Our attempt at being MF!!

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning all. It's sunny here and warming up so hoping for a good day.

Payday for me has arrived, all money shuffled and bills paid. I had some expenses back this month so have paid that straight off the t3sco card.

Builders were here yesterday and due back later. Tiler also finishing off today so all systems go!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT
    Morning!

Really quick update. Tiler finished off on Friday and is due back on Monday or Tuesday. Only problem is the wrong wall tiles were delivered on Friday. Builder was going to try and sort it but no update as yet and i was out all day yesterday for my business. I'll give him a text later to see what the plan is as we're hoping the plumber is booked for the end of the week. He's done all the prep so it's literally just fitting the suite which i would hope wouldn't take more than day or two? Fortunately the garden is almost back to normal, it just needs a lot of grass seed now!

Off to the cinema later with dd at her request. She wants to see Beauty and the Beast which I'm embracing as she never wants to do things like that. Hoping for lots of family time today as was out of the house 6am to 8:30pm yesterday!

Cc paid and sent a other £15 to the t3sco card. Think we've got about £100 for miscellaneous spends left until payday which should be ample with our frugal ways :)
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Enjoy the film :D
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • CathT
    newgirly wrote: »
    Enjoy the film :D

Thanks Newgirly, we both loved it! DD turned to me partway through to tell me how much she was enjoying it :) I was reminded why we don't often go as we spent almost £17 on two tickets :eek: It was with it though.

Havent been as frugal as we hoped this week as also spent nearly £20 in the launderette yesterday. The new appliances are being delivered tomorrow and plumber sue end of the week to fit the shower room but I'd rather he plumbed in the washing machine first. We currently only have an outlet pipe and no other attachments! The tiling will be finished today and then grouted tomorrow and i cant wait to see what the room will look like! I did splash out on a fact towel holder from N3XT for £60 which was a bit indulgent but will finish the room off brilliantly.

Decorator has been delayed until next week which isn't a huge disaster as not planning g to move DD into her new room until the Easter holidays. All that's left to do after the decorating is done is get carpet fitted and buy her a new bed. All her other furniture is stuff we already have. I can't wait to see it furnished though!

75 points on y0ugov yesterday so edging closer to payout on there, were not making many extra ad hoc OP's apart from our regular standing order so be good to see if we can knock off another month or colour in another brick!

Have also sent off my P60 as a student loan payment has been reversed and I don't know where it's gone. Hopefully hmrc have some idea!
  • Muser1
    Muser1 Posts: 795 Forumite
    I love this forum for the anonymity but sometimes I wish it was like inst45ram so I could have a nosey at your extension pics!
    Mortgage Jan 13 99260.00 87253 April 2017
    Emergency fund 700.00
  • CathT
    edited 31 March 2017 at 10:34PM
    Muser1 wrote: »
    I love this forum for the anonymity but sometimes I wish it was like inst45ram so I could have a nosey at your extension pics!

Haha Muser, some people are good at linking them but mine are just on fb.

Well the joiners are plumber were meant to have done their work by now but they've been delayed. Joiners calling tomorrow and plumber Monday so I'm really hoping this is our last weekend living in chaos!

Appliances have arrived but we've kept them packaged up until joiners call tomorrow. Looking forward to getting them in position. It's just a shame we still don't have any pipes to connect the washing machine to as I'd hoped our weekend launderette trips were over!

Have felt particularly tired this week, not had a midweek day off and am back on antibiotics as still got pneumonia symptoms! Have been chasing up my x-ray results all week but they seem to be taking ages to come back. Gp feels i may also need a CT scan so hoping antibiotics do the trick to make me well.

Dh has taken both of her children to football training (ds's first time with this club so hoping he's enjoyed it as some older boys weren't nice to him when he went to a Saturday club recently. Plan for the rest of the evening is to stay awake to enjoy our evening. It's been a busy week and we've had somewhere to be each evening and dh has worked crazy hours. The weekend couldn't come soon enough his week.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sorry you are still not great Cath, hope you feel better soon x
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    :( Re. the tradesmen.

Really sorry to hear you're still not well. :( Hope you make a full recovery soon.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • CathT
    edited 2 April 2017 at 9:09PM
    Thanks newgirly and Alex, the pains have improved so fingers crossed the antibiotics are working. On them for two weeks so hopefully this is me back to good health.still waiting for chest x-ray results but hopefully they will be back tomorrow.

Joiners called yesterday and there appears to be a huge lack of communication. There are several outstanding joinery jobs but he wasn't aware of them all and was only doing the utility room. However, that is done now and the plumber is due tomorrow to fit the suite. Our new appliances are now in situ and tumble dryer is operational. Hoping for the same for the washing machine tomorrow as spent another £7.60 in the launderette yesterday and that was me sitting there doing it myself! :eek:

Bathroom quote also in. We have a tiny bathroom and don't require a shower in there. I had budgeted £2500 and was pleased as thought quote was £2k. That was only the first part though and the total is £4138!! They have charged £330 for shower we don't need and £120 to remove the tiles (which we would do) but even so it's far too much. Am i underestimating bathroom costs? I think the fact we have gone to a builders merchants to select our shower room and seen 'cost' prices has influenced us!

It was cloudy here all day yesterday but sun shining today. Plan is to go and watch DD at her football match and then pop to the zoo. Yesterday went really fast so am hoping today slows down a bit!
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm budgeting £8,000 to complete our bathroom project and my wife and I will be doing the vast majority of the work. We will only be paying tradesmen to change the layout and fit a separate shower unit, the rest we will fit ourselves and will be removing everything. You are going to see a much larger labour bill, so I don't think c.£4,000 is unreasonable if the tradesmen are doing everything including removing tiles.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family