Best Premier Current Accounts Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Craped
    Options
    I've been with the RBS for the past few years now and the Royalties Gold package at £12.95 a month seems to pay for it's-self for me..

The top 2 features for me are:

1. 25% off concert /theatre tickets which seems to almost cover the annual cost on it's own.

2. The travel service which at 10% off brings them broadly into-line with the various cashback offerings on-line, but has the advantage of being sold as a 'package' holiday. 10% off airfares can also be quite a saver..

I've never had cause to use the travel insurance, but the mobile phone insurance paid out for me pretty painlessly when I lost my iPhone and their home emergency cover replaced our central heating pump without hassle when it packed up last weekend.

So.. if you go to gigs/the theatre or travel a lot, it's worth looking into IMHO

To add to previous post, this account will be changed this December for existing customers. Any recommendations for alternative accounts providing home and car breakdown cover including mobile phone insurance?
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Craped wrote: »
    To add to previous post, this account will be changed this December for existing customers. Any recommendations for alternative accounts providing home and car breakdown cover including mobile phone insurance?
    Not sure about home breakdown, but Smilemore (from Smile) does car breakdown, mobile phone and other 'gadget insurance' as one of the options, and travel insurance for £13 per month.
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • rusty_frog
    Options
    I've been with the RBS for the past few years now and the Royalties Gold package at £12.95 a month seems to pay for it's-self for me..

The top 2 features for me are:

1. 25% off concert /theatre tickets which seems to almost cover the annual cost on it's own.

2. The travel service which at 10% off brings them broadly into-line with the various cashback offerings on-line, but has the advantage of being sold as a 'package' holiday. 10% off airfares can also be quite a saver..

I've never had cause to use the travel insurance, but the mobile phone insurance paid out for me pretty painlessly when I lost my iPhone and their home emergency cover replaced our central heating pump without hassle when it packed up last weekend.

So.. if you go to gigs/the theatre or travel a lot, it's worth looking into IMHO

Hi,
    Not sure if you are aware, but RBS are dropping various benefits from the Royalties Gold package from next year.
    I received an email last week informing me of the following:-

Ticket Booking Service, Accidental Death Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Home Emergency Service, and discounts and preferential rates on a fixed list of our other products will no longer be offered as part of Royalties Gold.

I had a little moan by posting a thread to the effect elsewhere on MSE.
    I agree that this was, for me, a good 'premier' account.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!

• latecomer
    latecomer Posts: 4,321 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Craped wrote: »

The Halifax ultimate reward looks like the best option if you want home emergency cover included. This is the one benefit that I dont want to lose and hence will be closing/downgrading my RBS account early next year.
  • Any
    Any Posts: 7,944 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,
    I am planning 2 trips in the next 12 months that I need worldwide travel insurance for. As I have First Direct first account, I thought I will look at their First directory..
    Martin's article says their phone insurance won't cover Iphone.. but I cannot see where it states that?? I've read through the whole policy, but it doesn't mention anything about Iphones? Anyone has any idea whether perhaps they changed provider or something?
    http://www1.firstdirect.com/1/2/banking/first-directory
  • newfoundglory
    newfoundglory Posts: 1,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 3 January 2013 at 6:57PM
    Options
    I use HSBC Premier as I meet the requirements for this based on my cash isa deposits (currently at 2.75%). You then also qualify for the preferential regular saver account (was 8%, next one will be 6%)

Personally I am not one for premier or relationship banking (I switched from having a relationship manager to just using the premier call centre - which is brilliant, the best of any bank I have ever used - but do most of my banking online).

'Premier' banking is a bit pretentious in my opinion, but that should not detract from the excellent service and value this account seems to offer.

You get worldwide travel insurance included, can use hsbc branches and premier banking centres worldwide, £500 interest-free overdraft (useful) and £1000 per day cash limit at ATMs. Excellent mortgage offers too (some of the cheapest i've seen)

And there is no fee!
  • Nathanparkes
    Options
    I find it strange that Natwest/RBS are increasing fees on the gold account yet reducing the features. One important change is that handsets no longer need to be registered with them in order to benefit from mobile phone insurance, which is always a plus.
  • ernie-money
    Options
    Any wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am planning 2 trips in the next 12 months that I need worldwide travel insurance for. As I have First Direct first account, I thought I will look at their First directory..
    Martin's article says their phone insurance won't cover Iphone.. but I cannot see where it states that?? I've read through the whole policy, but it doesn't mention anything about Iphones? Anyone has any idea whether perhaps they changed provider or something?
    http://www1.firstdirect.com/1/2/banking/first-directory

Not sure if he means because it only covers phones up to £300? I took it that it meant that they would only pay for the first £300 towards my iphone...
    I don't think I can hang on til Friday...
  • AlanWhiston
    Options
    I have a Premium Account from Santander £20 per month and have had no problems using the services provided including break down cover, mobile phone replacement after it developed a fault, travel insurance and even a Will writing service!
    Think these accounts are no longer available to new customers as they now have the 123 cash back account which the keep encouraging me to open but I am sticking with my paid for account
  • Clive_Woody
    Clive_Woody Posts: 5,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was looking at the Coop Privelage Premier account, but was just wondering if I sign up, is this a long term commitment or can I cancel with 1 months notice if I decide this is no longer suitable for me?

Does anybody know?

Thanks
    :D
    "We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about” – Albert Einstein
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure