Moved to cornwall... need to make friends!

Comments

• Gemie18
    Gemie18 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 10 November 2014 at 11:40AM
    newbie1980 wrote: »
    google brings up many things and as title is worded it could have been inputted into google hence how she found the thread

Thank you very much Newbie.

(Text removed by MSE Forum Team)
  • sacha28
    sacha28 Posts: 881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Gemie and loztrodders I moved to Cornwall 3 months ago and still have no friends :( I have made the beginnings of friendships at work but we all do shift work so it's very difficult to tally up our time off to meet up!! I also need to find some little friends for my 2 year old as he's gone from seeing his friends most days to not having any and he's becoming very clingy.

I have no idea why I'm finding it so hard to make friends, I'm very sociable normally!!
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    I live near Liskeard and am happy to meet up with anyone new to the area :) It'd be great to meet people who I have something in common with.
    I have 2 older children (well, not old, but they are 14 and 10). I run a cleaning agency, so self-employed and trying to be as MSE as possible :)
    I drive but wouldn't want to drive a long distance to meet up.
    I'm single and in my 30s (this sounds too much like a dating advert, LOL!).
  • sacha28 wrote: »
    Gemie and loztrodders I moved to Cornwall 3 months ago and still have no friends :( I have made the beginnings of friendships at work but we all do shift work so it's very difficult to tally up our time off to meet up!! I also need to find some little friends for my 2 year old as he's gone from seeing his friends most days to not having any and he's becoming very clingy.

I have no idea why I'm finding it so hard to make friends, I'm very sociable normally!!

Oh no sorry to hear that, I've literally been here 1 week and would love to meet new people. Where abouts do you live? I'm 23! I haven't even got a job yet!! X
  • Kernow666
    Kernow666 Posts: 3,480 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    i'm in cornwall as well although lived here since birth , anyone needing any advice feel free to ask ( am near Falmouth )
    "If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane"
  • Belenus
    Belenus Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 1 December 2014 at 6:04PM
    Gemie18 wrote: »
    Hello can anyone help me, I've just moved to Cornwall and would like to make some friends before I lose my mind!! I would like someone to be able to help me find my feet! X
    Have you looked at the bottom of your legs?

If either you or the op still want to seek out new friends, have you considered pub quizzes or music nights at local pubs?

If you like quizzes go along as a couple to one at a nearby pub and see if you can join another couple to make a team. You will soon get to know likeable people and then who knows.

Or, if you are musical, go to an open mike night or music night at a pub.

People are usually very friendly at such events.
    A man walked into a car showroom.
    He said to the salesman, “My wife would like to talk to you about the Volkswagen Golf in the showroom window.”
    Salesman said, “We haven't got a Volkswagen Golf in the showroom window.”
    The man replied, “You have now mate".
  • If I could live anywhere in England it would be Cornwall.

Why?

Palm trees! I've seen enough, I want to live there.
  • I stumbled across this thread while looking for ways to meet people in Cornwall. I've very recently moved to the area and have definitely struggled with leaving my friends behind, especially with a fiance who works away Monday-Friday! I'm 27 years old, live on the north coast and work in Falmouth. Would be lovely to talk to/meet other newbies! :)
  • I am in a similar situation although have lived here for a while. Looking to meet new people
  • deeaka
    deeaka Posts: 8 Forumite
    I can be your friend :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills