Get Spooking & Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2017

Comments

• Thanks guys! Probably not the best week to declare I want a big loss as I'm out a couple of times but I'll stick to it around those 2 meals.

I was out for dinner tonight and enjoyed my hoisin pork noodles and chocolate freakshake for pudding. I won't be beating myself up anymore. I stuck to plan 100% for the past few weeks and losses were slow and I was miserable as I felt like I was turning down going out just so I could be on plan. I'd rather take it slow and steady from now on with the occassional treat and not be miserable because I keep turning things down. I'm out again for a colleagues leaving do tomorrow night, debating driving so I can't drink and it won't then cost me a fortune but I dunno if I'll then be grumpy if everyone else is !!!!ed and I'm not!
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Welcome Doodlebug. I've added you to the spreadsheet. Our week goes from Tuesday morning to Monday evening, so if that weigh in is since Tuesday, then yes that is in this challenge, and wow what a brilliant way to start the challenge.

Also well done to Haras and Beanielou on your losses, and hugs to Bubbs on your gain. Don't let it upset you too much, it's only little and can easily be hormones.
    Zebras rock
  • kathrynha
    Forumite
    Today's plan for me:
    Breakfast - toast
    Mid-morning - blood
    Lunch - Naked noodles (will want something quick and easy)
    Dinner - stir fry
    Snacks - fruit, ginger sweets

HA - milk
    HB - bread
    Syns - ginger sweets, butter and jam on toast
    Zebras rock
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,830
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 8 September 2017 at 6:33AM
    kathrynha, Thanks for the new thread.

HARAS, Welcome to the thread. I have only been here about 6 weeks but its a great help.

Mrs_Ryan If your consultant is saying you need exercise then she is not doing her job properly. You do not need to exercise. If you follow the plan correctly you will lose weight. I would be in a mind to ring up head office and quote what she has said to you! I was told years ago that 1lb is 3500 calories. I can use that in 4 hours on my exercise bike.

I did some tests when I cameback from the Gulf in 2003 at the Navy hospital at Hasler. Was weighted before I spent 2 hours exercising on a treadmill in a 30 degree heat in a controlled environment. Temp sensors everywhere and heart monitor. They were trying see if my body could thermoregulate properly. In test they noted what fluid intake I had. At the end of the test I had lost just short of 10 lbs net though sweating! Very dehydrated. Even though I had drank nearly 3 litres.

rachie_cakes Welcome and a great 1st loss.

What TV programme are you referring too?

Doodlebug5 Welcome to the group.

Some great loses on the last challenge.

8 week challenge I will go for 14 lbs please.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,830
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Been another busy week again. Have enjoyed catching up again but am going to make a point of getting on here eachday to read.

Hazel went to see her dad at the weekend an I have been down south since Tuesday seeing my dad. Hazels dad has lost the sight in his right eye due to the stroke and will not get it back. Had to laugh when Hazel was saying he was bumping into things. I know I should not but I think its the dark squaddie humour in me.

WI last night. Another 3.5 lbs loss for me. Hazel 0.5 lbs. She had been dreading it as it was her birthday on Monday and we went out and drank too much when we got back. Btl of wine and 2 btl's of Champagne. It was still a loss and its has been everyweek since she started 16 weeks ago. I got my 1.5 stone award.

I have joined the social team. 2 reasons for this. 1 to help and secondly attended a presentation on Sunday morning about becoming a consultant. Looking at about 6 months away so all aspects of the social team will be a help.

At the presentation when I walked in I thought, what am I doing I am the wrong sex! But after to speaking to people there made to feel very welcome. As I have been told SW want more male consultants. All in all a well spent 3 hours. A long way to go in my SW journey first.
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• kathrynha
    Forumite
    Good loss Merlin.

Great about becoming a consultant. Men have weight issues as muchildren as females, yet the few men in my group rarely stay to group as it must be so difficult for them in a group of females.
    Zebras rock
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,875
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 8 September 2017 at 8:06AM
    beanielou wrote: »
    Abbafan~~why dont you try fortnightly?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I am covering the weigh in tomorrow morning and it's a covering consultant, so it will be different scales. This does tend to make a difference I think and it will be disheartening if the scales are not in my favour. So I've decided not to weigh in tomorrow and leave it until next week.

I have stayed on plan this week, as I know it's easy to slip off when you know you're not weighing in for a while!

I have been on this week as well - so hopefully by next week my body will be back to normal!

Take care all. x

ETA:- Well done Merlin! I help out on the social team - I've been shown how to do the weigh in, shop and the pay desk. It's useful to know as then I can just step in when we have people away. It's good to know what goes on behind the scenes. I have researched being a consultant, but I believe there's lots of pitfalls as it's like being self employed. Plus the fact I don't drive, so it's a no-go for me anyway!

What TV programme were you all watching earlier on in the thread?
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £43,915.98
  • Morning all - 3lb loss this week for me, not a bad start, I'd like to be under 13st next week if possible.

Well done to all with losses, and Bubbs I'm sure that half pound will come straight off and take some friends with it!

Good luck with your ambitions to be a consultant Merlin, it's such a female dominated industry, more male leaders can only be a good thing.

B - WM toast with butter (3)
    D - SW full English: Bacon, egg, potato, mushrooms and tomatoes
    T - Diet cola chicken from freezer with noodles (almost like a takeaway!)
    HEA - Milk
    HEB - WM toast
    Syns - Sugar (4), butter (3), Pom Bears (4) and maybe a Wispa or something since it's Friday (11?) = 22+

Need to do a meal plan and shopping list for tomorrow onwards though because the cupboards are bare.

Augh, just realised I'll have to weigh in a day early next week as I'm off to London on Thursday aft. Right! Got my focused hat on!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Dont have them:T:T:T not had for over 2 yrs:D

Lucky you!
    What TV programme were you all watching earlier on in the thread?

Not sure what it was called but it was comparing different diets... after it I also watch a programme about loose skin after loosing a lot of weight....:eek::eek::eek: I was tempted to have chocolate!

• Not sure what it was called but it was comparing different diets... after it I also watch a programme about loose skin after loosing a lot of weight....:eek::eek::eek: I was tempted to have chocolate!

Morning

It was called something like Lose weight save pounds.

Still reckon the concept was flawed & a friend of mine who lost a lot of weight using a meal replacement plan ( & was, by her admission, down right anti-social because of what she could - or more like not eat - on the plan) said that once she stopped, the weight crept back on.

MissTeach - that's exactly my approach - I'm off out this afternoon to an event that one of our clients has organised so I've decided to be the designated driver....good excuse not to drink.

I will reach my target this challenge!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport