IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Elite Management Midlands Ltd

13»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,646
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 16 September 2017 at 4:38PM
    Can they go down the Freedom Act thing? I did actually give them my name & address as the day to day keeper
    No idea what you think it means. It just means they might send a Notice to Keeper to the Company so you need to stop them, NOW:
    As it's a company car

So do I actually copy those people in on the email too?
    Yes of course, the thugs aren't going to cancel if just you are asking. They need to be leaned on.
    Oooh... that's quite strong!!
    They are ex-clampers, knuckle-draggers trying to scam you. Are you happy about that? You might choose to remove:
    You and your ilk are an embarrassment to your gutter-dwelling industry.

Maybe replace it with this (I've changed 'registered keeper' to 'vehicle's keeper'):
    Dear Elite,

The BPA tell me you were required to act under their Code of Practice at the time of the parking event. Where's my POPLA code and why are you denying the right of a vehicle's keeper to appeal, and suggesting that appeals cannot be considered without the driver's name, and telling me that appeals have to be based upon mitigation?

This is all lies so I have copied in Mr Dunford (DVLA) and Mr Clark (BPA) to add weight to my right for a POPLA code to be provided in your rejection letter.

Try again - POPLA code please.

yours,

Warn your company they might get a scam letter from a firm you have reported to the DVLA. Are they the car's owners or is it leased? If so, also warn the Lease company owners/fleet service, not to pay if they get a 'Notice to Keeper' letter because it's from a notorious ex-clamper firm who are denying you a right to appeal, and you've reported them to the DVLA.

Warn them now NOT to pay Elite nor treat any letter as if it is a real penalty, and to pass it to you as the day to day keeper to continue your complaint.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Just an update:

Emailed the above last week and as yet no reply.

They have sent a letter to my company though, which I've told them not to pay.

Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    Are your company up for writing one letter back that names you (full name and home address) as the lessee/keeper of the car (NOT SAYING 'DRIVER'!) and confirming that they have therefore transferred liability under Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012.

That way they are removed from the equation (no more letters fro them) and you have been named as the keeper/lessee, and could then follow that with a reiteration of the fact you have appealed and are still waiting for a POPLA code.

I would not suit and wait, I would do the above to cover all bases and force the PPC to deal with you.
  • Yes I am looking into that, they have sent me the initial letter from Elite.

Shall I reply to Elite again, as per the above and reiterate that i am the day to day keeper of the car, sending them a copy of the letter they sent my employer?
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    No, I would ask your company to do that, even if you offer to pay the postage and write it yourself for the company to use!

What's in it for them, they might ask? Why should they bother? Why can't you write in your name?

Answer: To transfer liability and stop all letters coming to them, that's what. Protects their interests; some fleet/hire companies get sued who don't handle these properly. The letter you need them to send, discharges ALL liability for them.
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No, I would ask your company to do that, even if you offer to pay the postage and write it yourself for the company to use!

What's in it for them, they might ask? Why should they bother? Why can't you write in your name?

Answer: To transfer liability and stop all letters coming to them, that's what. Protects their interests; some fleet/hire companies get sued who don't handle these properly. The letter you need them to send, discharges ALL liability for them.

They've sent them an email stating the above. I've not had any contact from them as yet, email or postal.
  • Good news...
    Had an email tonight of Mr Clark and the ticket has been cancelled.

Thank you everyone for your advice and support, greatly appreciated.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    MrDilligaf wrote: »
    Good news...
    Had an email tonight of Mr Clark and the ticket has been cancelled.

Thank you everyone for your advice and support, greatly appreciated.

Glad it’s cancelled, but can you provide more detail please? Did Steve Clark just get involved as a result of you just copying him in on your letter/email to EMM, or has something more gone on in the background?

There seems to be a bit of a gap in the storyline.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Of course.

Steve Clarke intervened as he said he was very concerned about what Elite had replied with, so he asked me to give him a few days, which I did, and he emailed tonight to say he'd got the ticket cancelled. Delighted.

I was prepared for a lengthy drawn out battle as I'd not received any further responses from Elite directly, and of course they'd gone to my employer who did respond saying I was the day to day keeper. Unsure if I will get anything from them now.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Steve Clark is the decent face of the BPA and his interventions have always appeared to have been fair and as impartial as possible, given that he is working in a post funded by the parking sector.

Of late his absence from the front end of dealing with complaints has been noticeable, especially when we’ve seen a few new faces attempting to justify anything a PPC is doing and responding to complaints in a rather antagonistic manner. Maybe Steve has decided they’re not up to the job and has got himself more involved again.

Welcome back Steve Clark.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport