Has Tesco Bank been hacked?

Options
Hi,

I've just had a text message from Tesco about my credit card being cancelled due to a security problem.

It looks legit, as on their website (https://yourcommunity.tescobank.com/t5/News/A-message-to-our-Credit-Card-customers/td-p/15575) is the same message.

Has anyone heard anything about this? I can't find anything in the news. leaving customers without their cards for 9-11 days is a very odd thing to do to customers.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All card issuers suffer some kind of a breach, or suspected breach, from time to time.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they have been 'hacked', though it's possible the breach was theirs.
  • pinkzebra
    pinkzebra Posts: 385 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello,
    I have just received one of these text messages as well. My card has been cancelled :mad: Normally when there is suspected fraudulent activity, they phone me and check my transactions. They did not do this today. I phoned them and they said that a "large number" of their customers have been affected, and there is nothing they can do. New card is coming in 9 working days. I am going abroad next week. I am so mad about this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That' fine - go abroad and keep your card active.
    And come home to a large unsolicited bill....
  • pinkzebra
    Options
    !!! wrote: »
    That' fine - go abroad and keep your card active.
    And come home to a large unsolicited bill....

Im not angry that they have cancelled my card, I am angry because the lady on the phone said it would take 9 working days to get another one. I just think this is an unacceptable amount of time for people to wait - especially around Christmas.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    pinkzebra wrote: »
    Im not angry that they have cancelled my card, I am angry because the lady on the phone said it would take 9 working days to get another one. I just think this is an unacceptable amount of time for people to wait - especially around Christmas.

And if they promised you 3 working days, then it didn't arrive what then?

You'd be complaining.

So... :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family