Buy a Yaris and save £88K.
  • agrinnall wrote: »
    Buy a Yaris and save £88K.

or a Dacia and save £94k :-)
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Is the salesman called Mr Roarke and he has a small guy called Tattoo helping him?
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    or a Dacia and save £94k :-)

Dark Matter owns a Yaris, hence the Yaris reference.

He also owns an M3 and various other exotica. But those are on Gran Turismo on his PS4, not in real life. :rotfl:
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    Wasnt it some sort of Lexus he told us all on here he'd bought? "Picking up the keys to this baby on Friday" with a link to the car on the dealers website.

Turned out all to be nonsense as someone on here rang the dealer and the car was still fully available.

Thats the sort of fantascist we're dealing with here.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    debunked wrote: »
    Is the Competition Package (CP) worth the extra £3k? There is no power upgrade but the salesman says the CP model comes with lightweight forged alloy wheels and lower, revised suspension, and uprated limited slip differential. For £3k this doesn't sounds too bad, but not sure how it translates into the real world in terms of driving?
    As I want an auto, I have not choice but to choose the DCT gearbox, which I have been told is actually a manual but changes the gears automatically for you? One more thing, is it worth upgrading to the M Carbon Ceramic brakes? It is a £6k option but would it improve braking safety over the standard ones?

Where do you live, what are the main types of road you drive on, how do you drive? I live in a rural county with some of the best twisty B roads and unclassified roads in the UK and I like to go for a spirited drive on them as much as I can. For that I have a MX5. For the normal driving to work, tramping down the motorway stuff I use my Mondeo. If you're hardly ever going to be going B road blasting there's no point. If you live anywhere near London there's no point.

There's a reason it is called the competition pack and unless you can already drive a M3 to the limit then there's no advantage in getting it. If this is your first performance car, especially a M3, there is definitely no reason to get it because even as standard you'll run out of balls long before you reach the limit of the car.
  • Dont-Feed-the-Trolls.jpg

DM has moved on to one of his alter egos, pity MSE don`t ban him and the other Troll on here.
  • motorguy
    Forumite
    Tarambor wrote: »
    Where do you live, what are the main types of road you drive on, how do you drive? I live in a rural county with some of the best twisty B roads and unclassified roads in the UK and I like to go for a spirited drive on them as much as I can. For that I have a MX5. For the normal driving to work, tramping down the motorway stuff I use my Mondeo. If you're hardly ever going to be going B road blasting there's no point. If you live anywhere near London there's no point.

There's a reason it is called the competition pack and unless you can already drive a M3 to the limit then there's no advantage in getting it. If this is your first performance car, especially a M3, there is definitely no reason to get it because even as standard you'll run out of balls long before you reach the limit of the car.

Well his current M3 gets some track use

gran_turismo_6___bmw_m3___nordschleife_by_mangatuner2009-d8grggh.jpg

As well as night time driving

bmw-m3-challenge-screenshot.jpg

And also some round town work

4eb4c82d60f018acd3248dedd96992682c825b92bd1b8ba4cf49a0f14ab0f1c3.jpg

Also ends up in some dodgy areas as hes a Gangster by trade

c3433b38179d66445cbaa066706333dab09f413b57e4f84392517fada6da1e08.jpg
  • motorguy wrote: »
    Wasnt it some sort of Lexus he told us all on here he'd bought? "Picking up the keys to this baby on Friday" with a link to the car on the dealers website.

Turned out all to be nonsense as someone on here rang the dealer and the car was still fully available.

Thats the sort of fantascist we're dealing with here.

That's the one. I called them, and very nearly went to test drive the car just for fun.

Lexus IS250SE iirc.
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,684
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    He has been Debunked
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport