Declared bankrupt still getting threatened with c

Options
I was recently declared bankrupt last month so I know it’s not been that long but I’m still receiving letters from debtors threatening court action. I’ve also had sherif officers at my door. I know due to the bad weather there was probably a delay with letters going out to my debtors but I’ve only received confirmation from one of my debts that they are no longer looking for their money due to me going bankrupt. I have been sent a pile of paperwork from the bankruptcy people telling me I am now bankrupt however I’m not sure what sheet I should send to my debtors if any?
Can anybody confirm if I can send a copy of my paperwork to debtors and if so what sheet is it they will be looking for as there is a fair few sheets in it.

Thanks in advance for any reply’s that help !!!128515;

Comments

• haggis0073
    haggis0073 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    your OR will write to your creditors letting them know of your BR. It can take a while for all creditors to update there systems.

In the mean time you can print off a copy of your Bankruptcy Order and send that in to them, you can post it, email it or if you ring the creditors up you can explain you have gone bankrupt and give them the bankruptcy number (this will also be on your bankruptcy order sheet)

To obtain your bankruptcy order, just log back into the bankruptcy portal and you will see all the documents in there
  • lilly153
    lilly153 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned one of my debtors today who have a deduction of earns already in place and they are saying they haven!!!8217;t received any paper work at all. It!!!8217;s nearly been 4 weeks so think it might just be faster to send the letters myself as AIB said they sent all letters the day after I was declared bankrupt.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The response to everyone who contacts you about debts accrued up to the point you declared bankrupt:

I declared bankrupt, my case number is XXX of YYYY. These are the OR's contact details, in accordance with UK bankruptcy law I cannot legally discuss the matter with you any further and all further correspondence must be directed to the OR.
  • philnicandevan
    Options
    and usually can take 8wks + depending on OR's office caseload to send information out to creditors
    Not quite a newbie as you think ;);) (the member formally known as philnicandamy!)

FINALLY a qualified CAB debt caseworker 2015..:p
    BSC 58 :D
  • Moos_Mummy
    Options
    Hi
    I was declared bankrupt back in October and I'm still getting weekly letters from my creditors saying what I owe and threatening me with defaults/collection agencies etc. It's been 5 months now! I'm just ignoring them all for now.
    MM
  • Maverick1103
    Options
    Hi,

I was declared BR on 19th February, so pretty recent, I've had a few letters and phone calls from my creditors and I've just simply called them up given them the BR ref number (which a great feeling) and all of them so far have said they'll pass the information on to the relevant dept within their company.

If I was you I'd do the same, one call will help, or write to them, it will save anymore agro.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure