PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Saturday 13th January 2018

Comments

• Good afternoon everyone,

Positive, healing & motivating vibes to one and all!

8:00 a.m. did last night’s washing up. I was exceedingly lazy yesterday - cooked twice but really did bu..er all else.
    9:00 a.m. Woke up DH with a smile & a coffee.
    10:00 a.m. Emptied, cleaned & sorted out very deep kitchen drawer. Two items relocated to their proper place, Ravioli Making Kit (still boxed) put in cs bag.
    11:00 a.m. Coffee + toast & jam - empty jar washed & recycled
    12:00 Finished menu plan for the next 7 days & completed shopping list for DH
    12:30 p.m. Another coffee & MSE OS threads reading & writing

The afternoon will be taken up with properly packing the 2 cs bags ready for delivery on Monday, dismantling the �� in which the new compost bin came (DH is currently putting it together), baking (DH has devoured all his biccies & cake).

Have a good day everyone.

MrsSD��
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    We all had a lovely birthday meal out last night and got home late.

Youngest dd, her bf and middle dd and her bf have all gone out for a walk and I will nip out for a few minutes to get ingredients for a home made lasagne for tonight.

Might get some ingredients for tomorrow's lunch as well as I don't know if older dd will arrive later to drive me to a bigger shop or not.

Just had a call from dd and she will get me a joint of beef and some veg for tomorrow and I can get salad and mince with garlic bread from the local shop.

Having a quick mug of soup as forgot to have lunch.

Hugs to all.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,396 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 January 2018 at 4:06PM
    Afternoon all
    Went to see a car today and bought it :eek:. We both liked it ( unusual ) and will pick it up on Monday, so have spent a few hours emptying and cleaning the old one. Didn't realise just how much stuff we had collected, but it needs sorting out before we put all the stuff back again :(.
    Anyway I have done 2 loads in the WM but will have to dry indoors again, because the weather is damp, dreary and it's getting darker by the minute. I have also emptied the DW and put in the breakfast dishes. Mr Fix It is pouring over car manuals and sourcing a new towbar, so he's a happy bunny :rotfl:.
    Tea tonight will be HM burgers found in the freezer, with a salad for me and oven chips for Mr Fix It.
    Nelski if you get a late mark, I'm due a suspension :D. Good luck with the phone training, hope it goes better than mine ;).
    Karcher Are you Ok ? Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.
    Dumpling hope you get things sorted for Becky and Steve gets well soon. This evening take off all your hats and relax, that's an order :D.
    I'm sending the Sandman again to the sleepless, healing vibes to the poorly and hugs all round to everyone. Take care all.
    Sorry I seem to have lost all the smilies again.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Good afternoon everyone,

Positive, healing & motivating vibes to one and all!

8:00 a.m. did last night’s washing up. I was exceedingly lazy yesterday - cooked twice but really did bu..er all else.
    9:00 a.m. Woke up DH with a smile & a coffee.
    10:00 a.m. Emptied, cleaned & sorted out very deep kitchen drawer. Two items relocated to their proper place, Ravioli Making Kit (still boxed) put in cs bag.
    11:00 a.m. Coffee + toast & jam - empty jar washed & recycled
    12:00 Finished menu plan for the next 7 days & completed shopping list for DH
    12:30 p.m. Another coffee & MSE OS threads reading & writing

The afternoon will be taken up with properly packing the 2 cs bags ready for delivery on Monday, dismantling the �� in which the new compost bin came (DH is currently putting it together), baking (DH has devoured all his biccies & cake).

Have a good day everyone.

MrsSD��

NannyWindow, I appear to have lost all my smilies as well!

Have packed the cs bags, dismantled the cardboard box & put the bits out in the recycling bin & am just sending DH to sm. While he is out I will use my last egg to bake him some coconut cookies.

MrsSD:)

Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,230 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Dumpling is there an advocate who will be at Becky's meeting for her if you cannot be there?
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hi chums, I have been out this afternoon with a friend of mine at a library 'meet the author', never did get the name of him, though but the premise was a read aloud group where you read passages of stuff to the person next to you, very odd, but quite entertaining, and free coffee and posh biscuits were offered.

It took my mind off of other things.I think he was an Italian chap, but his accent was quite thick so I can't be sure. Our local libraries in the Medway area do have quite a few thing on and seem to be inundated with authors willing to chat about books.On the 22nd January we have Gerald Seymour doing a talk about his books.

Tonights dinner from the freezer is out and defrosted and I shall put it in the remoska shortly, then its feet up and a bit of knitting and some catch-up TV. Really don't fancy doing much else at the moment

Margaret stayed at her DDs last night and slept for 9 hours ,the longest she has slept since November bless her, she is exhausted poor love.

We shall here after the weekend when the funeral is.

Thanks again chums for all your kind thoughts

JackieO xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,090 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Floss wrote: »
    Dumpling is there an advocate who will be at Becky's meeting for her if you cannot be there?

What Floss said.

I know it sounds extreme but could you refuse to have her come back home? If she doesnt want to come home surely you can come up with a million reasons why you cant have her back....its just a thought...Changing the subject slightly, i hope Steve is better soon.

Shopping bought and put away. I'm leaving Grump to feast on junk tv. Im off to bed to rot.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

Judi.... I have no help with OH, manage on my own. His son rarely calls and to be honest he is too involved with his latest lady friend.
    Judi wrote: »
    What a selfish pig of a man your OH has of a Son Has he never heard the phrase 'many hands make light work?' Thank goodness you have a little help from the people closest to you though you could do with more....Still, physical help we cant give you but online support we can give you by the bucket loads here on this thread.

Many hugs.

It must be a DS thing. I manage life with DH on my own. Things aren't too bad at the moment but I do have be with him 24/7. I don't have any friends, so it can get lonely.
    Thank you for all the support here.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,007 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Evening all.

My morning shopping was brief and productive, although W aitrose seem to have a supply chain problem. Some shelves bare, tons of stuff with YS and three items my DM wanted not in stock! DM wasn't too pleased.

My drive home was really pleasant until the rain arrived. There's lots of low lying cloud or mist around too.

I bought some chicken thighs, forgot sultanas and tin foil, again! They mustn't be important if I keep on forgetting them.

The bird feeders have been filled, lard left out for them as well as some soaked raisins and pieces of apple. It's almost like having children.

My work email inbox was full - students realising that they only have two weeks left and panicking about work not done. Even though I replied to some saying 'I'm away until Saturday' two replied 'but I need to know now'. Pity they didn't pay attention at the time... I don't normally take work with me to DM's as it's her time. It's amazing that they think their schedule is more important than mine.

As I got home so late I haven't bothered to light the woodburner. I'll go to bed shortly, put on the electric blanket and watch TV from there.

My thoughts are with those having a tough time. As someone else said (who?) we can't offer any practical support only virtual support, hope it all helps.
  • NannyWindow, I appear to have lost all my smilies as well!

Have packed the cs bags, dismantled the cardboard box & put the bits out in the recycling bin & am just sending DH to sm. While he is out I will use my last egg to bake him some coconut cookies.

Coconut biccies baked. DH back from sm & all groceries put away & food lists updated.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure