PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got a brand new black wavy scarf , and 2 silver necklaces today, all for £1 each .Bargain !! 😁
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • scottishminnie
    Options
    I don't normally post in this thread nor have I found a bargain on a charity shop but given the previous chat on B&H gift sets I had to share with you........

I'm currently in the US on holiday and nipped into a well known pharmacy today. I was highly amused at a huge display of said B&H gift sets proudly claiming to be "luxury gifts sets from an iconic British brand". The prices looked to be on a par with what id expect to pay for a certain other iconic British brand. Perhaps they've found an untapped market across the pond :D
    NO FARMS = NO FOOD
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I don't normally post in this thread nor have I found a bargain on a charity shop but given the previous chat on B&H gift sets I had to share with you........

I'm currently in the US on holiday and nipped into a well known pharmacy today. I was highly amused at a huge display of said B&H gift sets proudly claiming to be "luxury gifts sets from an iconic British brand". The prices looked to be on a par with what id expect to pay for a certain other iconic British brand. Perhaps they've found an untapped market across the pond :D

Oh no, people will be so disappointed and will think that we actually believe that stuff to be luxurious.

I nipped into town yesterday to look at one of the CS furniture shops and the kids wanted to looking in the other CS shops, we saw several B&H gift sets and random single items too.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

If it’s CVS, I’ve found Boots own brand (not No 7) had the same status and premium price. This was in Vegas, over 10 years ago....
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My bargain of the week started about a month ago, when I saw a pair of rather lurid yellow canvas trainers, which turned out to fit. Mine for 99 pence, but with my creaky feet, ankles, knees, hips, & general disinclination to exercise, I needed to add pretty serious insoles.
    Yesterday Asda had reduced their scholl stuff by a hearty margin & I now have a pair of truly noone in their right mind would want to nick them trainers I can wear without crippling myself.

Himself trumped it easily. A cs had tried to auction a refurbished fancy watch. Noone else had recognised it, or fancied it, or bid. So they reduced the opening bid & I got a phone call. Yes! The joy of online banking was I had the Christmas money switched into right account in moments. Himself is now wandering around wearing a proper watch & beaming. At last, peace of earth & goodwill to all men (and other carbon based lifeforms)!
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dig for Victory - those trainers are crying out to be decorated! I'm going to a local town today and will have a detour into any CS that are open. It's a market town on the commuter belt and I've had some super bargains in the past so quite hopeful!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ulp. A very good point. Will hand them to artistic son with a sharpie & see what happens.
    At least he's not into glitter & unicorns. Last I checked, Cthulu. Should be interesting...
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I spotted several B&H sets today...

Several bargains:
    M&S fleecy robe for DNiece, bright pink age 13-14, she's 9 in a couple of weeks but she is growing like a weed! £3.25 from BHF
    2 BNWT Kaliko drapey jersey tops, greyish purple & teal £2.50 each from Mind
    Joules shirt for me in a ditsy print - 99p in hospice shop :)

BTW as we are approaching 7,400 posts since 2012 should we maybe have a new thread?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • misfire
    misfire Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 January 2018 at 5:53PM
    Options
    Love a good charity shop bargain! haven't posted for ages went to a local town today, loads of charity shops, thought there would be loads of good pickings after christmas, unwanted gifts but nooooo lots of very overpriced stuff but no major bargains - got 4 pairs of trousers for my daughter for £1 each, including some school ones so that saved the day! (others were pink next jeans, blue next jeans and asda leggings) Am going to go back over this thread, read all your amazing bargains and make sure i look better when I go to charity shops lol
    Debt free May 2016 (without the support of MSE forum users that would never have been possible - thank you all)
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    only 2 skinny belts at a £! each but i get through them quickly and begrudge paying shop prices for something no one sees!
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure