Starting again, 1% at a time. 100 ways to make £80!

Comments

• ElleWoods
    ElleWoods Posts: 421 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Thanks Liz-Paul,
    Sounds interesting and I'm glad she's done well. Thanks for the suggestion but I really don't want to be a childminder - that's one job I'm definitely not cut out for tbh. I love looking after my own son but don't want to look after other people's ;) . I currently work part time in an office but would love to supplement my income somehow and have been thinking about doing an online business. Will have to look into it more. Either that or marry a rich man! :D
  • hey all,
    ive had such a busy day today cooking!!! ive cooked loads of stuff from the freezer so i dont have to go shopping and hopefully save some %!
    tried to use up what i can! cant believe how much i have cooked!

Clearing off the credit card
    Every little helps!!!
    1% at a time #87
  • MessyMare
    MessyMare Posts: 979 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Iiiiiiiiiiiiiit's PAYDAY!

The happiest day of the month for me, it's all downhill from here :P Just finished moving all my money around, gave £1500 to my Mum to start paying her back :) so that's made me feel good. Percentage wise:

#70 is up to 26%!

Feel so good about that, I was downstairs thinking about it and miscalculated at 16%, so I'm doing much better :) Over a quarter of the way there :) So even if I do get let go from my temporary job in December, I'm pretty safe for a while, as I should have over two months' wages banked to help me get by.

Hurrah
    :) Ebay has slowed right down for me so I need to get my bum into gear and get some more stuff listed, the last run was so good I think I was spoiled a little!

Well done everyone on your percents
    :)
    DEBT: £3585.91/£76843
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #033 £635.78/£2435.78
    EMERGENCY FUND: £1000/£1000
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; always try just one more time
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    No worries cuba cat! Childminding certainly isn't for everyone (I guess all jobs are like that..?) but its going to plug a gap for me for a few years. I would love to find something to do from home with a decent salary and flexible hours but I have no idea what I could do! Good luck in sussing it out.
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • dory22
    dory22 Posts: 193 Forumite
    can i add delivering yellow pages/thompson books, depending on the size of the area you have depends on the pay i had a resonable size area got £170 for the week.
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all. Good and bad news from me.

Sold a dress on eBay for £13 plus post. :T I paid £10 for it second hand and started it on a 99p bid. Last week it was started at £5 bid and got no interest so I was quite pleased tbh!

Bad news is my husband broke his office chair and as he spends 16 hours on it most days we had to fork out for a new one, it had been breaking a long time, so had enough in the business account for one, £50. So although it's not come out of our personal spends it means if his business requires anything else it will have to come out of our personal account if it can't wait until end of month.

The double pram I'm trying to shift didn't sell again :mad: relisting it tonight at 7pm for another 3 day listing. Got a few more bits to list. Trying to declutter but omg it's hard work with 2 kids and a baby on the way, they have so much stuff! still I've sold quite a bit so if I keep going I'll have less stuff (in theory) and more space to put it all :rotfl:

I've found some beef in the freezer, dated 30th nov 2011, is it past using now? :o I don't want to waste it but equally don't want us getting ill

Sarah x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • liz-paul
    liz-paul Posts: 899 Forumite
    Hi sarah, have you tried gumtree for the buggy? I've sold quite a few big (i.e. too big to post) items on gumtree in the last few months.
    As for the beef (don't sue me if this is wrong!) - I would defrost it and see what it looks and smells like. If it looks and smells ok I would use it, otherwise bin it! I think beef is one of the safer meats IYKWIM?
    1% at a time no. 40. £8000 (For dream family holiday) 94/100
    MFW 2013 no. 62 £10,000/£10,000
    MFW 2014 no 62 £8000/£7000
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Well I've just worked out, once we are totally debt free (bar the mortgage) we will be £600 a month better off :eek:

That is a lot of money to be 'throwing away', more than our mortgage!
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • bargainbetty
    bargainbetty Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just dropping in to say that the cheque from my friend cleared, and the £500 is straight into the savings account! With that, the starting bit, and a few ebays etc, I've reached my 10% mark - £700!

:T

Oh, defrost the beef and give it a good sniff - should be fine. To be honest, I've eaten older stuff and lived. Possibly stewed rather than roasted though?

Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
  • bpsp10
    bpsp10 Posts: 59 Forumite
    happytails wrote: »
    I've found some beef in the freezer, dated 30th nov 2011, is it past using now? :o I don't want to waste it but equally don't want us getting ill

As long as the meat hasn't been defrosted and then re-frozen (ie, has stayed at below -18c for the duration) then it will be absolutely fine to eat. There might be a slight taste deterioration but it will be safe to eat.
    Total Credit Card Debt - £6,108/£7,079 (0% until April 2013)
    1% at a time #53 - 13/100
    DFD - [STRIKE]May 2015[/STRIKE] August 2014
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills