PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2009 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Nipped to Mr S and did the shopping for the weekend and spent a grand total of £7.06 but forgot to get dog food :mad: Everything but the choc ices (10 for £1 Mr S own) was on special offer or BOGOF and I got some BOGOF viennese whirls for the caravan holiday.

I nearly bought some more apples then realised I had got some BOGOF and stuck them in the fridge earlier in the week so I am hoping to avoid shopping until the holiday shop next weekend.

Off to update my sig ( including last nights chinese:o)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • hi, first week shopping and i ve spent £100. This includes restocking the freezer. Went to Tesco and found it really expensive, back to morrisons next week methinks. The warmer weather is nice as we arent eating as much!

using lots of veg out of the garden. just need to decide what else to put in

off to update sig
    Grocery Challenge Feb 16 £346 /400
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Oh dear,oh dear just look at that siggy! I went mad with the money off vouchers in the newspapers and stocked the cupboards and freezers to the limit.I know it will last well into next month,probably a darn sight longer but I only have £69.36 till the end of the month.On a positive note I used every MOC I had against a £80 spend in MrT and got £31 off plus with buying for others £41.29 back so my shopping only came to £7.70 and I got the rushian vodka and another conditional spend voucher! This is becoming addictive esp with DM doing the £20 Tesco vouchers tomorrow.Noooooooo!
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • Herewegoagain
    Herewegoagain Posts: 2,370 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Hiya guys,

hope your all well, and for those who arn't (((hugs))).

Had another nsd today. For lunch we had fish, new pots and peas. The fish was a whopsie at 99p instead of £2. which I had bought the other day(another one still in freezer for next, friday mr and mrs are tradistional about their friday fish;))

I think as this went between 3 of us, it worked out at 53p each including veg, which I think was great:T:T

I will be only buying fresh stuff to the end of the month (If I don't get tempted:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:)

HWGA xx
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • meanmarie
    meanmarie Posts: 5,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Spent €10.69 this morning on milk, bread, newspaper and mince, total now running at €97.87. Glad I stopped smoking 7 years ago...they are now €8.45 for 20, would only be able to eat or smoke...not both!

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Can I direct you all to this thread - Martin :money:is asking for help ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Sunny_Donny
    Sunny_Donny Posts: 300 Forumite
    Hi Can I put my target as £200 for August please. Lots of parties and celebrations to cater for - one birthday (an ho ho ho 0 birthday) BBQ and wedding anniversary do
    July went in the bin - lost the plot as busy at work and stressed!!!
    Got the 3 for £10 bottles of wine and partook of a glass or two!!
    Mortgage free as at 1/9/13 :j
    To start work on the credit cards now!!
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Evening all, quick update on my spends. Went to the butchers and spent 10.05 and then the farm for eggs (2.60 for 12) and then onto Mr S for a few bits (80.69). This included a blender that was on offer.

Quick question, I have bought loads of veg to use with tinned toms and herbs as a base for pasta, spag bol etc. I need to blitz it to hide the veg from the kids but can I just freeze it then - the veg will be onions, mushrooms, peppers and courgettes?

The good news is that my cupboards, fridge and freezer are now full to bursting (have tins on the worktop because I cant fit them in the cupboard so wont need to spend any more for a while.

Sig updated. x x x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hello everyone :) I was away for the day and took advantage of the situation by stopping in at a fairly large 24 hour A$da! :j It's bumped my spend up a little bit, but we managed to get packs of spaghetti for 10p each, so that was £1 well spent. :rotfl:Also got some of their :eek: 4p jars of curry sauce and some packets of strawberry dessert mix. It's absolutely unbelieveable some of the prices! Wish we could get bargains like that where I stay! :rolleyes:
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    penguin83 wrote: »
    Quick question, I have bought loads of veg to use with tinned toms and herbs as a base for pasta, spag bol etc. I need to blitz it to hide the veg from the kids but can I just freeze it then - the veg will be onions, mushrooms, peppers and courgettes? ...

yes, you can freeze it - check out this thread see partway down the first post ' veg base' ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family