Free Hot Drink in Waitrose Cafe with £1.60 spend for myWaitrose card holders

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 January 2013 at 10:58PM
    Hope this is not a stupid question but what is a "my Waitrose Card" is it sort of like Tesco Clubcard or is it a credit card?

How do I get one as the nearest little supermarket to where I work is Waitrose and I occasionally use it to get a lunch time drink etc.

Thanks

You can apply for one on line at the Waitrose website.http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/home/mywaitrose/mywaitrose_welcome.html

It is not like a clubcard or credit card. It is just card that they swipe when you purchase anything and they send you offers from time to time. You also get entered into competitions.
  • claire21
    claire21 Posts: 32,747
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    The card also gets you certain discounts eg the mailing this week is a % off skincare or something like that but a few weeks ago it was a % off ready meals. So really worth getting. Plus pick up the mag instore for moneyoff vouchers.
  • claire21 wrote: »
    The card also gets you certain discounts eg the mailing this week is a % off skincare or something like that but a few weeks ago it was a % off ready meals. So really worth getting. Plus pick up the mag instore for moneyoff vouchers.

Iv'e one of these cards and I didn't get % off ready meals, I got money off £40 spend vouchers.Seems like they send different offers out to everyone?
  • Cook_County
    Cook_County Posts: 3,085
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The % off ready meals (milk at the moment) are on posters in store. I usually get a free coffee and take it to Starbucks next door to drink quietly. No spend required.
  • I'm not sure why this is on the low spend board rather than the freebie board -- it's totally free tea and coffee, 7 days a week, and they're always happy to do a cappuccino or a latte at our Waitrose. The only catch is the long queue of people picking up free coffees.

The other free coffee card I have is IKEA Family; free coffee Monday to Friday. Both of these are completely free.

I run, so I run to Waitrose (2.5 miles) or IKEA (2.8 miles), get a free coffee, run home.
    Make £2023 in 2023: (all decluttering), current total £2860 me, £330 for friends & family, £468 charity donations.
  • sumoqueen
    sumoqueen Posts: 1,533
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm not sure why this is on the low spend board rather than the freebie board -- it's totally free tea and coffee, 7 days a week, and they're always happy to do a cappuccino or a latte at our Waitrose. The only catch is the long queue of people picking up free coffees.
    I would imagine it is because originally you had to purchase something in the cafe to get your free tea or coffee?
    No buying toiletries challenge - possibly for most of 2011,2012,2013,2014,2015!
    £1 in sealed pot for each UU (2011 135/500:D) 2012 have UU 130/400 (never realised I had a mini chemist under my bed!!!) :rotfl:2013 UU 156/350. 2014 UU 197/250 2015 UU 16/100

Nursing is a work of heart by angels in comfortable shoes!!! :)
  • Cook_County
    Cook_County Posts: 3,085
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    We have a choice of two branches of Waitrose; both within less than 10 minutes at a nice slow walking pace...I'd spill it if I was running...
  • While I was getting my free coffee this afternoon the member of staff said that Waitrose maybe stopping the free coffee/tea soon.
  • surfsister
    surfsister Posts: 7,527
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    hi guys stopping the coffee!!! bad news!

stopping nr the Bayswater Rd London anyone know if there's a waitrose anywhere near please??
  • Curlytop_2
    Curlytop_2 Posts: 281 Forumite
    From Monday 1st July Waitrose will include new weekday papers in their free offer - this includes the Guardian and others. Best of all, the offer will include weekends - this includes the Telegraph and others.
    I'm sure Waities will announce all the details soon. I was told this at the till yesterday by a cashier who read from an internal staff memo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure