to do since you cannot pull me to bits any further, its not myself that's unravelling

Some informative reading for you at the bottom of the page in 2 PDF files http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ga-scheme/general-conditions/customer-code-practice/

Perhaps you can be so kind as to tell us where all it states a complaint cannot be made to CE office after the inital front line contact before the 8 week deadlock period in the Regulators published literature ?
  • 20aday wrote: »
    May I enquire as to what phone you have and if you have Wi-Fi at home?

Depending on your phone you may be able to use Wi-Fi Calling. EE used to have a Signal Box (similar to Vodafone's Sure Signal) but it looks like the product has been removed from sale to new customers.

EE still supply signal boxes where necessary but these are now free of charge. Obviously this would only solve the problem at home but that would be a start.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure