Hamilton/HFC/Endeavour.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Thank you so much for your help;), I am going to get looking through the paperwork again in case I missed anything.
    Hopefully the Adjudicator will get back to me in a day or 2.

The letter i received back from HFC, although again Endeavour logo when asking on HFC involvement they did not mention anything about HFC, so a letter went off to them again which I am waiting for another response, I told them they failed to mention HFC, the first letter I enclosed a copy of that Customer speak form dated 26 July 2004 and asked them what was that in aid of, so waiting for a firm reply now.

This was the first response below.....

Dear Mr & Mrs

Thank you for your letter dated 07 June 2011.

Account number XXXXXXX

The above loan was introduced to Endeavour Personal Finance through your broker at the time Click Finance.
    As we didn't have local branches our business came through brokers who customers initially sourced and the brokers then matched the customer needs to finance companies.

The loan funds and funds for Payment Protection Insurance were borrowed from ourselves and set up as the above loan.

Hamilton Insurance, now known as Direct Group, was the company that managed the Insurance Policy you bought.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Services on 0845 602 8230, Monday to Friday, 9.00 am, who will be pleased to help.

Your sincerely
    Department Manager
    Secured Lending Centre.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    edited 19 June 2011 at 11:31PM
    This is a letter resent to them, its clear and simple.......

For the attention of:

Dear ****** *****/or whoever can deal with this matter.

Your ref:

Account Number:

Thank you for your letter dated 09 June 2011.

Your letter was in regards of a previous letter sent to you dated 07 June 2011.
    Our query was in regards of HFC Bank and the involvement they had prior to receiving the Loan funds.

Your letter confirmed who was who, that we are already aware of.
    Click Finance - The Broker
    Endeavour Personal Finance - The Lender
    Hamilton Insurance (Now Direct Group).

But you have not mentioned HFC Bank’s involvement as requested in our last letter.
    Your colleague who is a Underwriter for HFC bank had spoken to us before the funds were paid to us. Endeavour Personal Finance had arranged for this as procedure, and said the Underwriters would be in touch to speak to both myself and my wife separately. This was of the Loan policy.
    And to finalise everything before the loan was paid to us.

However, we do have documents/paperwork of HFC being the Underwriters.
    We did previously contact Direct Group, who got back to us and said we was to contact you, because even though Hamilton were the Insurer’s of loan, it was HFC bank that are involved in these Loan funding services and not Hamilton. Hamilton would be to contact for such claims for example: Sickness & Unemployment.

I will enclose a copy of the email received from the Customer Service Advisor “***** ***” who states that policies they administer for Hamilton Insurance are sold/arranged via HFC Bank.

Please could you refer back to the previous letter dated 07 June 2011, and as requesting now, just for confirmation of HFC’s involvement. I am aware HFC and Endeavour are part of the same company, but in July 2004 Endeavour Personal Finance did arrange for the Underwriters - as also stated to us HFC Bank would be in touch to finalise everything.
    This will be of some help to us, at the time the loan was taken out in July 2004.

We look forward to your response for as soon as possible, please write or email us on:
    or

Yours sincerely

Mr & Mrs

....................................................................................
    when we contacted Direct Group, this is the response we received.....

Good Morning Mr & Mrs ,

Unfortunately we have been unable to locate any information relating to you on our database from the details provided.

Direct Group are an insurance administration company and we do have some dealings with certain Hamilton Insurance products. However i am afraid we are not aware of the relationship between Click Finance and Hamilton Insurance.

Many of the policies we administer for Hamilton Insurance are sold/arranged via HFC bank. We would normally direct a customer with this type of query to HFC on 0870 0100453.

I am sorry we cannot be of more assistance

Kind Regards

Ama

Customer Service Advisor
    Direct Group Limited

T – 01302 380 300
    E

In my opinion, what Direct Group are saying is that they deal with HFC as they are not aware of any relationship of Click to Hamilton either????
  • magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think a complaint to Hamilton may well elicit a response that HFC sold it as they do not want to be on the hook!
  • di3004
    They do seem to be going from pillar to post with this one.

I have just sent an email to the CEO of the HFC dept, in regards of Endeavour, but am also as well going to email and/or write a letter to send by post to the Hamilton CEO.

Going through paperwork quite late last night, there are a jumble of dates on the underwriters paperwork, some from Click, Endeavour and HFC, the only paperwork I have of Hamilton is that of the PPI policy booklet.

Now I did come across another agreement within the SAR paperwork, could not find this first, this is the lender's copy, yet the date they signed is that of the 5th July, yet we did not go through the application until the 16th July.

So digging into this further, Click Finance issued the application on the 8th of July, they sent the form out to sign with details of the banking mandate on the 16th July.

I really don't have nothing else for the 5 July but the date was done by Endeavour as it being the lender's copy, the only one we have is that - that we signed 30 July.

The house valuation taken place on 21 July.
  • di3004
    edited 20 June 2011 at 1:16PM
    Details of order of dates of the loan process according to the paperwork we have from the SAR.
    However, HFC/Endeavour also sent another copy of the application form via Click Finance a few days ago which we already had a copy of.

Endeavour - Lender Copy of Credit Agreement - 5 July 2004.

Click Finance Application issued - 08/07/2004
    Signed by us - 16 July 2004
    Also signed the banking instruction - 16th July 2004.

Endeavour Personal Finance paperwork (Formal response to Broker - Click Finance application form accepted in principal) - 20 July 2004.

Valuation of house signed document instructed by 1 Click Home loans ltd - 21 July 2004

HFC customer speaks form (done by telephone) - 26 July 2004

Endeavour personal finance - legal charge - 30 July 2004

We signed Endeavour loan Agreement as shown on agreement - 30 July 2004.

They sent the cheque, it was not directly paid by bacs and it cleared 3 August 2004.

Quite confusing on the lender agreement dated 5 July, yet the application did not take place until after that.

However, its a VERY poorly copy, you can read the date they signed it, but hardly out personal details, very faded out indeed.
  • di3004
    Posting more documents to the FOS tomorrow, time is running out, a week Thursday to get everything in.

Just a thought though as I've had to provide further evidence and failed to do so, can this be stopped going as far as the ombudsman, to what I was aware we can still have the case reviewed anyway?
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    di3004 wrote: »
    Details of order of dates of the loan process according to the paperwork we have from the SAR.
    However, HFC/Endeavour also sent another copy of the application form via Click Finance a few days ago which we already had a copy of.

Endeavour - Lender Copy of Credit Agreement - 5 July 2004.

Click Finance Application issued - 08/07/2004
    Signed by us - 16 July 2004
    Also signed the banking instruction - 16th July 2004.

Endeavour Personal Finance paperwork (Formal response to Broker - Click Finance application form accepted in principal) - 20 July 2004.

Valuation of house signed document instructed by 1 Click Home loans ltd - 21 July 2004

HFC customer speaks form (done by telephone) - 26 July 2004

Endeavour personal finance - legal charge - 30 July 2004

We signed Endeavour loan Agreement as shown on agreement - 30 July 2004.

They sent the cheque, it was not directly paid by bacs and it cleared 3 August 2004.

Quite confusing on the lender agreement dated 5 July, yet the application did not take place until after that.

However, its a VERY poorly copy, you can read the date they signed it, but hardly out personal details, very faded out indeed.
    Di, on 5th of July you said Lender copy of credit agreement? Did you get this and did it have anything about PPI? Did it show 240 months or 300 months?

Was it up to the point of HFC Customer speaks thing that ppi was not added and at this point it was added?
  • di3004
    marshallka wrote: »
    Di, on 5th of July you said Lender copy of credit agreement? Did you get this and did it have anything about PPI? Did it show 240 months or 300 months?

Was it up to the point of HFC Customer speaks thing that ppi was not added and at this point it was added?

Hi Marshallka

We only had the copy of the lender agreeement (signed by lender only) not by us - through a SAR. Its a very poorly copy, cannot see the any of the details, its very faint indeed.

We have no evidence of the ppi being added before the HFC customer speaks.
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Di, just found this on the FSA
    1. HFC has been regulated by the FSA since 1 December 2001 , but in relation to its insurance mediation activities, only since 14 January 2005 . It is an authorised person under the Financial Services and Markets Act with permissions to carry out a range of regulated activities.
    http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2008/004.shtml
  • di3004
    edited 21 June 2011 at 10:25AM
    marshallka wrote: »
    Di, just found this on the FSA
    1. HFC has been regulated by the FSA since 1 December 2001 , but in relation to its insurance mediation activities, only since 14 January 2005 . It is an authorised person under the Financial Services and Markets Act with permissions to carry out a range of regulated activities.
    http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/Communication/PR/2008/004.shtml

Thanks Marshallka.

So it doesn't look anymore hopeful then really?

I have now sent off what we do have to the adjudicator by post this morning, not a lot of info really.
    Could this be refused to be reviewed by the ombudsman now then I wonder if lack of evidence?

Think we posted something similar in the resources thread before as well.
    Check this out here, of who underwrites PPI and so on, below I also copied and pasted some details of HFC/Hamilton.

http://www.competition-commission.or...xt/542_2_7.pdf

29. HFC Bank Ltd (HFC) distributed SMPPI, PLPPI and retail credit PPI though the brand ‘Beneficial Finance’ via branches, and through arrangements with retail partners.
    22 On 14 July 2008 it withdrew its single-premium PPI products from sale, and on 6 October 2008 introduced a regular-premium product for customers taking out unsecured loans.
    HBOS plc Annual Report and Accounts 2007, pp16–23.

HSBC Bank plc, Annual Report and Accounts 2007, p4.

22It also used to distribute SMPPI, PLPPI and retail credit PPI through the brands ‘Sterling Credit’ and ‘Endeavour Personal Finance’ by telephone, Internet and brokers.

30. HSBC, M&S Money and First Direct branded PPI was largely underwritten by third parties but a limited portion was underwritten in-house.
    23 The majority of HFC’s PPI business was underwritten in-house until the sale of Hamilton Insurance Company and Hamilton Life Assurance Company to Aviva.24 LifeChoices is underwritten in-house.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport