PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well done Dizzy.

Job search done, but nothing new to apply for. Still waiting for collection of equipment so dogs have not been walked.

Will see what I can do from the list before lunch.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    roundtuit wrote: »
    I don't know why ringing the garage is such a big deal for me - I use the village garage, grew up with the owner, had a Saturday job there when I was doing my A-levels and they are always lovely.
    Roundtuit my friend, if we could see the logic behind these fears, we could logic the fear away. I'd sooner cut my leg off with a rusty bread knife than speak to someone on the phone (doesn't matter if I've made the call or they've called me, I PANIC big time).

Anyways - I'm in as much as I can, as ever. I threw the Dys0n round the bungalow yesterday, and I blitzed the kitchen this morning - even WUDUPA - before I knew Valli had put the kitchen as Room of the Day; all because we had the council inspection today.

Anyways, long story short, he's been, and we shall be licenced for another year. :T I rather think I may have bored him silly with all the pictures of dogs (I had to show my booking register, and demonstrate that I have all the relevant information about my guests to hand, including emergency contact and who their vet is). I probably burbled a lot cos I was so nervous; but he clearly considers me a suitable person to look after other peoples' dogs, and that's what counts. :o
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    We are having one of those 'I'm tired so I'm going to scream non-stop until you jump off a bridge or put me in the bin' days from Twinkle.. I am almost at bridge point!! 4 hours of non-stop screaming is stupid... I did put her to bed.. she squeezed out a poop so I had to get her up again.

1 ebeast item packaged..

Would it be utterly mean to put her in her coat and strap her in the pushchair because she will be asleep in minutes? (My hallway is freezing, I wouldn't bake her!) She slept for 4 hours last time I did that, quite by accident.. OH called as I was going out and I spent 10 minutes trying to send him an email.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    one.. sleeping.. baby..

TFFT !!!!

My brain is fried and my nerves shot.. tea and food I think!
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,423 Forumite
    pigpen wrote: »
    We are having one of those 'I'm tired so I'm going to scream non-stop until you jump off a bridge or put me in the bin' days from Twinkle.. I am almost at bridge point!! 4 hours of non-stop screaming is stupid...
    Would it be utterly mean to put her in her coat and strap her in the pushchair because she will be asleep in minutes?

No. Do it. Now!

ETA - Just seen that she has dropped off without need for my advice!

More boxes washed.
    Desk cleared.
    Text sent to workman.
    Duvet cover folded with DH's help
    Lunch made and eaten.
    Not much else achieved.
    Now off out with Rosie to class.
  • pigpen
    Iona.. she is a turd.. She is horrible when she is hungry like OH and horrible when she is tired, .. not at all like me :p ... and given she doesn't eat or sleep if she can help it we have a very grumpy little girl most of the time.

I've had food and a cuppa so I feel almost human.. so now I shall go attempt something useful.

I peeled a thing off the wall in DD3's new room and found.... a blooming great hole in my wall... fuming!!!! Anyway, it is now filled .. and the smaller one covered by Mr T tape! so I shall sand that a bit.. I am waiting for my glitter delivery which should be tomorrow and I shall crazk on with Meems room.. DS2 wants blue but I am thinking his may be greyed or cream with blue accessories.. it is MY house after all. Bless him, he even makes his bed in a morning! It is a new thing.. and he has no junk piled on his bed.. and his room is tidy.... he needs a bin though.. I shall add it to my immense shopping list!

Off to try on a dress, see if my weight loss enables me to fit in it!
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Aagh haven't yet watched CTM yet as we were out last night, but had an inkling of the outcome from someone on FB. Oh well best to be prepared.

So far today I've been to the gym.
    So sunny I had the sunroof open on the way home then went for a walk round the garden, which I haven't been round for a month. Crocus, hellebore, primrose, pulmonaria are out, buds everywhere and a blue tit was going in and out of a nest box, clearly furnishing it.
    Rang a friend who is just out of hospital.
    Vacuumed kitchen, hall and stairs.
    Read solar meter and put reading on web site.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Food got and put away

Piggers, I am glad you are getting some peace while someone else is sleeping, good luck on the dress fitting.

LW glad you passed the inspection

Off to do some volunteering work, as I could not go because of the snow, best ring the people first and check they are in..........
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    LW - glad the inspection went well.

The WM is now on the hottest wash to clean it through, and I have a very sparkly cutlery drawer. Still no flippin collection.

Back to the list - for which I am very grateful, honest.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    DH just text to say he won't hear about the job for a couple of weeks as there have been a couple of late applications that the top boss wants to review and possibility interview candidates from.

What are deadlines for applications set for? Humph...

I've Decluttered lunch and a cuppa and sorted through my make-up caddy. Several old items flung.

Well done on getting relicenced LW. Glad the council chap could see how well you care for the dogs x

Oh dear, my mood has dropped. Why does the smallest setback feel like a mountain to climb sometimes?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure