Re: Notification of a Customer Compliance officer's visit 'JobCentrePlus

Hi

Has anyone had one of these recently?

I received a letter on Thursday Advising me of a visit that needed to be taken place from a Customer Compliance Officer or my local Job Centre.

It reads.....

"We need to vist you to discuss a query that has arisen concerning your claim to benfit.

I am on income support and I am not working on the side, I live on my own and have no-one staying with me at night ect.

Has anyone else had one of these letters/interviews and should I be worried?

Comments

• TheWaltons_3
    TheWaltons_3 Posts: 1,203 Forumite
    scragley1 wrote: »

Has anyone else had one of these letters/interviews and should I be worried?

If I were you, I would only worry if I had done something wrong.
  • Morglin
    Morglin Posts: 15,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It probably means someone has reported you for something (which happens a lot).:rolleyes:

Take any paperwork with you, and just tell them the truth.

Lin :)
    You can tell a lot about a woman by her hands..........for instance, if they are placed around your throat, she's probably slightly upset. ;)
  • fairycake
    fairycake Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi, I had this happen to me last year and it made me ill with worry , over nothing as apparently this is a routine thing now and just basically checking that you are complying and also to see if you are getting all that you should be.

As Linn says in her post, it could also be a possiblity that someone has reported you.

Good luck.
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    There is only generally something to worry about if you have been asked to attend an interview under caution.

Often customer compliance visits are routine & just to check you are who you say you are & are claiming the correct benefits.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • am a single mum and have just a letter from cutomer compliance worded" we are updating your details and need to see you to review the information we currently hold etc !" My friend immediatedly said thats a fraud interview! It does not mention "under caution" and the woman I spoke to said it was just a regular thing! can anyone shed any light on this before I tear my hair out with worry please.
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    am a single mum and have just a letter from cutomer compliance worded" we are updating your details and need to see you to review the information we currently hold etc !" My friend immediatedly said thats a fraud interview! It does not mention "under caution" and the woman I spoke to said it was just a regular thing! can anyone shed any light on this before I tear my hair out with worry please.

It is probably just a rounine check, they are very commonplace now. If it was a fraud interview you would be called in for an interview under caution.
  • hey guys, advice and help needed

ive just received a letter in the post stating that a customer compliance officer will be visiting my home next week, is it something i need to worry about, only just moved to peterborough and been on JSA for 20 months now and ive done nothing to compremise the rules or have i?

any help/advice is greatly recieved
    thanx
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    stubby316 wrote: »
    hey guys, advice and help needed

ive just received a letter in the post stating that a customer compliance officer will be visiting my home next week, is it something i need to worry about, only just moved to peterborough and been on JSA for 20 months now and ive done nothing to compremise the rules or have i?

any help/advice is greatly recieved
    thanx

It is probably just a routine check, most of them are.
  • healy wrote: »
    It is probably just a routine check, most of them are.

thanx, i got me fingers crossed it is as its completely out the blue and has me worried
  • Hi people sorry to continue this thread but im a bit confused:

I am self employed and have been for a few years, ive have had surgery 2 times to replace my hips and sockets due to a hip disease and will require another as and when the other hip fails(could be today, tomorrow no one nows) im also due minor surgery in april for a problem caused from hip surgery.

Today i received a letter from A Mr L pace from jobcentre plus customer compliance and im a bit cofused,
    He wants to visit me as he says a query has arisen.
    i have a mobility vehicle, working tax credits and i have help with my rent as i am on a low income.

even though im entitled to incapacity i do not want a life on benefits hence working self employed,

i have spent the last 9 years learnig to walk again and still have problems but im getting there, does any one now why would he would want to visit me.
    im stressed out as i have spent the last god now how may years paying of debts that occured whilst i was ill and now im finally getting back on my feet and reducing my debts i receive this letter.
    all my tax returns are upto date and the books are in order

any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thankyou
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills