Couch to 5K support thread.

Comments

• WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    I've just downloaded an app that measures your resting heart rate, measured my BMI and Weight.

Need to do body fat %...I'll do that in the morning, along with measurements :)
  • Thats fine just didn't want to bombard people with stuff they didn't want to know, here goes...

Chest - Place the tape measure around your chest so it runs across your nipples.

Waist - Place the tape measure around your waist so it runs across your tummy button.

Hips - Place the tape measure around your hips at the widest point

Thigh - Place the tape measure around your leg at the highest part of your thigh where it meets your groin.

Upper Arm - Place the tape measure around your upper arm so it touches the highest part of your arm pit.

It makes sense to follow the above as its makes sure you measure in the same place each time. I need to re-measure myself as I just wrapped the measure around my waist not taking any notice which part I was measuring (this was before I got to this part in the book)
  • WantToBeSE wrote: »
    I've just downloaded an app that measures your resting heart rate, measured my BMI and Weight.

Need to do body fat %...I'll do that in the morning, along with measurements :)

Ideally you need to take resting heart rate before you get out of bed.

How will you do body fat? do you have scales that measure it? I was thinking of getting one of those hand held devices, think you can pick those up reasonably. I won't have scales in the house, I did my weight at a shop with son thinking it really funny to shout out the results in the middle of the supermarket :rotfl::o
  • WantToBeSE
    Ah, OK. In that case I'll redo the RHR in the morning, as well as do my measurements.

Yes, my scales do body fat % as well as weight, water % etc

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2989208.htm
  • WantToBeSE
    Ideally you need to take resting heart rate before you get out of bed.

How will you do body fat? do you have scales that measure it? I was thinking of getting one of those hand held devices, think you can pick those up reasonably. I won't have scales in the house, I did my weight at a shop with son thinking it really funny to shout out the results in the middle of the supermarket :rotfl::o

:eek: I would have bl00dy murdered him, :rotfl: Maybe do it alone next time? ;)
    :eek: I would have bl00dy murdered him, :rotfl: Maybe do it alone next time? ;)

:rotfl: I did get some understanding, sympathetic looks from passers by.

At 50p a time perhaps it would be wise to get some scales (I just don't like the temptation to weight myself too often) but at least I could measure my body fat as well.
  • WantToBeSE
    Yeah i think thats a good idea iammumtoone, plus you dont have to go out to get weighed.

I forgot to take my RHR this morning, but I'll do the measurements in a bit.

Are you writing them down? How often are you planning on taking measurements? I am thinking once a month. But i'll weigh weekly.
  • WantToBeSE
    Oh, and good luck to anyone running today!
    Are you writing them down? How often are you planning on taking measurements? I am thinking once a month. But i'll weigh weekly.

Yes I am writing them down in my notebook that I record my runs in so I can look back.

My, running book has spaces for checking every week up to 10 weeks and then monthly, personally I think that's a bit too much and will do monthly. I might start weighing myself every week if I get some scales, at least t I will lose a few lbs first time as no need for clothes when weighing at home :D
  • indesisiv
    indesisiv Posts: 6,359 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    at least t I will lose a few lbs first time as no need for clothes when weighing at home :D

I did that last week. I took my big heavy shoes off, phone and keys out of my pocket. It actually put me in the BMI of healthy for the first time in years. :rotfl:
    Couldn't lose the jeans etc as I was at someone elses house though.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport